2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

It went from being a simple well put together dunk to a work of beauty for me. I'm a sucker for the nylon tongue, and it's why I chase the non SB pre 2002 stuff I can get my hands on.

I'm all over the 4th of July dunks when they drop. And what is up with the Quartersnacks?! They just seemed to disappear.

Last edited:
If I saw one for 240 shipped I'd grab it best I saw was 260 and they were about 7.5/10, that was an awesome pack in my opinion though, the black pair were dope as hell too
My first pair came in the pack and it was 9/10 maybe. Second pair was on its own and it was 8/10 for sure. I bought them as beaters and I wore them everywhere. Still sold them for what I paid so on my pairs of Raging bulls minus fees I've broken even and got to wear the red suede's more than 30 times. I can't get as down on the 3m 5's. I was just never a big fan of 3m. Unless you're on the court and people are snapping photos (or running at night) 3m is just about useless. To me, they're an all black shoe. It's like glow in the dark. Cool concept, but with normal wear it is just not noticeable.

I may have to get past the stars.....I've been liking that black on black and that gum bottom but man, those stars!!! Stop with the pics before I jump off the fence lol

It went from being a simple well put together dunk to a work of beauty for me. I'm a sucker for the nylon tongue, and it's why I chase the non SB pre 2002 stuff I can get my hands on.
For me, the Nylon tongue was actually THE defining factor for me liking the SOMP's. I was one of those people, and I'm not ashamed to admit it, who was saying "what's the big deal about these?" Once better pictures surfaced, and I saw that Nylon it was game over and I got 2 pairs.

I may have to get past the stars.....I've been liking that black on black and that gum bottom but man, those stars!!! Stop with the pics before I jump off the fence lol
Exact same here! I'm a sucker for black on black. don't get me started on black midsoles lol then they have gum outsole. Probably was a mistake for me to requests on foot pics of them.
tongue.gif

It's not like I'm saying all releases have to be wild and crazy. Personally, I'm all for darker(gray/black) colorways but it'd be nice to see a memorable dunk with some staying power. Like the way people go " Are those the [*insert Jedis/De La Souls/Unkles*]?!?! I remember when those dropped, ahh... what a great shoe.", I feel like we need something once a year with a just a little extra "OOMPH".

Who knows. We might just get it sometime this year.

That’s the thing, I think we are getting those types of releases but we aren’t really appreciating them as much because it recently dropped and we’re copping other things on the horizon. I think when people look back at the YOTH and S.O.M.P (especially the S.O.M.P) they will say those exact things. I agree with Mints as well, I think that it should be an organic kind of thing. I remember when the Mint Dunk Low was EVERYWHERE on max sale and people passed, now you almost can’t find them anywhere and some of the same people that passed are regretting it.
My homie from Harlem wanted to buy a pair of Mints last year after the Concord release and I tried to help him find his pair but to my surprise, they were all gone. I remembered seeing them on shelves for MONTHS too, and even on sale, like you said. I just could not find them, and I was shocked. It was like the Birch's. Sat for months, no one bought them, now try to find a pair and you can't get for retail anywhere.

I know there's a rule about ebay live links... But how about screen shots? Either way I doubt anybody of is will " jump " on this "deal"....

Come on man SMH... $125 to over $300....

Edit:
Sorry if been posted hard to keep up with this thread ...

Last edited:
4th of july will deff be picked up. just need to track down these MIAs lol. I would be content with copping black rains but I can't justify paying over box.

Hacky sacks, pass. J-pack highs, pass. J-pack lows, pass. 4th of July's = COPPED.
I got my Hacky Sack lows in today and I'm really not impressed. First of all, both toe boxes have the exact same print. I mean to the pixel (haha cuz these are printed). That's annoying cuz I wanted them to be different. But my next beef is the print itself looks really out of focus or something, like they used a deskjet printer to make my shoes. I might end up selling because they do not look nearly as good in hand (at least my pair) as they did in photos. Onto the JPack highs, I copped today from Rukus. I'll give a more thorough review on those when I get them in hand. I like the look so far.

im still on the hunt for the first pusheads. saw them at a consignment ship for 150 but called to hear theyre sold out. I see them for close to 3 on ebay but thats a heck no. shame on me for being broke back then.

I know there's a rule about ebay live links... But how about screen shots? Either way I doubt anybody of is will " jump " on this "deal"....

Edit:

I'm not even going to lie, I am a hater when I see stuff like that. Can't even wait until they get their pair in to take pictures.

edit: AND NO FREE SHIPPING?!

Last edited:

My homie from Harlem wanted to buy a pair of Mints last year after the Concord release and I tried to help him find his pair but to my surprise, they were all gone. I remembered seeing them on shelves for MONTHS too, and even on sale, like you said. I just could not find them, and I was shocked. It was like the Birch's. Sat for months, no one bought them, now try to find a pair and you can't get for retail anywhere.
Yep I copped Birchs on sale for like $80 shipped on ccs almost a year after they released. I started watching youtube review vids of em and went ahead and copped. Was surprised when I got em in hand that they were still sitting around.

Onto the JPack highs, I copped today from Rukus. I'll give a more thorough review on those when I get them in hand. I like the look so far.
Looking forward to this. I'm really liking the look of them will def hit up my local once they drop.

Indeed. That's when waiting for GRs to hit that good 'ole sale was the name of the game for most people. I got Mints Lows for $40.00 and I was able to cop the Birches at 59.99. Had been eyeing them for some time and waited until they dropped in price and then I scooped 'em.

For me, the Nylon tongue was actually THE defining factor for me liking the SOMP's. I was one of those people, and I'm not ashamed to admit it, who was saying "what's the big deal about these?" Once better pictures surfaced, and I saw that Nylon it was game over and I got 2 pairs.

Ditto. If you look back I went from pfff, to ok maybe, grabbed a pair for trades, and then I saw all the pics on feet and felt the suede.... them biznits are staying on my shelf.. ha

Edit:

ARE YOU KIDDING?!? What a swell deal!!! I feel that buying a dunk 3x it's retail value at least a month before it drops is a completely sensible decision. In fact, you're the fool for not realizing the genius that is this honest seller....lol

Obviously I'm playing lol. People like this always get at least one impatient sucker to buy from them. A truly sad thing.

Last edited:
You just keep posting pics of the royals and captain americas gonna make me break the bank when im trying to save lol

Back
Top Bottom