2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

that tongue does not look padded on the craters to me. am I blind? kinda reminds me of IWs and like...2010 thin tongue dunks.

Looks padded to me in comparison to my IW sea crystals. Probably not "as padded" per se as the traditional SB dunk low but it's definitely got more cushion than the IWs.

As a matter of fact looking at it the amount of padding looks to be pretty similar to the padded tongues in some older SB blazer lows.

Last edited:
I don't like them because they remind me of a ruined version of Oxides which are like an ultimate Dunk grail. I also hate that crater stuff Nike's been doing and the soles on them.

Not like my opinion matters.. might as well just make shoes in the shape of an L so when I see the preview I don't develop some false sense of excitement to cop :lol:

Got the QS box as well probably gonna be difficult to get but I like them. It's like a Mashup of IW lows (thinned heel lining/collar) mixed with regular sb lows (the padded tongue). Id wanna see em with sb laces too in the same or similar color to those flat ones too.

When I post them, I'll stick Sb laces in them.

20201009_155002.jpg

Wore my atlas to the mall. I must say the ankles seem super padded, way more than usual. Maybe that’s how all dunk highs are now? Haven’t bought one in a long time.

@theltrain If you're used to Jordan I's then the padding is OD. If you're used to Dunk Hi's then the padding is okay sometimes. I don't own Atlas' but the two Hi's I have prior to this year are just okay.

If you want to know what Hi padding is supposed to be like? Michigans nailed that feature like I have not seen since mid 2000s.

@theltrain If you're used to Jordan I's then the padding is OD. If you're used to Dunk Hi's then the padding is okay sometimes. I don't own Atlas' but the two Hi's I have prior to this year are just okay.

If you want to know what Hi padding is supposed to be like? Michigans nailed that feature like I have not seen since mid 2000s.
Yeah I have lots of 1s and dunk highs, these just seem way more padded. Haven’t bought a pair since 2013 ish.
Don’t know if the recents like the doraemons had this much.

Yeah I have lots of 1s and dunk highs, these just seem way more padded. Haven’t bought a pair since 2013 ish.
Don’t know if the recents like the doraemons had this much.

Gotcha .. I have Campbell Hi's and Reese Forbe Denim Hi's. Both dropped around like 2016/17 if I remember correctly. And the padding on those is NOTHING like my Michigans from this year. Campbell's are the worst of the two.

1602290942775.png

Those Thomas campbells were purposely and specifically made to be unpadded.

First time hearing this...Never knew that! I was definitely in this thread too at the time and I say that to say that sometimes I learn things about SB's here because I don't have a skating perspective. Why was that the goal?

First time hearing this...Never knew that! I was definitely in this thread too at the time and I say that to say that sometimes I learn things about SB's here because I don't have a skating perspective. Why was that the goal?

I'm not sure there was a goal or specific reason.. Nike SB did a few un padded dunks around 2016 and 2017 I wanna say?

For example: Sea Crystal low

Sea Crystal Low is a IW, of which there are tons similar.

Bar Black and Kevin Bradley are two low-pad highs that come to mind.

You right, the unpadded ishod stuff was around the same time period so that trend probably had something to do with the campbell being unpadded.

I'm not sure there was a goal or specific reason.. Nike SB did a few un padded dunks around 2016 and 2017 I wanna say?

For example: Sea Crystal low

Oh I just looked at that as standard at the time :lol: For me it was a dead zone with SB's so I was only interested if they came with a correct design/colorway. This is what I thought of as 'new tooling' before I saw someone describe it that way somewhere in here.

Back
Top Bottom