2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I think I used up all my luck
SNKRS finally gave me a dunk W

AD719742-29E0-4A2F-A9B4-9E9D4C13AE4A.jpeg
775F72E8-EF46-452B-9263-6E61797F0504.jpeg
6C4681B8-8E61-4468-A9E2-E7CFC9DB2A3F.jpeg

I don't think so.

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 9.38.30 PM.png

Citing HBR makes me cringe, but it's the first article I could recall on this subject.

But in Nike's case they're not worried about retaining existing customers because those customers will always come back for the next drop. I don't think what you quoted applies to a company as big as Nike.

Lol new customers are generally more expensive - hence why GROWTH stocks are a thing.

In regards to their marketing - the SB line has done a great job of improving share YoY - their profitability isn’t going to fluctuate too much unless there are changes to their SC, more releases, etc etc

I would be interested what the category is doing - I don’t see them having too much competition.

Last edited:
But in Nike's case they're not worried about retaining existing customers because those customers will always come back for the next drop. I don't think what you quoted applies to a company as big as Nike.
I think it 100% applies to Nike and other Fortune 500 companies. Nike has to be concerned with retaining its existing customers because they drive its profitability. If Nike's existing customers stopped buying Nike, it would be a catastrophe for the company. The problem in the examples covered here is that it takes so little for Nike to retain us, in our opinion--and by us, I mean sneakerheads. Like, Nike can spend zero on retaining me in any explicit way and I will keep coming back drop after drop, year after year. But they certainly did spend over the course of my lifetime to create a loyal customer. If I had just seen one Mars Blackmon ad in 1989 or whatever and then never heard from Nike again, maybe I would have got that first pair of Jordan 4s, but it's hard to see how I would have remained a customer.

If you don't think Nike worries about retention, I don't think you're correct. It's just that the type of customer they're focused on retaining is maybe more commonly someone like, say, my wife, with the Nike Run Club or their social justice-oriented ad campaigns or the Nike Training App, which she uses almost daily.
https://clevertap.com/blog/why-retention-determines-category-leader/

Here's another collection of the digital tactics that Nike uses for retention: https://postfunnel.com/brand-prix-adidas-vs-nike-2/ Again, they may not matter to you or me, but when they apply them to millions of more normal customers, the impact is significant.

Last edited:
Swoosh looks off. Fake!

I just thought about the people who are gonna buy replicas of these. Like, there are only 5 pairs out in the wild :lol:

Yeah these are business fundamentals lol

There’s a reason we try to do whatever we can/customer service matters. Customer loyalty is king.

Yep, user acquisition cost should be low, LTV (life time value) should be high.

I suspect Nike knows they can keep the LTV of a customer high though without giving them exclusive access (if it's even this sophisticated). We all complain about never getting access but we still out here giving them money.

They probably don't do it this way, it's probably super random, but the smartest way to do exclusive access would be trying to identify the account that wasn't going to purchase anything in the next few days/weeks/whatever and pushing them over the edge to actually buy.

Just my two cents

Omg it's almost 2021 and y'all STILL get tight at the SNKRs app, thinking there's any actual logic or loyalty involved. Put your entry in, expect the L, and move on. It'll be ok. And y'all STILL don't know Nike's quality is **** every time :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: yes the elephant/road print is abominable but EVERY new release has some ****ed up stupid flaw. Like someone said, they know we're gonna keep coming back so they don't give a ****. I certainly don't care. Worst case scenario if you don't like your dunks you can sell them for at least double and buy something else. My 2020 pickups and flaws so far:

Plum dunks - centimeter long discolored mark on the daybreak suede
Jordan 4 purple metallics - netting started to yellow within 6 months after like 5 wears
Infrared 90s - glue mark on mudgard, weird uneven cut of the leather at the edge of mudguard. Edit: and the backtab has a full centimeter where it's unstitched :lol:
Spiral sage am1 - no standard factory flaws but the ankle collar is a synthetic that will probably peel away after serious wear

Last edited:
Nike can do the elephant print right, but damn the atmos are sloppy. I was lucky enough to get a pair and it has one light section, but overall is ok especially since I am going to skate them. Look how much better,IMO, the elephant print looks on the Jordan 11 ie low that came out a few months ago. View attachment 2692071 View attachment 2692071
424F02A2-3001-4D08-9743-9CEF877077BE.jpeg
DC2D1A19-260E-497C-A9B4-671FB6793080.jpeg
D21BE44D-C2F8-4A6A-BAB1-6AEA3CACC5D6.jpeg
It would not have taken much for the same quality.
CE8CF59E-6BC6-43F2-9CBC-A1F9CF758CFB.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom