2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I don't think that skate shops necessarily want to have hyped releases year round. They're acting like A holes right now because their normally routine world is being disrupted by an influx of temporary customers that doesn't give a damn about skating. I know at my local during normal work hours the guys that run the shop tend to lock it up for extended portions of the day so they can go out into the street and skateboard, they'll go back to the store when a customer shows up, but running the skate shop was more about having access to what they needed to keep their boards rolling smoothly and not about having hundreds of kids lined up over night.
Very true! Honestly, we don't have to worry about shop owner's being an a**hole because we have Humidity and Philly is cool as hell!!! He sets the bar for any shop owner's hospitality for me. Get you a free donut on Sunday, always friendly/helpful in every aspect, always excited to see you, and he's a beast on the board and skates ALL his SB's! 

And here in tampa it's usually the opposite..

No one ever camps 12+ hours, let alone 55+..

How bad is spot? Im not showing up until after i strike out everywhere online lol but if theres not 100+ people by then I might still be able to get something for a size swap.

^ I believe he posted that people are already lined up

Last edited by a moderator:
Man if dudes camp out in sub zero weather friday night in chicago
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
the usual suspects will be at these places at close, no question

Very true! Honestly, we don't have to worry about shop owner's being an a**hole because we have Humidity and Philly is cool as hell!!! He sets the bar for any shop owner's hospitality for me. Get you a free donut on Sunday, always friendly/helpful in every aspect, always excited to see you, and he's a beast on the board and skates ALL his SB's! 

He's cool as hell because most people that shop at humidity are at least on the periphery of skate culture, I'm sure if he started getting call after call and people coming in and asking about those TIFFANY DUNKS YO, he wouldn't be as accommodating and willing to shoot the breeze. I will say that I love that skate culture in New Orleans seems to have really absorbed a lot of the local flavor, when I was younger it seemed like only white kids skated and you'd run into a certain amount of racism since the only parks were way out in the sticks. Now I love when I get stuck working at the office late because there's almost always going to be a kid or two grinding the steps at my building downtown.

do you how much hes gonna charge?
and how does this camping work?
do i need to be there all night?
thanks

If you haven't camped before now isn't the time to start. 30 degree weather with rains and winds.if you wanted to cop from here you should have been here since yesterday.

From what I read the last few pages it's a requirement to like skateboards in order to cop sbs? I hate it and think it's stupid but still **** with nike sbs

From what I read the last few pages it's a requirement to like skateboards in order to cop sbs? I hate it and think it's stupid but still **** with nike sbs
I don't hate it but I don't skate at all. no interest.  But just cuz kids can't hoop doesn't mean they aren't allowed to buy Jordans.  I agree tho its dumb that some people think this way and get mad

I don't hate it but I don't skate at all. no interest.  But just cuz kids can't hoop doesn't mean they aren't allowed to buy Jordans.  I agree tho its dumb that some people think this way and get mad
yeah hate was too strong but I definitely dislike it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom