2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

if you don't see why they're special already, there's never gonna be anything anyone can ever tell u that'll make u understand. i don't even like ben & jerrys ice cream that much.
:lol:

I can’t do it man. That Ben & Jerry’s co-sign can’t be on my feet.

kilroythedon kilroythedon hope you get them for a better price than me, although i'm not TOO upset about it. he hit it on the head. it's pretty much EVERYTHING about the shoe that makes it dope. but anyway, moving right along...
I hope you enjoy them. Spending that much on a shoe is a big deal. Don’t let folks ruin your fun, do you. And celebrate that you’re blessed enough to be able to!

fedex has lost two packages of mine in the last couple of weeks and I got scared as hell when I saw fedex was delivering my iowas tomorrow...tempted to sit outside all day and stop every fedex truck that comes through.

its just one of those SBs that you know will be classic, it’s the colors for me the yellow swoosh that toe box it’s just a great looking shoe all around the colorful parts of it. I just hate the fact the tongue isn’t double stuffed
It’s literally on par with chocolates, Michael laus, zoo York’s, Paris, etc to me. Grail status. I have to have them. Like it’s number one on my list. Back in the day I had **** like luckys, unkles, supreme highs and lows but I never was able to cop Paris or pigeons or Michael laus etc. chunkys would be on that list for me of those that I couldn’t afford or got away. Not this time.

StockX is trash for the fees but I like the payout system so...

**** eBay for making it easy for the buyer to screw the seller. Off principle after what I went through I’d rather not go back to using eBay.

I couldn't wear a shoe knowing I spent that much on it.
This

I rarely went the resell route before 2019 but even then I've never spent more than like 550 on a single sneaker and that was actually very recent for me.

There was a period where my 2013 royals were selling for 1k and I legit couldn't think of an event or thing I was doing that would be worth me wearing a 1k sneaker to.

I eventually went to Japan and felt like that was appropriate for my first trip to that country but otherwise that shoe would've likely rotted away in my closet or have been sold off.

Chunky dunks are definitely cool but I've been legit BROKE before, there is no way I could wear that shoe knowing that if times were to get hard I could off this shoe (in DS) condition for at least a months worth of groceries and gas for my family.

I've said it time and time again strangeloves were my only retail sb pickup this year and I'm still struggling with pulling those out because they are valued so highly. Quarantine has only magnified that sentiment as I do nothing worth wearing Incredibly nice/ expensive sneakers.

Ps don't count my pockets I got legit cash but u better believe if hard times come I'm offing all this sneaker **** first.

Some in the vault
PXL_20201217_004338253.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20201217_004918119.PORTRAIT.jpg

I couldn't wear a shoe knowing I spent that much on it.

And for the Stock X talk. I've bought I think 4 or 5 pairs from them. Even after their bs fees...all were less than what retail + tax would've been for me at a store.
kicks like frags and off OW 1s yea, those are past the point of wearing. dunkys may wind up in that realm also tho.

Most I paid for resell was the Safaris. Was like 4 bills. It hurt, but it was a graduation gift to myself and needed em haha.

Safaris and TS dunks are my DOTY. TS dunks special, since I cop'd retail.

sneakaprince sneakaprince i been broke before so i feel everything u said. the goal is to not go back there, but like you said if hard times come the kicks and things of that nature are 1st to go. now that I'm thinking about it, besides louboutins, this is most I've ever dropped on a shoe.

Keeping it a buck. I kinda hate that sneaker culture has normalized a shoe even reselling for 1k and beyond now.

I see kids in legitimately thousands of dollars worth of clothes and kicks now kinda on the regular.

I remember a point in my life I probably would've done something filthy to a person for just 1k. Honestly 1k is more than I paid for my first whip.

For a huge portion of my sneaker collecting life a sneaker that sold for $300 was ALOT. It didn't make the sneaker unwearable but it definitely made you feel rich. That was DOPE.

IDK now I feel like the old guy preaching about back in the day, but yeah the hobby has changed but to some extent my mindset hasn't. A lot of this new **** that drops and is like 300-400 bucks out the gate (with like a 1% of me ever copping at retail) is a dub for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom