2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

image.jpeg

Another snooze-fest collab. What is the deal with this ****?

giving every t0 shop access to private Dunk Nike Id with limited af color options.

do we know what the 'ab' stands for?

all these .net pics that have leaked so far show sb laces and they're laced in the same way that sb dunks are (laces over the eyelets instead of under)

do we know what the 'ab' stands for?

all these .net pics that have leaked so far show sb laces and they're laced in the same way that sb dunks are (laces over the eyelets instead of under)
Usually @solebyjc is the first to show actual photos of the shoe so I hold my breath until he drops something. Pyrates mockups are usually pretty off.

At least the Instant Skateboard dunks look good...

I was going to say maybe those pics are just place holders and the actual dunks will different for the upcoming collabs, but thinking about it I wouldn't mind if those were them. Hope it kills the hype on dunks.

This all seems contrived and a concerted effort on Nike’s behalf just using new methods of mass marketing for their products. Nike just decides with what model or line to “bring back”.

Sneakers that rose to popularity were in tune with what drove culture (fashion, art, sports). People wanted to do the things that those who wore these products were doing. There used to be a correlation that contributed to the rise of it’s notoriety. Nothing today warrants the 2019-2020 resurgence of SB.

Who’s doing anything anymore beside advertising?

Last edited:
This all seems contrived and a concerted effort on Nike’s behalf just using new methods of mass marketing for their products. Nike just decides with what model or line to “bring back”.

Sneakers that rose to popularity were in tune with what drove culture (fashion, art, sports). People wanted to do the things that those who wore these products were doing. There used to be a correlation that contributed to the rise of it’s notoriety. Nothing today warrants the 2019-2020 resurgence of SB.

Nothing? Travis alone was more than enough to fuel the dunk resurgence in a lot of huge target demos with lots of disposable income.

Skateboarding was about to feature in the Olympics for the first time this Summer, now pushed back to 2021. Nike building SB hype to coincide with that doesn’t seem too far fetched, and a nice little money spinner.
OH yeah. I forgot about the olympics. I liked most of the nike SB "uniforms" and IIRC the react bruins were gonna be used by team members.

the 2000s for me were fingerboards, finger bmx bikes, X games, tony hawk pro skater, pop rock radio hits and trying to gel my hair into spikes which eventually just turned into a hard afro hahaha. being half black it was kinda hard to be devoted to skateboarding but the likes of kareem Campbell, terry kennedy, lupe fiasco helped me be confident to break the mold of what ppl think.

the 2000s for me were fingerboards, finger bmx bikes, X games, tony hawk pro skater, pop rock radio hits and trying to gel my hair into spikes which eventually just turned into a hard afro hahaha. being half black it was kinda hard to be devoted to skateboarding but the likes of kareem Campbell, terry kennedy, lupe fiasco helped me be confident to break the mold of what ppl think.
Skateboarders are one of the most accepting group of people you will find out there and I have been all over this county skateboarding. I stink at skateboarding but have fun doing it. I am glad you decided to get out there and that there were others to inspire you. It is difficult to put yourself out there and try new things that take time to get good at especially when others make it seem so easy. My local skatepark is very diverse in every way possible. Too bad the rest of the world is not so diverse and accepting.

Back to the shoes: I am looking forward to a better outcome on May/June releases. Looking for the win on Laker colorway, Packer/Oregon/Brasil etc.., Red/White, and Chunky Dunk and Strawberry Cough(eventhough I have no shot).

Back
Top Bottom