2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I changed the laces in these and they don't seem right. But I don't like SB laces anymore so they're staying.

20211006_124856.jpg

they're mids bro

Nope.

"Arguably the most important physical detail of Social Status’ Dunk project is its unique shape. Not quite a Low. Not quite a High. And yet not quite a Mid, Whitner says. The chopped look was uniquely created for Social Status. Whitner is adamant about the special silhouette and says seeing sneaker blogs refer to them as Dunk Mids was a bit irritating."

Nope.

"Arguably the most important physical detail of Social Status’ Dunk project is its unique shape. Not quite a Low. Not quite a High. And yet not quite a Mid, Whitner says. The chopped look was uniquely created for Social Status. Whitner is adamant about the special silhouette and says seeing sneaker blogs refer to them as Dunk Mids was a bit irritating."

And here's Nike, the manufacturer, referring to them as a Dunk Mid.

1633551734900.png

I'm confused............
Nike-Dunk-SB-Mid-Sea-Crystal-Product.jpg

Nike-Dunk-Mid-Social-Status-Burnt-Brown-Product.jpg

Maybe someone who has some other mids and these can do a real comparison.

I don’t have those but I do have strapless SB unsupreme/red dragon mids. Both have 8 eyelets per vinnuendo vinnuendo

Here’s the back shot and top shot of each. Keep in mind the chocolate milk is not an SB so the padding should be different but the heights are slightly different for anyone interested.

08531BB4-7D5C-4265-B2E3-DC4DA7E867CA.jpeg
06D3C1E5-1DE7-4946-A897-930939EF5411.jpeg

Need to clean that driving heel of the SBs lol

I don’t have those but I do have strapless SB unsupreme/red dragon mids. Both have 8 eyelets per vinnuendo vinnuendo

Here’s the back shot and top shot of each. Keep in mind the chocolate milk is not an SB so the padding should be different but the heights are slightly different for anyone interested.

08531BB4-7D5C-4265-B2E3-DC4DA7E867CA.jpeg
06D3C1E5-1DE7-4946-A897-930939EF5411.jpeg

Need to clean that driving heel of the SBs lol
Bruh you need some weathertech or comparable floor mats asap 😂 thank me later

It does look like the wings sit a little bit lower than regular mids, like the swoosh was kept in place but the back half was pushed down a little, but still chopped at the top cause of the 8 eyelets? 🤔

They're definitely different but not sure why he's so proud of shape that he got irritated by "mids". lol

Dope comparison thanks for sharing carolinakickg carolinakickg btw I thought of you the other day, I got the "aluminum" women's dunk hi's in hand, they looked a lot closer in color to any UNC gear than other colorways dubbed UNC from nike/JB.

I feel like I've said this before but I've never owned a pair of dunk mids. Like with AF1 mids, I was never sure what I'd do with the strap and then when they released the strapless joints I wasn't feeling most of the colorways. Definitely some great pairs of SB mids but always prioritized lows and highs instead. Also for the record both social status joints are buns

Dope comparison thanks for sharing carolinakickg carolinakickg btw I thought of you the other day, I got the "aluminum" women's dunk hi's in hand, they looked a lot closer in color to any UNC gear than other colorways dubbed UNC from nike/JB.

I feel like I've said this before but I've never owned a pair of dunk mids. Like with AF1 mids, I was never sure what I'd do with the strap and then when they released the strapless joints I wasn't feeling most of the colorways. Definitely some great pairs of SB mids but always prioritized lows and highs instead. Also for the record both social status joints are buns

Honestly I woulda gone for them if they were extended sizing, feel like they'd look good with mostly white unc gear for SURE

lol social status dunks only came in kids sizes....sad they're infinitely better.
Never been a fan of any of the mids, might as well make it a high.

the fog greys were pretty stiff too. worse than the UNLV lows. those actually broke in pretty well. my expectations arent high for a $100. the championship reds look the cheapest tbh.

Back
Top Bottom