2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

way to capitalize bruv.

proud of you.

Thanks bro! The way i figure it, people love clothes to match their shoes so I give them what they want and the clothes sell themselves. Also its a good way for me to make a name for myself since I've been in sneaker culture for so long. I'd rather make clothes and use that money to cop higher priced releases that I want rather than resort to reselling and buying up sneakers I don't like just to flip.

It's sad that regular Dunks that would have gone on sale back in the late 00's are now being sold for 5X profit. Reselling killed sneaker culture and I don't think it can ever truly recover.

I feel like a lot of these issues would be at least better if people knew how to take the loss and move on. People just can't let it go. I really wanted the Safaris, entered something like 9 raffles, SNKRs, local raffles, etc, and when I didn't win I saw that what they were going for and refused to pay resell for them even though I wanted them badly.
FACTS!

I defnitely still dont see people wearing dunks out and about either.. its another way I know most are hoarding to sell. Whole sneaker thing is tiring nowadays. Couldnt even get excited about ACGs. Would rather conserve my energy for something in real life w/o false hope.

Gonna swap back to OG laces soon.
7C52190B-F0FA-4294-B5BF-12B778CEA4E3.jpeg

Jordan 1 hands down the most sought after sneaker in the game right now.

thats really why dunks even having this revitalized run.

they figured out the science cus all the research info is public knowledge.

Nike is choosing production numbers based on the resale market and acting accordingly.

we telling them how to sell to us by playing the game.

I VOW TO NOT BE UPSET ANYMORE THO. :frown:

anyway. nice shoes up there.

i have a love hate relationship with COPDATE ...
Never hit anything on there and spent so damn much on their raffle boost system (triple boost on 3 accounts me/Wife/Sis) ...
but finally they gave me a win on 1 account ...
Hennessy dunks from XB COPDATE raffle
This a worth dub or eehhh?
79D17CFD-30F2-4E48-ACF9-52A2C3DA5E6A.jpeg

Jordan 1 hands down the most sought after sneaker in the game right now.

thats really why dunks even having this revitalized run.

they figured out the science cus all the research info is public knowledge.

Nike is choosing production numbers based on the resale market and acting accordingly.

we telling them how to sell to us by playing the game.

I VOW TO NOT BE UPSET ANYMORE THO. :frown:

anyway. nice shoes up there.

I still ask myself this question how is a dunk/ Nike sb price at $120 or so, but the air Jordan 1 is now $170!

I feel like a lot of these issues would be at least better if people knew how to take the loss and move on. People just can't let it go. I really wanted the Safaris, entered something like 9 raffles, SNKRs, local raffles, etc, and when I didn't win I saw that what they were going for and refused to pay resell for them even though I wanted them badly.
Big big facts. Nike & every other brand is making more sneakers than ever these days. Plenty of other fish in the sea.

Never hit anything on there and spent so damn much on their raffle boost system (triple boost on 3 accounts me/Wife/Sis) ...

This pair never did it for me. I have fury blue and laser orange passed on these though. But at this point you gotta take what you can get. Sell them and put the money towards something else if you not feelin em.

I take back what I said....
just hit on green bears on COPDATE :wow:

