2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

1. It’s just shoes
2. It’s a big deal because i have A niketalk account.
3. Snkrs/raffle systems or bust

I’ve always liked SB’s With the Old Spice dunk low being what got me hooked (that suede) but even back then it was a pain to get dunks cause you had the same antics that are going on today, At least at my local skate shop. I lost out on Diamond Tiff Highs because some
Kid called his mom to come plead his fake *** case with the shop owner which resulted in me
Loosing out cause he now had my spot in line. (Old i was Here first waiting in the car with mommy -_-)

now releases are centralized via 1 major app (SNKRS) and raffle systems which i appreciate
Because i do Less driving, no camping out, no disappointments that take place outside my home. I can Wake up enter a raffle hit snkrs and hope for the best. Worst case i go back to sleep after a L and wait on the next one.

i take from the game what i can. And right now, it’s snatching up whatever pairs i like While still feasible cause i dont See how sneaker releases will be handled in the next 10years.

I’m cool with all the new people interested in dunks.... means new stuff coming down the road
There were times we thought Nike might stop making dunks because so many sat for so long and there were no hyped releases

I just wish the current level would bring it down a few notches so I could actually buy my pairs
Maybe I’ve just been unlucky

For those of you that I’ve been rocking dunks or sbs since 05....How do you guys feel about this dunk/SB trend going on now…??? All these shoes are becoming popular because of off-white and Travis Scott it’s a little ridiculous… Now kids are wearing SB dunks? Where were they last year...its nauseating honestly. But shout out to those dunk heads who've been rocking with the shoe for a while because now your getting a resurgence or colorways.

ps.... If this Travis Scott dunk…or the plum is your first dunk you’re a goofball basically

I wouldn't care if I could still grab what I wanted, the numbers are too low (purposely) to make getting anything exclusive let a lone GRs a real pain.. What's the point of actually having desirable releases when you can't get them?

The more important and bigger issue to me is, why did it take Nike bringing in hype to actually put effort into the line? Let's be honest, Nike phoned it in the last 6 or 7 years on Dunks. It wasn't that they are putting out great releases and people took notice. I'm sure they sat in a board room and said, "Alright let's make dunks popular again. We just have to put out some good stuff, recycle some old ideas, and not make too many." So this line wasn't worth putting out anything good for without the hype behind it?

I’m cool with all the new people interested in dunks.... means new stuff coming down the road
There were times we thought Nike might stop making dunks because so many sat for so long and there were no hyped releases

I just wish the current level would bring it down a few notches so I could actually buy my pairs
Maybe I’ve just been unlucky

Sometimes you need the new crop of kids to show Nike that there is still a desire for them. I just do not appreciate the limited-ness of todays Dunks. I pray I can get ahold of the Syracuse dunks without to big of a fight(but I know better).

eBay is so damn buyer centered. I thought you guys were exaggerating but man it's bad. I was just on the phone with them for 40 minutes cause I sold a computer GPU about a month ago to someone and out of nowhere yesterday they said there a issue so they opened a case. So I responded telling them how to troubleshoot the issue cause the options ebay gave me as the seller were. Accept return, Give full refund , Partial refund or message seller (which according to lady on phone message seller isn't considered a "action" toward resolving case 🤷‍♂️! ). And even with me responding with 2 messages if the guy doesn't respond by march 5th they'll still create return label for them to send to me because the response I chose was not accept return, full refund or partial smh. I have never been so disappointed with eBay in all my time I've had account with them. I'm definitely done selling anything else on there after this.
Ok vent/rant over.

same thing happened to me last month with eBay .. i did what eBay wanted me to do to resolve issue with buyer , buyer ignore my messages I gave buyer a partial refund since the shoes were damage. There’s no such thing as seller protection, they always go in favor with the buyer , I ended up loosing money and un sellable item ... eBay gonna tell you they can’t do nothing cause the item goes to seller — to — buyer
Not seller — to eBay — buyer 🤷🏽‍♂️
That’s there loop hole to clean there hands , I hope that make sense to you ....

8427749C-FE1C-4DDC-BB0C-3393141D5961.jpeg
I love these so much

I hate the elitism that comes with sneaker culture.

while I get the frustration of increased difficulty when it comes to obtaining something that historically may have been easier. It’s no reason to belittle someone just because the have a new found interest in something based on pop culture resurgence.

People will come and go with ebs and flows of trends. If you’re really into something that shouldn’t make or break your passion for it.

Like others have said if anything this new found interest will only help the Sb brand overall. I remember a while back people were saying this line is hanging on by a thread. Like I said some will come and go but those that remain with the brand will spur new collabs, inspire new colorways, and possibly even increase the value of older pairs as many of us begin to move away from sneakers in order to pursue other hobbies.

however they must tread lightly because the 35 year old who has been buying for 15 years is more likely to be buying 5 years from now than the 15 year old who just started buying.

