2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Nike Dunk Low SP “Champ Colors”
Color: University Orange/Marine-Marine
Style Code: CU1727-800
Release Date: June 24, 2020
Price: $100

I need a pair. Reminds me of the simple sb dunk low cws.
Nike-Dunk-Low-Champ-Colors-CU1727-800_______-Release-Date-Pricing-1.jpeg
Nike-Dunk-Low-Champ-Colors-CU1727-800_______-Release-Date-Pricing-2.jpeg

BEAR DOWN 🐻

Tons of people were saying they had issues with the SNS the last few days, including myself.

I messaged them on Twitter and they said they did a recent update and that their app works just fine.

Amazing how SNS went from one of the best raffles to one of the worst.

The raffle on desktop actually felt like you had a shot. They without a doubt have the worst raffle because of the app and it's not even close.

Anybody have first hand knowledge on the fit of the SB High Baroque Brown? Came out last fall. Been reading going half size up is the move.

TIA

Sounds like SNS delayed the release of the Dunks in the US. And that’s why they disappeared from the app. They said more info is coming about it.

not that it matters cause SNS is big trash now, but just thought I’d pass it along.

never thought there wld be a resurgence of dunks

theses were on clearance racks lmao

now resell on basic gr dunks. god

Although it's been talked about extensively, I don't understand Nike's strategy this time around re: the Dunk Low (and eventually the high). This is a basketball shoe. Leaving it solely to boutiques to drive up hype does nothing for Nike Sportswear and by extension Nike Basketball, the latter of which is a strong brand all it's own. Put them in Jimmy Jazz, etc. like they did the last BTTYS run. If the masses don't soak it up, oh well. SBs were always FCFS and if you missed out, tough luck. Not a fan of this strategy being applied to the non SB model.

/2 cents

never thought there wld be a resurgence of dunks

theses were on clearance racks lmao

now resell on basic gr dunks. god
Y'all ever notice that it's not just dunks but everything is popular and sells out now? Except maybe ultraboost :lol: but every brand and product line is thriving. New Balance, Yeezy (might seem played out but every drop still sells out), Jordan Brand, Nike (look at AF1s and air maxes), Nike SB, ASICS; Saucony x Bodega sold out quick. Traditional dad-core sneakers like Salomon and Hoka are getting stocked at streetwear boutiques. A plethora of collabs and IG marketing/influencing have made this sneaker **** mainstream. It's no niche interest anymore, everyone knows what a sneakerhead is, everyone knows someone who collects sneakers. The fact that everyone finally realized they could profit off it also contributed; who would say no to hundreds of dollars for some stupid sneakers? I don't. Easy for most of us to be blind to how popular it's become since we've been in it for so many years but face the fact - being into sneakers is normalized now.

Y'all ever notice that it's not just dunks but everything is popular and sells out now? Except maybe ultraboost :lol: but every brand and product line is thriving. New Balance, Yeezy (might seem played out but every drop still sells out), Jordan Brand, Nike (look at AF1s and air maxes), Nike SB, ASICS; Saucony x Bodega sold out quick. Traditional dad-core sneakers like Salomon and Hoka are getting stocked at streetwear boutiques. A plethora of collabs and IG marketing/influencing have made this sneaker **** mainstream. It's no niche interest anymore, everyone knows what a sneakerhead is, everyone knows someone who collects sneakers. The fact that everyone finally realized they could profit off it also contributed; who would say no to hundreds of dollars for some stupid sneakers? I don't. Easy for most of us to be blind to how popular it's become since we've been in it for so many years but face the fact - being into sneakers is normalized now.

New Balance is starting to move in greater quantities because of the discontent driven by Nike and adidas. People who couldn't cop from there segued onto brands that were more accessible. While being a "sneakerhead" (I hate this term) is mainstream due to influencers being given product, most people do not understand the concept behind spending that kind of money on sneakers nor owning that many shoes. It was the same thing a decade ago. The majority of people own five pairs of sneakers at most and for some that's a lot.

