2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

No. It’s psychological. Part of the appeal of the GOT EM is knowing that not everybody else got ‘em . People just as interested in the flex as they are the shoes

Supreme is currently “making enough for everyone” and the kids have done a complete 180 on it. It’s “lame” now that everyone can wake up on a Thursday and grab whatever they want

People like exclusivity. Nike got hundreds of great looking shoes that there’s enough for everybody to have, but people ignore those
Exactly. People won't admit it but the main reason they want the limited stuff is bc it's limited. I know people that are like "I'm going to stop messing Nike bc I never hit anything on snkrs." My man, you only go after the most limited ****. Of course you're not going to hit often. Nike has hundreds of shoes on nike.com and sitting in FootLocker every day. Nike makes plenty of shoes. Nike also makes an entire segment of shoes that's limited for us weirdos. That's what keeps the brand cool. The average Joe that walks into FootLocker buys Nike bc we, the sneaker weirdos, so the brand is cool. If Nike started mass producing everything, we wouldn't want, and then Joe wouldn't want it. Look at UltraBoost. When they first came out, they were all limited and everyone "needed" them. Adidas even fed everyone the bull**** about "We can't make enough Boost!" Bull****, they limited them to make them cool. As soon as they cranked up production, the sneaker guys moved off them.

Bottom line, like you said, Nike makes certain shoes limited bc that's what makes them cool and we all fall for it. Some just aren't self-aware enough to admit it.

Landed earlier this week, finally opened them up....Size 14 so they kind of like like snow skis :smile:

NikeID.jpg

Exactly. People won't admit it but the main reason they want the limited stuff is bc it's limited. I know people that are like "I'm going to stop messing Nike bc I never hit anything on snkrs." My man, you only go after the most limited ****. Of course you're not going to hit often. Nike has hundreds of shoes on nike.com and sitting in FootLocker every day. Nike makes plenty of shoes. Nike also makes an entire segment of shoes that's limited for us weirdos. That's what keeps the brand cool. The average Joe that walks into FootLocker buys Nike bc we, the sneaker weirdos, so the brand is cool. If Nike started mass producing everything, we wouldn't want, and then Joe wouldn't want it. Look at UltraBoost. When they first came out, they were all limited and everyone "needed" them. Adidas even fed everyone the bull**** about "We can't make enough Boost!" Bull****, they limited them to make them cool. As soon as they cranked up production, the sneaker guys moved off them.

Bottom line, like you said, Nike makes certain shoes limited bc that's what makes them cool and we all fall for it. Some just aren't self-aware enough to admit it.

“My SNKRS account has taken like 100 Ls. I haven’t won anything since [insert super hype sneaker for that time, that they are no longer grateful for winning]”

Ask them what they been trying for:

Travis Scott’s, Limited Jordan 4s at peak 4 hype, Jordan 1s at peak 1 hype, Dunks at peak Dunk hype, Collab SB (Grateful Dead’s / Chunky Dunkys), Holiday 11s at peak Holiday 11 hype, etc etc

Reminds me of the Adidas Confirmed app during the Yeezy days. Dudes would be complaining bout how “it’s not fair that Adidas won’t let me win without points. I don’t want no stupid ugly adidas”

Soon as that 2020 Tik Tok Vegan Samba wave hit, and those started flying off the shelves/selling out, A LOT of them same dudes who swore up and down that there ain’t any Adidas with buying outside Yeezys was on board

Goes to show all these companies have great shoes that aren’t hype, but that limited nature and hype makes people act different

The crazy part is that Nike taxes the older shoes with minimal technology, meanwhile top of the line new models retail for less than retros. Unfortunately my nostalgia prevents me from even caring about newer model shoes, Js or not. I might try a new air max model on sale but I rarely but multiple colorways.

Back
Top Bottom