2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

More so a general observation. Just so happened your post sparked the thought.

i get what ur saying tho

but other than those 2 mentioned above, everything is retail, i dont want to turn into paying over msrp for stuff, i got other things in life im trying to do and I aint about that life lol

Thoughts on these ?? I like them ...
41D3B40A-CB36-4F82-A3AF-A85633F6A878.jpeg

What’s silly about it though?

I’m trying to understand the psychology of it, I’m not coming at you.

If a cat can afford to pay resale for anything he wants, what makes that silly?

The fact that he could have used it on something you’d deem more worthy? Like game worn shoes? WUT.
There is no rationality or psychology to collecting. We're literally paying 2x+ on the same shoe in a different color.

What’s silly about it though?

I’m trying to understand the psychology of it, I’m not coming at you.

If a cat can afford to pay resale for anything he wants, what makes that silly?

The fact that he could have used it on something you’d deem more worthy? Like game worn shoes? WUT.

I feel like me and BabyKiller138 BabyKiller138 are pretty similar. For me personally it comes down to what I think a shoe is worth. A cheaply made dunk that costs $110, uncomfortable tooling, and plastic leather doesn't command much above retail.

Do I have the money? Yes, I could pay whatever dunks or other shoes go for, but mentally I'd feel like I was wasting my money on some overinflated shoes. The draw isn't there for me because I don't feel like their resell prices match what I see as their worth.

I’ve paid below retail for some, straight retail for some, and over retail for some. It doesn’t matter to me what people pay for their shoes. Whatever makes people happy. The ONLY thing that bothers me is celebs and similar people that spend crazy amounts on their collections, and at the same time brag about how cold their collections are. Like no sht you have a crazy collection, you spend all of your hundreds of thousands of dollars on kicks. My collection, which I personally think is pretty decent, spanning over 20 years, would be even crazier if I had THAT kind of expendable income to throw at shoes. Not knocking, do you, but don’t come at people like “kiss the collection’s ring.”

But if someone here buys all their kicks via resell, more power to them. Someone only pays retail, more power to them. Someone pays a combination of both, more power to them. Doesn’t cost me anything, and I couldn’t care less.

Good read.

We just give too much time to speak resell in here.

Sad, it used to be more shoe talk right when I joined.

Just do whatever makes you happy boys. Be sure to expend that money within your limits.

One of the only benefits to high resale prices are that if you get a pair for retail or even lower resale and then the price jumps, you can wear the shoe and then sell it used for more than you paid for it.

Any Chicago guys know what’s going on with Prosper? Haven’t seen them release anything SB for like a month and a half.

Back
Top Bottom