New Balance is starting to move in greater quantities because of the discontent driven by Nike and adidas. People who couldn't cop from there segued onto brands that were more accessible. While being a "sneakerhead" (I hate this term) is mainstream due to influencers being given product, most people do not understand the concept behind spending that kind of money on sneakers nor owning that many shoes. It was the same thing a decade ago. The majority of people own five pairs of sneakers at most and for some that's a lot.
I disagree with almost everything you said there. New Balance started moving more because of the attention that Kawhi Leonard brought them (OMN1S were selling quick at first and so were all of the t-shirts) and started doing even more collaborations. The Aime Leon Dore collabs brought NB so much more attention than even the Ronnie Fieg collabs of the mid-2010s did. Jjjjound was huge too. People see the shoe they really want reselling for $500+ then they go find a cheaper alternative after exploring the brand more. They didn't segue to other brands, they're buying just as much Nike as well as everything else. That's why so many new releases continue to sell out across the board.

Obviously most people aren't sneakerheads. What I mean is that the culture surrounding fascination with sneakers is now known by most people. When the NBA loosened restrictions on sneaker policies, ESPN started focusing a lot more attention on it - the addition of Nick DePaula to their staff also contributed to it. There's even a soundbite in NBA 2K about NBA sneakerheads. Another contributing factor is that a lot of young kids grow up, get jobs, and can buy all the **** they wanted when they were broke. I and many of my friends my age fit into that category.

I disagree with almost everything you said there. New Balance started moving more because of the attention that Kawhi Leonard brought them (OMN1S were selling quick at first and so were all of the t-shirts) and started doing even more collaborations. The Aime Leon Dore collabs brought NB so much more attention than even the Ronnie Fieg collabs of the mid-2010s did. Jjjjound was huge too. People see the shoe they really want reselling for $500+ then they go find a cheaper alternative after exploring the brand more. They didn't segue to other brands, they're buying just as much Nike as well as everything else. That's why so many new releases continue to sell out across the board.

Obviously most people aren't sneakerheads. What I mean is that the culture surrounding fascination with sneakers is now known by most people. When the NBA loosened restrictions on sneaker policies, ESPN started focusing a lot more attention on it - the addition of Nick DePaula to their staff also contributed to it. There's even a soundbite in NBA 2K about NBA sneakerheads. Another contributing factor is that a lot of young kids grow up, get jobs, and can buy all the **** they wanted when they were broke. I and many of my friends my age fit into that category.
I would also add better looking models like the 327 are helping them... NB have always had that fire quality.

You're entitled to disagree and I disagree with everything you said. The culture blew up after the 2009 Space Jam release. I remember it fondly because I went back to Syracuse after holiday break and people were asking me about them who weren't into shoes at all. The shoes made national news because of the chaos (literally) that ensued with the release. ESPN close to a decade later exacerbated what the blogs were already doing. Those blogs (SN and Nice Kicks) were getting web traffic in MMs before the "culture" blew up (I know because I used to write for one of them. Won't say which.) . There is an influx of wealth coming in from different avenues but it has nothing to do with kids growing up. It's simply the "in" thing. It's why Nike and Project Blitz are giving Kylie Jenner/Travis Scott pairs of SBs. Where will it be five years from now? This is different from saying the bubble is going to burst. The founders of Stadium Goods already cashed in their chips. I personally know one of them and his foresight has been pretty good and accurate thus far.

EDIT: You mention ESPN, but Bleacher Report had been looking into creating a sneaker based web property in 2013. I personally had that conversation with their VP of Brand and Content. This wasn't an overnight thing by any means. The seeds had been planted.

Last edited:
Maximillion Pegasus Maximillion Pegasus You are 1000% right about the space jam release putting sneakers on the map and I always refer back to that as the turning point. That was the week I joined the ISS/SC forums and the site went crazy. The future holiday XI releases compounded that. Blogs were so much better back then. The following they brought over to IG combined with IG's algorithms def helped boom it into what it is now.

Back
Top Bottom