2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

So after reading through a few pages....

Never underestimate the power of hype/trendy

I recall that premier email so seeing that again made me laugh was also telling a friend how de la soul low(high version re done) was in Nike outlets for MONTHS as low as $40 and literally NOBODY was buying them now it’s like 4-500 buck shoe lol

Please realize that hype isn’t as organic as it once was and people will hype up(post) in order to build that secondary market online

for those around long enough

remember the lebron 11 what the

massively huge hype and people were paying over 1K for early pairs

Then I decided to post the production count on them for footlocker family of stores and show just how NOT limited they were

basically a GR lebron in every sense of the word back then

the amount of hate I got for it was insane and I’m not talking in just threads

I received over 100 DM’ s telling new to **** and what’s my F’n problem and even death threats over it

and yes I’m serious

why?

because I was hurting the secondary market

I made a 1K+ shoe drop to a hard pass or retail plus 20 lol

even now 6 years later roughly that shoe is not much over retail

it’s probably my funniest experience on here regarding shoe information I give out time to time

even that topic seeing everyone after I gave the info out start laughing and watching the after market crash with every reply to people copping the shoe in 34th street footlockers all the way to closing time as I said before drop was hilarious

all while having my life threatened via DM for a few days by 100’s of people because I “ruined their flip”

But anyway things go in cycles the original sb days were great but different world then

now every 11 year old with birthday/xmas money turns into a reseller with dreams of being a YouTube star

I refuse to pay resell

only way I would even consider it is for a gift to someone maybe but even that’s not a thing I do but if like my little nephew really wanted something bad enough for a birthday or something then maybe but within extreme reason not 826383 times retail lol

few years from now I’m sure the clout will be on something else

I understand creating hype and making certain things limited. Yes, it drives brand demand.

But it makes no sense to not have regular Dunks always available. GR’s used to drop in multiple FSR’s. Now, in my state, two shops each get one GR FSR. For a metro region of more than 10 million people. That’s stupid.
Feels like they took away all the stock of GRs that used to he on nike.com and just stopped producing it instead of distributing it to the skate shops

i said this before as well, its not just Dunks. guys are having trouble getting New Balance GR's for months. some of it is supply issues as well, but it's not exclusive.

nike did there job right. they seeded all those NBA players and whores(kardashians etc) with the bttys, then covid hit and everyone's got free time. oddly enough i don't see anyone wearing dunks still lol
hold up, this is true. the only time i've another person wear dunks was when i was waiting for some drop i can't recall atm. he was wearing purple lobsters.

Well that’s better than your boy telling you I suppose, but not 100 percent of all made...

Salute Atlas

0A41767E-A06B-4672-829D-A244CA4821CE.jpeg

Do all pairs have the suede strip under the midpanel fuzzy part? Some pics of pairs seem like it doesn't have it? Maybe just the angles.

Do all pairs have the suede strip under the midpanel fuzzy part? Some pics of pairs seem like it doesn't have it? Maybe just the angles.

the vast majority of pairs i've seen have it, and it was in almost all stock pics I saw after I noticed it and started looking for it. i think it's weird its like that though.

from what i've seen, I would be suspect if a pair DIDN'T have it, because those pairs seem to be in the minority.....but I'm only basing this off casually paying attention

I wanted these in green or yellow, but took an L everywhere. Moving on.

Yes. That strip is needed for reinforcement to bond the midsole/upper. Baby, papa, and mama bears all have it. Other shoes use it too depending on the material. Vandal dunk is another example I can think of.

1595938079193.png

1595937933278.png

looks like changes have been made. this one's better than the previous leaked pics

Thanks for sharing. These look good as hell I can't front. I'm a little thrown off by ostrich swoosh but that's not a dealbreaker.

I'm not 100% sold on those being legit though. Looks like "new-tooling" outsole but it doesn't have the flap over the bottom two lace eyelets. Plus the paint job along the mid and outsole is pretty sloppy. Also there's no text under the nike sb logo on the tongue.

copdate has swindled me for that last time lol them boys going in the spam folder "front of the line perk pass" my asparagus

Yes. That strip is needed for reinforcement to bond the midsole/upper. Baby, papa, and mama bears all have it. Other shoes use it too depending on the material. Vandal dunk is another example I can think of.

1595938079193.png

1595937933278.png

I had a pair of Baby Bears back in the day and i never remembered them having that suede strip until i looked at pics of pairs online. I thought it was ugly when i first saw it on Grateful Deads but it does seem like it’s needed for bonding purposes because of the long hair nature of the faux fur

Back
Top Bottom