*LTV = Lifetime Value

i agree...

however the 35 year old that has been buying for 15 years is a guaranteed sale and the customer nike cares the least about due to their loyalty...this customer is likely to buy a bad product or an overpriced product due to nostagia or collection...this customer also has to deal with the real world (dress code/bills/kids)... so nike may lose this customer after all

nothing is wrong with this...its just the nature of business...and why it would make sense for nike to hit up the TS crowd or abloh (i looked this dude up and cant believe kids follow this guys direction on clothing...wtf!)

look at how valuable things from our childhood has become that once didnt have much value (street fighter 2 cabinets, 5.0 mustangs, civics/integras, retro brands or retro inspired items (cars and shoes)...its crazy if you think about it, but the kids that are interested and buy now really are who matter the most

Nike's trying to attract the younger crowd while also trying to appease the og SB collectors but not increasing numbers is making it a problem for both groups. as far as the effort in design guess they needed to see the following was still there before they went all in again. probably why they tested the waters with the retro pairs they did to kick off the return of the sb imho

I hate the elitism that comes with sneaker culture.

while I get the frustration of increased difficulty when it comes to obtaining something that historically may have been easier. It’s no reason to belittle someone just because the have a new found interest in something based on pop culture resurgence.

People will come and go with ebs and flows of trends. If you’re really into something that shouldn’t make or break your passion for it.

Like others have said if anything this new found interest will only help the Sb brand overall. I remember a while back people were saying this line is hanging on by a thread. Like I said some will come and go but those that remain with the brand will spur new collabs, inspire new colorways, and possibly even increase the value of older pairs as many of us begin to move away from sneakers in order to pursue other hobbies.

This is the problem though, the argument is that this popularity will bring in new and fresh ideas and a resurgence of good releases. But what's the point of all these new great shoes if you can't actually get them?

same thing happened to me last month with eBay .. i did what eBay wanted me to do to resolve issue with buyer , buyer ignore my messages I gave buyer a partial refund since the shoes were damage. There’s no such thing as seller protection, they always go in favor with the buyer , I ended up loosing money and un sellable item ... eBay gonna tell you they can’t do nothing cause the item goes to seller — to — buyer
Not seller — to eBay — buyer 🤷🏽‍♂️
That’s there loop hole to clean there hands , I hope that make sense to you ....

Yeah that's pretty much the gist of how the phone call went. She wasn't trying to be as direct about it but I kept picking at her and she pretty much told me best case scenario is I do partial refund offer. Stuffs ridiculous man. I really thought you guys were over exaggerating the ebay seller stuff as I'd never dealt with any cases but now I definitely see. haha

i agree...

however the 35 year old that has been buying for 15 years is a guaranteed sale and the customer nike cares the least about due to their loyalty...this customer is likely to buy a bad product or an overpriced product due to nostagia or collection...this customer also has to deal with the real world (dress code/bills/kids)... so nike may lose this customer after all

nothing is wrong with this...its just the nature of business...and why it would make sense for nike to hit up the TS crowd or abloh (i looked this dude up and cant believe kids follow this guys direction on clothing...wtf!)

look at how valuable things from our childhood has become that once didnt have much value (street fighter 2 cabinets, 5.0 mustangs, civics/integras, retro brands or retro inspired items (cars and shoes)...its crazy if you think about it, but the kids that are interested and buy now really are who matter the most

dang I ain’t seen a guaranteed sale for anyone at retail lately!

teenagers or college kids wearing dunks they arent getting love from me..Especially today. Because I know the whole reason they have those dunks is because off white or travis scott lol which is so lame. Literally the day BEFORE these influencers got ahold of these classic silos NON of these kids were rocking these

This post reeks of bitterness and elitism. How would you even know who is who? How do you know some of these kids weren't into dunks beforehand. And on that note what does it matter? If you suddenly cant appreciate a dope sneaker because you are pre judging the wearer that means you didnt really like the sneaker to begin with. You just like being part of an "exclusive" little club that's in the know. I'd argue that's worse than buying sneakers just because they are "hyped" now.

I wouldn't care if I could still grab what I wanted, the numbers are too low (purposely) to make getting anything exclusive let a lone GRs a real pain.. What's the point of actually having desirable releases when you can't get them?

The more important and bigger issue to me is, why did it take Nike bringing in hype to actually put effort into the line? Let's be honest, Nike phoned it in the last 6 or 7 years on Dunks. It wasn't that they are putting out great releases and people took notice. I'm sure they sat in a board room and said, "Alright let's make dunks popular again. We just have to put out some good stuff, recycle some old ideas, and not make too many." So this line wasn't worth putting out anything good for without the hype behind it?
Thats exactly what they did. Thats sad man. They love that they can recure the old shoes anytime they want with phony influencers.

Back
Top Bottom