2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

.... what difference does it make though? I mean if you don't like 'em, don't sweat it.

On top of that a few people have mentioned they want the shoe because of a connection to the restaurant etc., not necessarily cuz of the design.
you are right, but i just don't understand how peoples perception of things change so easy with something as simple as a name being attached to it.

For me the name means nothing. Still havent looked into the inspiration. For me its all abou the fuzzy suede. Never saw birches in person so if they are exactly the same then I know what next weeks purchase is gonna be.

The thing i don't get is that if these were called The “Chairman Bao” and had some design on the insole and the official Bao's had no name attached to them everyone would be going nuts for these instead. Yes i know some of you really like the Baos, but half just like them because they have a name attached to them. To me the Baos weren't creative at all.  All grey with a blue sole. How come everyone didn't go crazy for the Birchs which were more creative in my opinion, oh because there wasn't a name attached to them.  Ok done venting.

There's a sizable segment of people that got really excited about the Baos because they're foodies. I'm one of those people, I thought it was a cool shoe on first picture, but it became something I had to get when I found out about the inspiration for it.

I also like those and hope that they hang around for a while, because I'd love to get them on discount.

For me the name means nothing. Still havent looked into the inspiration. For me its all abou the fuzzy suede. Never saw birches in person so if they are exactly the same then I know what next weeks purchase is gonna be.
Birchs are hard to come by. Took me forever to find a second pair after i ruined the first pair with jean dye(and i wear a 12). They are one of my favorite Dunks and that's why i want the Baos.

The whole "abao" this and that corny joke was barely funny the first few times it was done. Could we just give it a rest?... I know you guys are all fired up for these but that ish has been beat like a dead horse.
thank god someone said it

LOL at that link. It DOES work and it took me to a UK shop. Only had UK 36 to 38.5

Yes, I got blocked here at work because of that.... :rofl:

you are right, but i just don't understand how peoples perception of things change so easy with something as simple as a name being attached to it.

This is nothing new though, that's how most brands are in general... you think people would buy Supreme stuff if it didn't have a stupid Supreme label on it? Majority of what they sell is weak.

Even with luxury designers, they come out with some ugly stuff but people will still buy because of a 'name'. I think everyone is guilty at the end of the day. If the Tiffanys were an Adidas or Fila shoe, would there still be hype on it? likely not..

Those 4th of July dunks are looking nice :smokin will deff cop on RD and the blacksheep collab has me interested

There's a sizable segment of people that got really excited about the Baos because they're foodies. I'm one of those people, I thought it was a cool shoe on first picture, but it became something I had to get when I found out about the inspiration for it.
I also like those and hope that they hang around for a while, because I'd love to get them on discount.
What's the inspiration behind the Baohaus dunks?  That's what I honestly thought was weak, cuase it felt uninspired and that it's just a nice looking dunk Eddie Huang put his name on.  If someone told me that these dunks were actually beach themed and not food-themed I'd believe it.

What's the inspiration behind the Baohaus dunks?  That's what I honestly thought was weak, cuase it felt uninspired and that it's just a nice looking dunk Eddie Huang put his name on.  If someone told me that these dunks were actually beach themed and not food-themed I'd believe it.

It's riffing off of his restaurant, the polar blue represents the sign outside of the building, its almost a perfect match for the neon lit up, the grey suede looks like the buns he serves with the insoles matching the look of the pork belly chairman Bao bun's filling. The grey could be a bit more natural looking though, then it'd really match the buns.

Back
Top Bottom