2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

As I relace my Calis I just realized that they come laced over the hole instead of straight through it. Is this an SB thing? As I look around my room the rest of my shoes are laced through the hole then over the outside to go back across the tongue. Why did I even notice this? Reference my previous post.

As I relace my Calis I just realized that they come laced over the hole instead of straight through it. Is this an SB thing? As I look around my room the rest of my shoes are laced through the hole then over the outside to go back across the tongue. Why did I even notice this? Reference my previous post.
(Newer) SBs go over the outside of the eyelets rather than straight through.

Nah for real though. I'm a drug loving musician who falls in and out of love with sneakers every few years. I'm all about the universe, positive energy, and peace. I have a job that goes against my morals where I basically give Comcast customers the run around for a living. I hope none of you have Comcast. Horrible company. Run!

My GF works for Comcast, definitely a horrible company. I believe they were rated the worst in America. We do get 'free' cable and internet, so that's cool.

Father of 1.
Husband of 1.
Size 8.5 (thought i was a size 10 in my late teens / early 20's - don't judge, some of you did it too)

Been into shoes since the Playoff Jordan XI (refuse to call them BRED). Bought a size 11 so my brother could rock them too (we had to save to get shoes like that). I remember my mom telling me, "if you're going to buy shoes like that you're getting a job." I became.. a dishwasher.. i have respected every job since.. i have said it before, but i remember a co-worker at Nike complaining about having to fold shirts and it just struck me as strange.. would they rather be cleaning up after dirty, nasty customers? I was happier than **** to fold some shirts.

Worked at two Nike Outlets over the course of 5 years (during and after college). Stopped buying shoes after that (couldn't justify retail after getting shoes for next to nothing as an employee)... and yes one of those stores got the B-Grade Paris Dunks on my day off.

Got a big boy job a few years later and will celebrate 10 years with that same company next April.

Got back into the shoe game when my son was born..

...and this November we're moving in with my inlaws so we can afford for my wife to start her nursing school journey. Bay Area is way too expensive to accomplish this on our own. We're very fortunate to have this opportunity and a family that supports our decisions.

I love the diversity in this thread..

..and for those of you just finishing school or starting school.. remember, it's NEVER too late to change things up and take a different path in life.

#NTDiary

Last edited:
23 year old stoner in nyc... Currently doing labor work and other things as I can tryna find something good for a career hoping to become a janitor at a college my mom works at so I can have a better job with all the extra goodies so I can start saving for a house... Also if I get the job there I can take some more classes in the school for cheap so that's awesome hopefully I can move out into my own apt soon cause I'm tired of living with my bro

So no one wants to share something about themself?

Forget y'all too then. LOL.

I'm Robert. 30, father of 1. Los Angeles born and raised. Size 12. Retail manager.

Been into sneakers since 1996, sold everything 3 years ago but a few favorites to pay for my baby girls birth and court bills. Started having extra money for SBs and Jordan's again 2 years ago.

I love SB highs, jordan 1s and 3s.

Ever need LA lobs hit me up. I hit commerce and Camarillo outlets too much.

37, married with 2 kids. Lifelong Giants/Niners fan. My favorite holiday is April 20th. Worked at Foot Locker/Footaction for 4 years during my teenage years which is where I developed my shoe addic... I mean hobby. Currently employed as an Engineer for a top Biotech located in the Bay Area for the past 14 years. I don't post on NT regularly, but when I do it's usually in this thread. Mos Def best thread on NT.

26, nyc born and bred including college. work in financial services (sales). Sneaker addiction started back in the silver box era when one of my sneakerhead friends introduced me to flight club (back in the day it was on greene street near NYU). Since then I thought sneakers were cool and creative and a subtle way to be a little unique. Had most of the nice pink and silver boxes back in college and sold it all off when i started work. truly regret that but now i'm starting back up again with most of the recent stuff and i'm actually more into Jordan 1s but really only the OG colorways.

Long time lurker, first time poster.  39 year old sports writer, husband, father of two.  Been here for a few years but never signed up to post before today.

Lifelong sneakerhead, fan of dunks.  Because of the demographic that I cover, sneakers bridge the age gap.  They've become my calling card but SBs would be my love regardless of my profession.   

Waterproof suede is dope

I'm 12
I go to private school
me and the bae been together since last tuesday
me and moms push a benz
i hit the mall on weekends to cop heat
I think my favorite dunks are those new yeezys
I used my parents money to buy bred octobers
I hate school, but love swag
#ropelacesarelife

Lmao! That past had me dying.
19 years old, stayed buying a lot of shoes tho year. Work at a Little Caesars while going to a community college trying to decided what I want to do with the rest of my life. I really like SB dunk lows, Jordan 3s are my fav J. I think NT is awesome, told me friend about it and said I have no life lol

Wow -- all the sharing in here.

Yet another size 13 guy.

I'm 34.  No kids but in a long term relationship with my lady.  I'm self-employed and work from home mostly doing security and investigations for a gaming site.

Been buying sneakers since my mid-20's after I got enough disposable income.  Been really slowing down my purchases in the past 2-3 years (been running out of space and lacking occasions to rock sneakers).

Long time lurker on NT.  Since I moved cross-country (originally from Vancouver), been more active on NT lately to get my 'sneaker talk' fix.  Subscribe the Toronto thread, New Balance thread and the SB thread -- great information, discussions and killer GIF usage in this thread.  I buy and rock a bit of everything.

Not a huge surprise to see so many 'older' folks posting here -- discussion is lot more mature than your typical 'sneakerhead' forum.

Last edited:
26, Wisconsinite. Grew up in Milwaukee but born in Michigan.

I lived a bunch of places during my time on NT (NC, OH, Nigeria, and now back to Milwaukee)

Been collecting kicks since 9th grade. My love for sneakers goes in and out but my collection is about 50% NikeSB now. I've owned literally hundreds of kicks at one time but I'm down to 80 now and I'm happy. Hoping to get down to 50 one day.

Nah for real though. I'm a drug loving musician who falls in and out of love with sneakers every few years. I'm all about the universe, positive energy, and peace. I have a job that goes against my morals where I basically give Comcast customers the run around for a living. I hope none of you have Comcast. Horrible company. Run!

I worked for Comcast for a while they allowed me to finish school and although I'm not a fan of the company's products I do appreciate what they did for me

Grab that stock on discount man I always kick myself for not getting that guaranteed %15 return

26, Wisconsinite. Grew up in Milwaukee but born in Michigan.

I lived a bunch of places during my time on NT (NC, OH, Nigeria, and now back to Milwaukee)

Been collecting kicks since 9th grade. My love for sneakers goes in and out but my collection is about 50% NikeSB now. I've owned literally hundreds of kicks at one time but I'm down to 80 now and I'm happy. Hoping to get down to 50 one day.

Are you that Nigerian Prince that keeps emailing me about 50 grand

I'm Jeremy (30) live in the bay originally from GA I'm an engineer for an oil company, kinda weird, but it's what I've wanted to do since I was a kid. Been buying myself shoes since 01 dumped most in 07-08 to buy my house... went from homeless to homeowner in 12 years so young folks anything truely is possible. I have horrible grammar but I speak numbers pretty well

And I've been with my wife for almost 15 years

Pre retool 11.5 post retool size 12

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom