2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

During the original Dunk wave I was a broke hs/college kid, I was into shoes but not really keeping up with anything since I couldn't even afford a to buy a pair of shoes back then. How does the current hype compare to then?
I’m same as you. Secured as many as I could, but never all the ones I wanted

I feel like it’s around the same, just a little more difficult to obtain.With all these new systems to cop, cheat, and slide through the hoops it’s hard. Social media is killing it.

Travis said you gotta ride it for a full minute to be able to claim your pair
359120D8-F748-4C27-BB44-C28728106FC7.jpeg

Check your local shops IG that are using copdate. Some are switch over to email raffle instead.

I posted this on the reddit sub r/DunksNotDead when the Plums dropped.

TLDR:
2008 - Dunks became increasingly difficult to get due to backdooring. Dunk hype eventually dies
2020 - Dunks are in again and difficult to get due to backdooring, bots, and resellers. Dunk hype will eventually die.

I think dunks jumped the shark in 2008 with all the wacky themed releases and got progressively worse at the tooling changed and the tongue got thin for a minute. reselling wasn't THAT bad back then compared to now and everything was FCFS. I do think the hype will eventually die, but more so because people will have moved on to something else. Jordan 1s were hot, now they've cooled off. Air Maxes were hot for a minute, but that cooled off. Whatever will make someone money is what will be the hot shoe in this current climate.

For anyone that "really" wants these ts dunks don't wait too long to buy them. you'll be sick.
big facts.

closest thing to pigeons/paris/something of that ilk we've seen as far as numbers in awhile IMO. at best the numbers gotta be like supreme highs (iirc 500 of each color)?

what are the skateshops in japan/Europe looking like?

I literally had this convo at lunch and remembered a time where I scoffed at paris but could have afford them. now look...these aren't those but still...as I was talking I had a weebay moment and was like yooo...maybe I should just take the L and purchase now...sad. I just want to wear them. :/

early pics made them look terrible...especially with the bandana print ripped off the toe area. DS these are fire. still not feeling the laces but the whole rest of the shoe is fire to me. i'd cop if it were a gr sitting on shelves.
i'm not a ts fan at all outside of that one song he had on the radio with drake. if its not boom bap (Griselda and anyone in their circle) with a few exceptions (peewee longway, sauce twinz or something from like 2002 and back, etc.) its not getting played in the whip.

whoever said that they're not a fan of son but his sneaker releases have all been dope wasn't lying.

(my 2 cents)

Back
Top Bottom