2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Low production numbers is what made NikeSB successful. They're not going to change that now.

When Sandy Bodecker took over a then failing Nike skateboarding department, he laid out a simple plan with SB dunks to turn them around: limited numbers, interesting stories, tight distribution channels.

Limiting the numbers built interest.

Making sure each colorway had an interesting story is what eventually led to this whole every release gets a nickname thing.

And limiting the distribution to a select number of independent skate shops is what got skaters to finally buy in.

Most of what ya'll *****ing about is what made us love this shoe in the first place.

Yeah, it's frustrating watching resale culture destroy the sb dunk culture. But don't forget the history of it.

this is literally how it used to be a lot of the time you wouldn't even see images of the sb online you had to pull up on shops lol

No cuse's, no tuck's, no fari's... just truck it high

IMG_20200315_110249.jpg

Yeah SBs and certain shoes were limited. But that ain’t why we loved em.

we loved em cus they were dope and more of an if you know you know type deal.
only a few folks had the knowledge.

It’s completely different nowthey weren’t marketed to death to drum up this ****ing stampede of folks tryna flip and make a dollar or get a pair cus it’s gonna make Em cool.

they shoving ad after ad after ad down our throats. Just to turn around and say hey sorry about the Ls. That’s just how it goes with limited shoes.

**** is lame. and weird.

Forgot all about the other store that was doing an email Safari raffle here lmao smh. I wouldn't have won anyways though, just peeped you needed to send a selfie with a pair of dunks in your hand or you couldn't enter.

Only pair I had was the Travs and I couldn't get my size so they're gone of course, oh well lol

I wonder if I can trade these syracuse for some kentucky's with out any $$ on top

Maybe cool kicks or Sole Stage do size Swaps??

this is literally how it used to be a lot of the time you wouldn't even see images of the sb online you had to pull up on shops lol

That's actually a real dope way to drop sneakers :lol:
But impossible to do with social media these days. Everybody has to try to be the first to leak images.

Are the Shadow J-Packs still available anywhere? Also curious as to how comfy they are / aren't

Folks with safaris in hand. How's that toe material feel? Kinda reminds me of the same mats they used on the mcfly dunks and I remember that creased pretty easy

phamo phamo looks like I caught the L on local and premier. I'm not sure if Detroitcity sent out invoice notifications yet or not. I know their raffle ended around 12 or so. But yeah so far not looking likely I'll cop the W for you. Hopefully you put in some raffles too and maybe got lucky today lol

GL on trying for me homie, preciate the lookout. Think I got secured....with the local. Got curved before so hope not this time around. Update tomorrow

69C9F7BB-CFF5-44DC-87DC-BA4076A5D9C8.jpeg

got blessed locally. Traded for the Kentuckys. Safaris look the best in person.

I think in bowling this is referred to as a turkey!

GL on trying for me homie, preciate the lookout. Think I got secured....with the local. Got curved before so hope not this time around. Update tomorrow

Good to hear man. Still uncertain whether detroit notified winners or not. Lol

threw in some white laces
probably my favorite shoe this year
3543C0CC-A333-40C5-A900-9EDECA423FB7.jpeg

This pic made me check stockx prices (again)! Lol

Agreed..makes me hate the new tooling more. That inner heel counter with straight up padding and no cut out looks/feels so authentic.

Back
Top Bottom