2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Is this a new thing with Premier asking for your cc info before entering raffles? I seem to recall in the past you'd enter and if selected you receive a PayPal invoice to pay?

Okay, so I JUST got some interesting news from a shop owner. Be prepared if your local is a SMALL SHOP! Nike has been thinning out smaller shops accounts for a minute now BUT they may be doing EVEN MORE cuts coming soon. Nike is IN LOVE with going DIRECT TO CONSUMER! They’ve made it CRYSTAL CLEAR to some shops that are interested in opening accounts and some shops that already have accounts, that DIRECT TO CONSUMER is the way they’re preferring to go. It’s more money for them AND they are going to do what it takes to cut out the middle man (skate shops). Be on the lookout.

Okay, so I JUST got some interesting news from a shop owner. Be prepared if your local is a SMALL SHOP! Nike has been thinning out smaller shops accounts for a minute now BUT they may be doing EVEN MORE cuts coming soon. Nike is IN LOVE with going DIRECT TO CONSUMER! They’ve made it CRYSTAL CLEAR to some shops that are interested in opening accounts and some shops that already have accounts, that DIRECT TO CONSUMER is the way they’re preferring to go. It’s more money for them AND they are going to do what it takes to cut out the middle man (skate shops). Be on the lookout.

heard the same thing, a good amount of smaller accounts are getting the axe soon

heard the same thing, a good amount of smaller accounts are getting the axe soon
Kind of wild to hear these rumors. When I got into and caught up on Nike SB, I always thought they did the right thing by getting partnered up with and ingrained into skate shops. I really hope they don’t pull back on those accounts/relationships. I think they could balance skate shop inventory and NDC inventory if they really wanted too.

Not surprised to hear this but it's also interesting because if you've watched those Story of Dunk episodes on SNKRS they talk about the distribution and how it was the authentic genuine local shops that they would only do business with. Guess times have changed though :smh:

More like direct to resellers and bots.

or they could increase productions just a little bit more to make up the extra money they would've made if they actually did cut out the small businesses. Not asking nike to mass production because obviously hype keeps the money train rolling, but a few extra hundred pairs would be nice lol

unless you have a connection with a local shop, this doesn't seem to impact consumers terribly. You're going to strike out directly with Nike instead of a skate shop.

unless you have a connection with a local shop, this doesn't seem to impact consumers terribly. You're going to strike out directly with Nike instead of a skate shop.

think about it conversely though...how many shops won’t sell a tee or hat or skate deck to someone that wouldn’t have bought it if they weren’t in the store trying to buy dunks...now multiply that by however many extra items they’d sell per release, then multiply that by the amount of releases per month, per year, etc...the impact is significant imo

So much for supporting your local. Nike is wrong for that

if you’ve been buying from strangelove site this year, check your email.

think about it conversely though...how many shops won’t sell a tee or hat or skate deck to someone that wouldn’t have bought it if they weren’t in the store trying to buy dunks...now multiply that by however many extra items they’d sell per release, then multiply that by the amount of releases per month, per year, etc...the impact is significant imo

EXACTLY! Many people don’t understand how BIG of an impact this is for shops financially. This is why when some shops started acting bougie and dumping on their LOYAL customers because of the SB hype, I was constantly speaking against it. When the hype started I LITERALLY told a shop owner, “Don’t switch up and take a crap on your loyal fam because Travis told these dudes to come here now. There will be a time when this “wave” will be over and you’ll NEED THEM.” I’m SO glad the person took my advice early, because I didn’t think they would.

Just in and swapped to sb black laces. Kind of digging them. White in vaneers and plums. Blacks in ceramics.

20201202_195251.jpg

that’s what big businesses do. they use small business to get into the niche they want to get into. they use their credibility to get established. once the small business is no longer needed they’re sent packing.

John00 John00 you're absolutely right, any shop that **** on their loyals was asking for trouble. they should have had the foresight to see that this was a trend and it would come to an end one way or another. not that they deserve what’s coming. i’d never wish for a small business to go under, they just set themselves up for failure

Adidas skateboarding just cut out a bunch of skateshops in a similar way. Not a good look.

but I really don’t think skate shops are selling THAT much more in the form of skate hardgoods, skate branded apparel, etc because pre-covid when I’ve been in my local to buy a deck, talk shop about a new skate clip or new skate product.. it’s been a steady roll of non-skaters entering raffles, buying nothing. That’s their only intention and the shop knows that. You saying pulling all SB blazers and bruins and team classics too?

I hate to see Nike start pulling stuff from skateshops. Growing up, the skateshops near me used to sell SBs, now there’s only one shop in all of Utah that sells SBs, in Logan 1.5 hours away from Salt Lake, and they don’t get very many releases.

I’m glad Nike is going to put more stock online so I personally have a chance to cop, but it shouldn’t be at the expense of shops.

or they could increase productions just a little bit more to make up the extra money they would've made if they actually did cut out the small businesses. Not asking nike to mass production because obviously hype keeps the money train rolling, but a few extra hundred pairs would be nice lol

Those few extra hundred pairs gonna end up in the same hands :angry:

Stitching is pretty wonky on many of the ugly ducklings I've seen. All three were made in Vietnam with the same materials in the same build. Viotechs were made in China with sandpaper suede. I'll take some shoddy midsole stitching in exchange for the plush materials and better comfort (IMO).

My kentuckys have misaligned stitching as well. Good thing is that stockx picture also has that misaligned stitches. QC man, nowadays is whack.

Back
Top Bottom