2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Breaking these out for the first time today. From the corgishoe vault. Plan to beat them up.
4BDF375D-967F-4AF7-9514-19B7866F2B71.jpeg
79AA7A89-4591-4811-9EAE-FD7CB324DA28.jpeg
tenor.gif

i'm not confident in this drop at all (who is tho lol). I bet I will hop on those early release groups for the grateful dead dunks like I should have for these.

I hope resell isn't above 500 on these. wishful thinking i'm sure.

everyone sitting at home with nothing to do. Everyone going for every drop now

In my opinion the recent resurgence of dunks is directly connected to the explosion of popularity for the AJ1 in recent years...

When the jordan wave was at it’s peak everyone had to have AJ1’s to rock with their slim fit jeans....once the jordan bubble burst alot of the newer generation realized that dunks were basically the exact same thing as AJ’1 but with way more flavors and way more collaborations.....

and boom here we are.

Now nike acting brand new hyping up releases like the brazils and st johns, when you could have easily made these on ID the past 10 years lol.

i'm not confident in this drop at all (who is tho lol). I bet I will hop on those early release groups for the grateful dead dunks like I should have for these.

I hope resell isn't above 500 on these. wishful thinking i'm sure.

You talking about the Chunky Dunkys? If you miss out, you're definitely looking at over $500 for this in the secondary market :rolleyes. You should probably look away from what they're going for now. I know pre-release resale prices are not a good indicator of what it will go for after release, but it's not gonna drastically drop down to $500 from what it's going for now.

Dumping Chun Li's on Goat or eBay. It's a WRAP. Prices going up. I love SB's but the way these prices set up they gotta roll. It's literally my last pair.

You talking about the Chunky Dunkys? If you miss out, you're definitely looking at over $500 for this in the secondary market :rolleyes. You should probably look away from what they're going for now. I know pre-release resale prices are not a good indicator of what it will go for after release, but it's not gonna drastically drop down to $500 from what it's going for now.
I just looked on Goat :wow:

This is the one shoe (for the year) I'm willing to pay resale, but not for $1k+. Damn

Yeah that's why I said what I said about early release groups and the grateful dead dunks.
Also I said it was probably wishful thinking for 500 after the ben and Jerry's drop...but it would be nice.

In my opinion the recent resurgence of dunks is directly connected to the explosion of popularity for the AJ1 in recent years...

When the jordan wave was at it’s peak everyone had to have AJ1’s to rock with their slim fit jeans....once the jordan bubble burst alot of the newer generation realized that dunks were basically the exact same thing as AJ’1 but with way more flavors and way more collaborations.....

and boom here we are.

Now nike acting brand new hyping up releases like the brazils and st johns, when you could have easily made these on ID the past 10 years lol.

I feel like the AJ1 has always been popular, maybe in the mid 2000s they had a slump, but since 2011 onwards it has always been a model that's been popular. I mean 2013 Royals were going for $900 or something crazy like that before the recent retro. With the drop of the other models I think it feels like the AJ1 has gone up, but IMO it has just maintained it's popularity.

I feel like the AJ1 has always been popular, maybe in the mid 2000s they had a slump, but since 2011 onwards it has always been a model that's been popular. I mean 2013 Royals were going for $900 or something crazy like that before the recent retro. With the drop of the other models I think it feels like the AJ1 has gone up, but IMO it has just maintained it's popularity.
I agree and disagree. Kanye wearing '01s 1s in the early 2010s made them really popular. But Jordan 1s were terrible from like 2007-2013 up until royals/breds/shadows came back with Nike air. Even those were subpar quality. But all high tops had jumpman branding, most had stiff and bad materials, there were so many bad mid tops, phat lows, plus all the terrible colorways.

SORIANOTRON SORIANOTRON I feel you. I've said this in the thread a couple times before but it always bears repeating. Nike/Jordan bring the hype. Better quality, more quantity. We saw "remastered" jordans in 2015. We saw "retro style shape" on air max 1s in 2017. We started getting "original tooling" SB dunks in 2018 or 2019. Attention was gone from SBs in tape and teal box era because releases were ugly and shoes were uncomfortable, plus a lot of people metaphorically grew out of SBs and moved on to other things. But then everyone gets drawn back in when the quality and releases get better.

I don't think too many people are cross-shopping Jordan 1s and Dunks.

Totally different consumer IMO.

Respectfully disagree.

At least I know over 75% of the regulars in here also have and are fans of 1s.

I mean its been 6 years since Lance x MJ pairs. Did the Craigs too.....Dunks go hand in hand with 1s arguably more than any other model out there.

Respectfully disagree.

I mean its been 6 years since Lance x MJ pairs. Did the Craigs too.....Dunks go hand in hand with 1s arguably more than any other model out there.

Yeah a dunk model is not that different than an AJ1. Makes sense there would be folks mutual fans of both.

I have 6 pairs of AJ1s....2 of which are the Kostons.
I have 1 pair of SB Dunks...the high inspired by the AJ11.

I've tried for some pairs of SB over the past 3 years but never hit and I'm just not willing to pay over box price.

Would love to get those Chunky Dunks but not holding my breath.

i would wager that the majority of people into dunks now are in for the hype not and not for any perceived quality. otherwise, why are subpair quality dunks that went on sale in 2018 now resell for ridiculous amounts in 2020?

i've sold my used pairs with no box to folks for 2.5x what i paid because the buyer "is into dunks now"

shoes arent immune to trends. jordan 1s were hot. ultra boosts were hot. nmds were hot. air maxes were hot. now dunks are hot. eventually it will be something else.

Respectfully disagree.

this is me to a tee insert a few vans and the sporadic air max but mainly 1’s and Dunks buying j pack dunks always seemed redundant but here I am this morning deciding between j pack shadows and Jordan 1 shadows lol

this is me to a tee insert a few vans and the sporadic air max but mainly 1’s and Dunks buying j pack dunks always seemed redundant but here I am this morning deciding between j pack shadows and Jordan 1 shadows lol

18BBB03E-47BC-482A-A7EE-45358D4AA2E2.jpeg

I picked up sb dunk j pack shadows last month & they are A+... had to bite resale but wasn’t too bad

Back
Top Bottom