2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Man camping was never cool... Actually sucked a little... Me n the fellas wood camp out and get trashed while waiting cop shoes go home n pass out.... The simpler times

It's all to hard to attribute to one release. General sneaker hype? Too many releases, and too many have stories. Like diamonds have hype but don't have pigeon level story behind em (  )

not really, it was the 1st readily obtainable release that had mass hype

Pigeons were limited as all hell

i could be completely making this up or dreamt it but...

was there ever a time or a shoe where they threw randomly over telephone wires in NYC?

i think it had something to do with Orchard Street.

like a release im not talking about people just throwing their kicks over phone lines.

Last edited:
The Espo AF2 /NERD Dunk/ Halle berry rift release event changed the game too, made camping for hours "cool".

the first time i camped overnight and didnt even get my size... i was salty to say the least...i told myself never again will i camp... but ya the thirst was real for those shoes and i think that was just the beginning... so to everyone saying its worse now believe me it was bad back then too now its just OD with the sellout online and the raffles

was there ever a time or a shoe where they threw randomly over telephone wires in NYC?

like a release im not talking about people just throwing their kicks over phone lines.
what exactly is ur question?

what exactly is ur question?
laugh.gif
 my bad.

im asking does anyone remember something like that?

and what was the shoe they did it for. 

i know it was a dunk sb

the first time i camped overnight and didnt even get my size... i was salty to say the least...i told myself never again will i camp... but ya the thirst was real for those shoes and i think that was just the beginning... so to everyone saying its worse now believe me it was bad back then too now its just OD with the sellout online and the raffles

this was the ONLY time I ever camped out because I wanted the Pharrell Dunks, I went to NYC from Philly and froze my *** off. I remember how salty people were who only got to buy those Rifts :lol:

Looking back I wish I just said F it and didn't bother camping

Skunks were not slept on dude lol
there was a joke in there somewhere 
pimp.gif

I think you found the trap, b

Yes actually, I would give the full story but I think there's a simple/Dunk thread on here where a guy recreated both shoes, so there's more information in there.

Edit. Found it here amarano amarano

http://niketalk.com/t/24562/officia...-exclusives-co-jp-pre-premium-no-garbage/1170

Words said by @jwdanklefs

^ Orchard St is a store in NYC. For a very well planned marketing scheme, they actually bought 30 (approx.) pairs of st. johns dunks and 40 (approx.) pairs of Brazil dunks. The first pair was released in the summer of 03, the st. johns dunks were customized into the red, yellow and black pairs with the black "OS" in Old English on this side. The Brazil dunks were customized into the orange, green and black pairs with the cut out in the wing and the tongue cut out and re sewn in reversed. All pairs were labeled and hand numbered from the inside with a Sharpie marker.

They made wanted posters for them, creating a hype, not only for the limited shoes but for the store, and posted them u all over the city. Some pairs went to NYC royalty, like Nas and JayZ, some went to ALIFE and vintagekicks.com, and the others were slung over lamp posts and phone lines and trees. If you were lucky enough to get a pair, you could then go back to the store and get your Tshirt, sticker, poster and box. Nike, to my knowledge, actually had nothing to do with the project. The thing about these shoes is that some went to celebrities and some were picked up by sneakerheads that know the value, and some, probably more than we know, were actually found by random pedestrians that didn't know jack about sneaker culture. Those are the ones that probably got beat up, destroyed, and thrown away, making these even rarer. There are pictures of Nas wearing them, Jude Law walking his dog with them and they were even spotted in a Jay Z video. I know Tommy Rebel aka BrooklynBasements from Just For Kicks has a pair, adobo has a pair, I believe retrosneakerz23 has a pair, Greg Street has a few pairs.

Last edited:

So... I'm curious. Can anyone name SB dunks that were slept on for a whole year and then all of a sudden became a must-cop?
What box era? I'm sure you'll get a bunch of different options on "must-cop" though.
THIS! Repped Rillo.

The more recent ones that I remember are, the Angels and Demons Low, the Poison Ivy Low and my favorite the Mint Low. Those all sat for a while and some even hit outlets, then all of a sudden boom, everyone was trying to cop them.

