2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Happy Easter/Passover/Quarantine all! Hope everyone had a safe and awesome weekend!
133F241A-3DD5-4395-9697-51A6E5087C17.jpeg

SLs are definitely one of the better Dunk SBs just off the strength of the materials alone. Definitely wish I was able to hit a pair for retail. As dope as they are, it's not something I'd personally pay resale for because I don't see myself wearing a pink sneaker often.

SLs are definitely one of the better Dunk SBs just off the strength of the materials alone. Definitely wish I was able to hit a pair for retail. As dope as they are, it's not something I'd personally pay resale for because I don't see myself wearing a pink sneaker often.
This is exactly my sentiment. The SLs are dope material wise, colors, and concept, but a multi pink pair isn’t something I’d wear hardly at all.

I just hit it up with clorox wipes, and leave it in the sun. I get the same effect. Clorox wipes are gems right now tho so...>D

DAF401C9-7C1A-49F2-9C47-58A3B0E69178.jpeg

u guys have any success repainting midsoles?
Don't you EVER paint rubber midsoles.

Like Rumble Rumble said above - buy salon care 40, you can order it off amazon. It's some kind of hair bleaching cream, idk for sure I barely have any hair left. But all you have to do is brush a thin layer over the rubber midsole (careful not to get any on the uppers, I'd suggest taping it off) and leave in sunlight for about 20 minutes at a time until the cream dries. Turn over and do the other side of the midsole until you're happy with the results.

are the SL worth the resale , never paid over retail before but thinking about it .
Just saw the prices for strangeloves out of curiosity this morning. No way i would pay that much for them resale. That’s waaayyyyy to insane of a price jump from initial release. Again that’s just me, 600 bones is wild for the shoe, especially since that’s what they’re going for in the big sizes. I feel very similarly about the Travis joints, but I get that comes with more of a hype train behind it, so it’s more understandable but again, not justifiable.

Don't you EVER paint rubber midsoles.

Like Rumble Rumble said above - buy salon care 40, you can order it off amazon. It's some kind of hair bleaching cream, idk for sure I barely have any hair left. But all you have to do is brush a thin layer over the rubber midsole (careful not to get any on the uppers, I'd suggest taping it off) and leave in sunlight for about 20 minutes at a time until the cream dries. Turn over and do the other side of the midsole until you're happy with the results.

Hmmm. Why wouldn’t you paint mid soles?

Hmmm. Why wouldn’t you paint mid soles?
Painting is just cosmetic and salon care 40 actually changes the color of the rubber uniformly. Although salon care 40 isn't a permanent fix (the yellowing will happen again in the long run) it gives it a more even and natural look. If you paint the rubber, you wind up with a bright pure white on a used shoe which looks terrible; it's not worth mixing with yellow to get the "aged" color right. That's all in addition to what others said above about chipping.

Back
Top Bottom