2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Today’s beaters
1583261854418.jpeg

For those of you that I’ve been rocking dunks or sbs since 05....How do you guys feel about this dunk/SB trend going on now…??? All these shoes are becoming popular because of off-white and Travis Scott it’s a little ridiculous… Now kids are wearing SB dunks? Where were they last year...its nauseating honestly. But shout out to those dunk heads who've been rocking with the shoe for a while because now your getting a resurgence or colorways.

ps.... If this Travis Scott dunk…or the plum is your first dunk you’re a goofball basically

I've been rocking since 07. I think we forget that dunks were hard to obtain once upon a time between like 05 and...08? 09? i definitely have to line up for things like peewees and money cats back in the day. and obviously, since then, even more people have gotten into hard to find/unique/rare sneakers. and yeah, pop culture has played a roll in the resurgence of dunks. which is both good and bad...would nike have brought back plums? would we be seeing bttys dunks again? would nike sb have put shoes with quality materials again if none of tis happened? who knows. and let's also remember that some of us in here also jumped on the dunk trend once upon a time (i personally learned about nike sb through hypebeast) and just stuck with it.

This post reeks of bitterness and elitism. How would you even know who is who? How do you know some of these kids weren't into dunks beforehand. And on that note what does it matter? If you suddenly cant appreciate a dope sneaker because you are pre judging the wearer that means you didnt really like the sneaker to begin with. You just like being part of an "exclusive" little club that's in the know. I'd argue that's worse than buying sneakers just because they are "hyped" now.
LOL stop it. If you 22 or younger and you wearing sbs ..chances are its because of travis scott. Stop playing. The fact that you related my passion for sneakers to a “club thats in the know” is gross. In the know of what?? What is that? In the know of what i like?? As opposed to these brats getting fed what is “supposed to be cool” from instagram???I bet you call it “the sneaker game” too. For me..this started with passion..Now the only reason I use Nike talk is to talk about sports this is sad. you wouldn’t understand that though

all they need to do is have one of the young rappers remix the nelly song and i bet it blows up
carolinakickg carolinakickg and i were joking the other day that TS should sample the nelly beat and drop SB DUNKS
would be ironic, " i need 2 purrs" meanwhile most cats can't even get 1 smh lol
I swear there already was a Dunks song but I can't find it on YT.

One of the lyrics was "Yeah I got dunks, dunks on my feet, hundred different flavors make my outfit complete. Yeah I know you want em, I spent 300 on em, scuff em, **** you gonna be a goner".

I've been rocking since 07. I think we forget that dunks were hard to obtain once upon a time between like 05 and...08? 09? i definitely have to line up for things like peewees and money cats back in the day. and obviously, since then, even more people have gotten into hard to find/unique/rare sneakers. and yeah, pop culture has played a roll in the resurgence of dunks. which is both good and bad...would nike have brought back plums? would we be seeing bttys dunks again? would nike sb have put shoes with quality materials again if none of tis happened? who knows. and let's also remember that some of us in here also jumped on the dunk trend once upon a time (i personally learned about nike sb through hypebeast) and just stuck with it.
It was diff back then in theose days though. You werent Clinging to something because of a goofball with no style. You werent clinging to something because the majority leaned that way.

Now you cats see how we felt over there in the Jordan 1 thread.

Shxt was sweet gettin 1's with no hassle until the hype set.

Now you either gotta have a bot, a mean plug, or deep pockets to cop.
That’s another thing that I stayed away from because it simply wasn’t me

You can't blame all of this on Nike's marketing team granted they are VERY good at what they do. A lot of it has to do with fashion trends. Take a look at what you see on your IG trending feed.

I know a few years ago all I saw was zipper pants, sleek runners, and high end fashion brands to finish it off.

But now baggier clothes are what the "trendy" in crowd wants, retro and vintage clothes are what people want.

That pair of 350 v2's don't fit with their faux vintage Tupac tee from pacsun, and the baggy cargos...but that pair of dunks or Jordan 1's do. They also quench their hype drive because not everyone can get them. Did nike play a part? Sure but it's not all on Nike. To me it looks like they're reading what the masses want and are feeding into it. Fanning the flames if you will.

I swear there already was a Dunks song but I can't find it on YT.

One of the lyrics was "Yeah I got dunks, dunks on my feet, hundred different flavors make my outfit complete. Yeah I know you want em, I spent 300 on em, scuff em, **** you gonna be a goner".

U-N-I has a song KREAM that has a similar line but it’s not all about dunks

You can't blame all of this on Nike's marketing team granted they are VERY good at what they do. A lot of it has to do with fashion trends. Take a look at what you see on your IG trending feed.

I know a few years ago all I saw was zipper pants, sleek runners, and high end fashion brands to finish it off.

But now baggier clothes are what the "trendy" in crowd wants, retro and vintage clothes are what people want.

That pair of 350 v2's don't fit with their faux vintage Tupac tee from pacsun, and the baggy cargos...but that pair of dunks or Jordan 1's do. They also quench their hype drive because not everyone can get them. Did nike play a part? Sure but it's not all on Nike. To me it looks like they're reading what the masses want and are feeding into it. Fanning the flames if you will.
Travis scott started rocking the jnco looking jeans with the wide legs man im telling you and it all followed suit. Everyone wanna dress like a bum now

LOL stop it. If you 22 or younger and you wearing sbs ..chances are its because of travis scott. Stop playing. The fact that you related my passion for sneakers to a “club thats in the know” is gross. In the know of what?? What is that? In the know of what i like?? As opposed to these brats getting fed what is “supposed to be cool” from instagram???I bet you call it “the sneaker game” too. For me..this started with passion..Now the only reason I use Nike talk is to talk about sports this is sad. you wouldn’t understand that though

Really man? This is the hill you choose to die on? There are a million different arguments to be had about the current climate of sneakers, reselling, bots, impossible to cop sneakers, backdooring etc I can go on and on. But you... you choose to straight up hate on a whole demographic of buyers that dont fit your criteria of the people who should be into dunks. We don't need this negativity around here.

Really man? This is the hill you choose to die on? There are a million different arguments to be had about the current climate of sneakers, reselling, bots, impossible to cop sneakers, backdooring etc I can go on and on. But you... you choose to straight up hate on a whole demographic of buyers that dont fit your criteria of the people who should be into dunks. We don't need this negativity around here.
The climate of sneakers?? and bots? Are you 5? Thats an argument people had 10 years ago when bots became a problem. Thats old. If you still see that as a problem then you havent figured out how to get around that yet. When people can’t get their Travis Scotts or their lobsters… And they’re paying resale for basic models..thats what pisses me off. Because then i cant get mine. I don’t care about Travis Scott’s for any of these hyped sneakers I never did I just like the basic models. the colorways that nobody cares about.. but now I can’t even get those by walking into a skate shop or local shop? Or ebay?? Thats a problem

It doesn't/shouldn't matter but I'm old, much older than most guys here, and I like the fact that Dunks and SBs are in the cyclical return again. When the other waves of sneakers were popular I looked into them and even bought a few but I always returned to the AJ1s and Dunks. I give props to celebs and artists who wear sneakers. I don't hate on the youngins and next generation of peeps who wear what others are wearing because they're in some form of spotlight.

Let people be. Some folks in here be hating from the bell tower. I hope whatever and whoever hurt you in the past doesn't bother you anymore.

It doesn't/shouldn't matter but I'm old, much older than most guys here, and I like the fact that Dunks and SBs are in the cyclical return again. When the other waves of sneakers were popular I looked into them and even bought a few but I always returned to the AJ1s and Dunks. I give props to celebs and artists who wear sneakers. I don't hate on the youngins and next generation of peeps who wear what others are wearing because they're in some form of spotlight.

Let people be. Some folks in here be hating from the bell tower. I hope whatever and whoever hurt you in the past doesn't bother you anymore.
Good give me some of that old man money so i can buy a $65 pair of shoes for $400

Back
Top Bottom