One the more recent ones

laugh.gif
 my bad.

im asking does anyone remember something like that?

and what was the shoe they did it for. 

i know it was a dunk sb
I found some info on them...I think they were called Orchard St Customs.
[table][tr][td]
Inspired by the colorful Manhattan Street that covers eight city blocks and designed by the street apparel company Orchard Street, these 40 customized pairs of Nike Dunk Hi shoes were released for free. Instead of putting them on store shelves, the people at Orchard St. tied each pair together by the laces and went around Manhattan tossing them over lampposts. Obtaining a pair of these rare Dunks meant seeking them out and climbing the posts to get them. The shoes were made of red and yellow leather uppers with black a Nike Swoosh, black laces, and a white midsole.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited:

I found some info on them...I think they were called Orchard St Customs.
[table][tr][td]
Inspired by the colorful Manhattan Street that covers eight city blocks and designed by the street apparel company Orchard Street, these 40 customized pairs of Nike Dunk Hi shoes were released for free. Instead of putting them on store shelves, the people at Orchard St. tied each pair together by the laces and went around Manhattan tossing them over lampposts. Obtaining a pair of these rare Dunks meant seeking them out and climbing the posts to get them. The shoes were made of red and yellow leather uppers with black a Nike Swoosh, black laces, and a white midsole.
[/td][/tr][/table]
http://niketalk.com/t/23227/nike-dunk-orchard-st-update-pics ?

Maybe it's me, but I don't like the term "ruined" the sneaker culture.

Maybe the Tiffs, Yeezys, and other sneakers have overpopulated the culture and maybe even caused Nike and other companies to over-saturate the culture but I don't think it's ruined at all. There's still cool people, cool concepts, cool stories, and great friendships built through it. 

Anyway, to add on to that topic... My vote would go for the Concords.

This was fairly recent I think. I can't remember what tho

EDIT: Someone did this recent'y with Yeezy 2s but I think it was a celebrity who got pairs and did it

Last edited:
SPoT is restocking De La lows this week.

Showing that these really weren't too limited (think we knew that already) and shouldn't be fetching really much resale value. Those finding it impossible to cop or paying $50+ over retail and you have access to this thread, it's time to wake up lol

Last edited:
Nah but hespecifically said ruined sneaker culture.

I guess I say yeezys is because he said ruined, not made popular. 

Cause it did. Everything after tiffs caused campouts. Yeezys just made prices of Yeezys go up. Tiffs set in motion multi day camps cause Nike started rolling out their marketing towards hype.

Maybe I'm alone in my thoughts but shoes use to be coo. The small lines were cool and you could make friends but the days of old only exist in this thread because of rap and John but other shoes is "what can you do for me type artitudes"

Last edited:
anyones De La order from CCS move yet?

got shipping email yesterday.

but as of right now the package hasnt moved.

slow shipping times for my past 2 cops. BTTF purchased last Wed, wont have til this Wed.

and it looks like ill be lucky to get De Las before this weekend.

Cause it did. Everything after tiffs caused campouts. Yeezys just made prices of Yeezys go up. Tiffs set in motion multi day camps cause Nike started rolling out their marketing towards hype.

Maybe I'm alone in my thoughts but shoes use to be coo. The small lines were cool and you could make friends but the days of old only exist in this thread because of rap and John but other shoes is "what can you do for me type artitudes"
But camping is over, I think bots and releases that literally only happen in 2 stores in the country trump camping. 

Whats funny about nike marketing hype, is that its only marketed to people who were already hype.

Jenny's new yoga pants are sitting in the nike store and floating their profits up, while you have Mike and John at nike lab and online with bots trying to buy full size run fragment releases. 

It keeps buzz on them social media wise while the people who are using their things for actual sports are just going in and out no problem.

I wonder what skaters perspective was on some cool 75 dollar sneakers to skate in becoming a 400 dollar reslod shoe.

SB's direction from jump seems like it was a really confused marketing situation to begin with.

But I definitely agree, it has become what can you do for me, mainly because for some people its not shoes or the stories, its a paycheck.

I know we all have had a busy weekend. But I also know some of want FT's for below retail... Makes me wonder if this seller would take 70 shipped via PayPal. But I'll let yall find that out!

Last edited:

anyones De La order from CCS move yet?

got shipping email yesterday.

but as of right now the package hasnt moved.

slow shipping times for my past 2 cops. BTTF purchased last Wed, wont have til this Wed.

and it looks like ill be lucky to get De Las before this weekend.
Mine still say "On Hold" and the lady who called me Saturday said they would probably ship that day.  They better not go past the weekend with Monday being a holiday. 

Side note, I ordered off Ubiq this morning and already have shipping notification and a tracking number

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom