2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Yeah thats not bad.. i was on ebay a couple weeks back and saw them right around 220 but you could most defintely get him to down on price....mine were vnds and i paid 100 i just got luck with a right place right time kinda deal and had b20 on the thread legit check (godbless you for that sir) and met some dude at around 1am at a 711 
laugh.gif
Man, you are a ballsy dude (pause) to go for the "1am 7:11" Deal. lol. That's awesome though. Even considering the fact I carry on me whenever going to meets, I don't think I would've gone for that move, just because I try to avoid putting myself in non-ideal situations (contrary to what some people think, most gun owners would prefer it if they NEVER had to pull out their weapons). Thankfully, I've never been in a bad situation when doing deals on Craigslist, but I think that has a lot to do with always doing meets at a Starbucks or similar type place, always indoors, and always during the day time. But I'm not naive enough to think that I can't get got in even those conditions. It's a crazy world out there! But still, great grab. Craigslist is a gold mine for great deals, as long as you know what you're looking at. At least with Js. I've yet to see any good SB listings in my size, but I'm sure one will pop up, one day...

I never thought about asking the guy to go down on the price. I wonder if he'd consider it (it wasn't an ebay listing, but a webstore). If I decide to go for 'em, I'll definitely ask. If I grab these UNKLEs for $350 (I'm thinking I might be able to get dude to go down to $330), I'll be tapped on copping ANYTHING for a hot minute (or until I move a substantial amount of kicks). The other thing is I don't want to tie my money up with these ***** releases... Dude with the UNKLEs said someone is supposedly buying them on Friday, but I'm hoping that's just a scare tactic, because if I can't sell some stuff before then, I'll probably have to wait til next week to try copping 'em. Problems, problems...

Last edited:
Man, you are a ballsy dude (pause) to go for the "1am 7:11" Deal. lol. That's awesome though. Even considering the fact I carry on me whenever going to meets, I don't think I would've gone for that move, just because I try to avoid putting myself in non-ideal situations (contrary to what some people think, most gun owners would prefer it if they NEVER had to pull out their weapons). Thankfully, I've never been in a bad situation when doing deals on Craigslist, but I think that has a lot to do with always doing meets at a Starbucks or similar type place, always indoors, and always during the day time. But I'm not naive enough to think that I can't get got in even those conditions. It's a crazy world out there! But still, great grab. Craigslist is a gold mine for great deals, as long as you know what you're looking at. At least with Js. I've yet to see any good SB listings in my size, but I'm sure one will pop up, one day...
Haha i understand what your saying but we met in the boardline of the suburbs so i wasnt too nervous... i see what your saying about "non-ideal" situations i noticed all of my most interesting nights are based off my worst decisions... maybe ill share what happened to me when i entered a ****** tossing competition at the local strip club... might share the story with my next pick up/when all of the concord dunk lurkers are gone. 

But you can mos-def find a deal on the bucks especially since sb hype is relatively low (exception of the concords) 

Hey, to the SB ppl, there are a pair of "baby bears" on craigslist in STL going for $200. Steal i believe.

Paris Dunk SB. I will retire from this sneaker thing. Done. Finito. I am willing to drop that kind of money too. I had a chance two years ago and I SHOULD have pulled the trigger.

Nice choice. I would have to pick the Chocolates from the orange box series. 10 years of searching and the hunt still continues. :smh::rolleyes:x

Loving the variety my question brought to the thread, since I got back into SBs (really not to long ago) I really haven't had any of my Js in rotation and it's a great thing. On another note saw someone on twitter selling "VNDS Concord SBs" today.

Another question: Why would it be that shoe?

For me the Papa Bear High is just such a dope sneaker, from the cw to the fact that the material actually resembles fur. It also released right around my first teenage years so I was just getting into kicks heavy, really spoke to me that a shoe could be that dope.

one day....

Side note:
Bucks today 
NICE. Starting to really like that shoe (I've been feeling the color green a lot more lately, for some reason. Particularly brighter greens like that - not forest or any other drab, dark greens). There's a DS size 10.5 available on Sneakerfixation.com for $250 before shipping, but I'm hoping I'll be able to find a pair in the $200 - $220 range... What do you think about $265 shipped? 
One SB? Damn, lol. Unkles would probably be it.

Yeah, the one thing I try not to do is let my words speak louder than my actions. For people who are unwilling to help themselves and expect to be spoonfed, you best believe I have no issue taxing them. I've had my reasons in the past/present for flipping shoes, and I won't BS and say that I won't do the same in the future depending on the circumstance. For people I'm cool with though, I have no problem going out of my way. You only get so far in this hobby if you're blindly selfless or ridiculously selfish.
First off, excellent choice in shoe (see below). Second, I think you meant to say "Life" instead of "this hobby". That's something I still struggle with; the balance between looking out  and letting my self-preservation kick in. I try, always, to live by the golden rule (see sig), but I'm starting to recognize a lot sooner when someone doesn't live by the same code. After helping people out countless times and having them flake when I needed their help, I now realize most people aren't on the same wavelength as me. I'm not saying I'm the Korean Jesus, or I'm perfect and totally unselfish, not by any stretch. But there's some people who live by that code, and I try to be one of those people. There aren't many of us out there (human beings are inherently selfish. in my opinion; it's that self-preservation thing that's ingrained in all of us), but that makes finding them that much better. I don't really have friends anymore; it's either family or acquaintances. But if I treat someone like family (whether it's throwing them pairs for what I paid, loaning them money, riding out on someone with them - thankfully that hasn't happened in a while - or anything else) and they don't show that love back ONCE (or twice, depending on how small the first mistake was), they'll never be familiar again. I'm too old for "friends". Straight up.
If you guys could have ONE SB what would it be?

Mine is Papa Bear Highs, forever on the search. 
tired.gif
UNKLE Dunks. Been looking at a NDS pair on eBay for the past 2 or 3 days straight, driving myself crazy (I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger). I never heard UNKLE's first project, but the Psyence Fiction album was awesome (that was around the beginning of my Radiohead-immersion years, which lasted until Kid A). So those shoes bring back memories for me. Oh yeah, and they're DOPE A F. 
Very true.  I rarely go out of my way like I used to in order to help people.  When it's warranted, I will.  I'd sooner stay to myself and put my own work in in order to obtain stuff.  It irritates me when I do have to ask for favors because honestly it makes me feel like either I failed or like less of a man.  Pride is a MFer.

As for the Bucks, been eyeing a pair as well.  I probably could've landed a great deal by now, but my OCD forces me to only buy DS stuff. 
laugh.gif

if I am trading Unkles and Tiffs... vvnds... what type of value should I be getting in return to make it fair?
nerd.gif
Honestly fam, it's highly unlikely that you'll get an even trade for those.  I'd just flip em or trade them separately unless you know someone with a deep collection.

you know a post is long when you have to swipe your finger 7x on your phone just to get past it lol

Last edited:
If you guys could have ONE SB what would it be?

Mine is Papa Bear Highs, forever on the search. 
tired.gif
UNKLE Dunks. Been looking at a NDS pair on eBay for the past 2 or 3 days straight, driving myself crazy (I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger). I never heard UNKLE's first project, but the Psyence Fiction album was awesome (that was around the beginning of my Radiohead-immersion years, which lasted until Kid A). So those shoes bring back memories for me. Oh yeah, and they're DOPE A F. 
I'm a huge UNKLE, James Lavelle, and DJ Shadow fan. (Shadow fell off recently, though.) These are my grail of grails. Still on the hunt.

Back
Top Bottom