I’m 34, and have been into and collecting shoes my entire life, and IMO the worst thing with kicks now is how it’s basically turned into the fking lottery. Sure, it hasn’t always been easy per se to grab every pair, but it wasn’t a damn scavenger hunt of “entering fifty 11 raffles” and cross your fingers, to still collect an L 95% of the time. I know I can’t do sht about it, and it is what it is so I’ll deal with it, but it’s wack. I honestly wouldn’t be as irked, and I’m confident to say most will agree with me, if all these pairs that get scooped up were actually worn. IMO it’s not the economy that has changed so much as it’s the mentality that has changed within the sneaker community, combined with Nike/Jordan (and other sneaker companies) contributing To it. Reselling within the sneaker community is glorified now. There has always been reselling, but it was like a couple people did it, it was frowned upon but those couple got almost a pass for it, but the vast majority of us were after personal pairs to wear. I personally can’t think of too many industries where people get props and notoriety for grabbing up inventory of an item or experience, to then force (not actually “force,” which is a contributing factor itself, since people actually buying from sellers enables them to continue doing what they’re doing) people who are into said item/experience to have to pay out the az to participate. I’m old enough to remember Furbys and Tickle-Me-Elmos, and how people that were buying those up and flipping them were perceived. They were viewed as sleazy for snatching up kids toys and “making”parents pay crazy prices to be able to get one for their kids. The perception is just different in the sneaker community in particular. Selling platforms feed into that, buyers actually buying from resellers feed into that, and Nike/Jordan limiting supply also contribute. For me, shoes have never been a get money thing, and I don’t care who else has the same pair I have. I won’t knock the hustle of those that are doing the reselling, I’ll never agree with or like it, but it is what it is, and I’ll adapt accordingly (jump through hoops and sometimes pay resell unfortunately) to be able to partake in a lifelong passion that I’ve had and will continue to have. But I jump through enough hoops dealing with the producers/manufacturers and the stores, so fk giving a co-sign or stamp of approval to a third party (resellers) making me have to do even more for some shoes. I might buy from that route sometimes, as sometimes you gotta pay to play, but I’ll never agree with it ethically.

I’m 34, and have been into and collecting shoes my entire life, and IMO the worst thing with kicks now is how it’s basically turned into the fking lottery. Sure, it hasn’t always been easy per se to grab every pair, but it wasn’t a damn scavenger hunt of “entering fifty 11 raffles” and cross your fingers, to still collect an L 95% of the time. I know I can’t do sht about it, and it is what it is so I’ll deal with it, but it’s wack. I honestly wouldn’t be as irked, and I’m confident to say most will agree with me, if all these pairs that get scooped up were actually worn. IMO it’s not the economy that has changed so much as it’s the mentality that has changed within the sneaker community, combined with Nike/Jordan (and other sneaker companies) contributing To it. Reselling within the sneaker community is glorified now. There has always been reselling, but it was like a couple people did it, it was frowned upon but those couple got almost a pass for it, but the vast majority of us were after personal pairs to wear. I personally can’t think of too many industries where people get props and notoriety for grabbing up inventory of an item or experience, to then force (not actually “force,” which is a contributing factor itself, since people actually buying from sellers enables them to continue doing what they’re doing) people who are into said item/experience to have to pay out the az to participate. I’m old enough to remember Furbys and Tickle-Me-Elmos, and how people that were buying those up and flipping them were perceived. They were viewed as sleazy for snatching up kids toys and “making”parents pay crazy prices to be able to get one for their kids. The perception is just different in the sneaker community in particular. Selling platforms feed into that, buyers actually buying from resellers feed into that, and Nike/Jordan limiting supply also contribute. For me, shoes have never been a get money thing, and I don’t care who else has the same pair I have. I won’t knock the hustle of those that are doing the reselling, I’ll never agree with or like it, but it is what it is, and I’ll adapt accordingly (jump through hoops and sometimes pay resell unfortunately) to be able to partake in a lifelong passion that I’ve had and will continue to have. But I jump through enough hoops dealing with the producers/manufacturers and the stores, so fk giving a co-sign or stamp of approval to a third party (resellers) making me have to do even more for some shoes. I might buy from that route sometimes, as sometimes you gotta pay to play, but I’ll never agree with it ethically.

My main question is whatever happened to the plug? Do people still have plugs? I only ever lined up one time, and that was for the Bred/Taxi countdown pack in 2008. And even then it was as simple as showing up at 6:00AM, parking close, and sitting in your car until the store opened at 9:00AM and running to get your spot in line. Other than that I always had a plug in high school and college. Then all your plugs get "real jobs" and some new kids come into the stores and they plugging their friends.

I don't got the money or time these days to be grooming high school kids, and college age managers at stores. I also can't compete with drug dealers, and trust fund babies in terms of greasing enough palms to make the right connections. Not to mention by the time you gucci, your plug done went to college, or got fired for backdooring :lol:

I understand creating hype and making certain things limited. Yes, it drives brand demand.

But it makes no sense to not have regular Dunks always available. GR’s used to drop in multiple FSR’s. Now, in my state, two shops each get one GR FSR. For a metro region of more than 10 million people. That’s stupid.

Back
Top Bottom