2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

don't understand why some local spots no longer do fcfs, only on certain releases.
FCFS is too much hassle for shops. Unless they hire security ($$$) to keep the line in check **** is gonna get outta hand every time. FCFS also causes issues for neighboring businesses many times due to lines of people blocking entrances and leaving trash everywhere. I have always preferred FCFS to any raffles, but those days are long gone. Raffles also make backdooring much easier.

Last edited:
They said like 12-3, in which I could have made the hour and a half drive and made it before 3 (probably around 130, after some things I had to do in the AM). I woulda been screwed had I done that.

Few times I’ve lined up at union, everything went smooth, and efficiently.

I see I missed out on shapetalk. Let's rewind back to blue box era. At first they widened the vamp (toebox area, the aforementioned V shape) during the early blue box years. 2009/2010 IIRC. It also brought flat tongue lows, but those still had OG sole/outsole and no extra eyestay flap. Still a different shape from non-SB flat tongue dunks. Then the new tooling with sole and all fully took off by tape box.

Here's some details from the dunk book in 2011
1695657256047.jpeg

Sharing my NBYs to show real-life colors and materials in case it helps people with what I assume will be another members-only release soon (since they had this version of the NBY Dunks as something to vote on last week and promised early access to voters. Of course, every time I tried to add my vote, it said "error submitting content" haha). It looked like it would be the case online, but I was hoping the "gum" outsole would actually be gum instead of a translucent taupe.

I got multiples of the white and black to see which ones I liked more. I'll be keeping the white shoes with the black midsole and the black shoes with the white midsole. I normally go for neutral colors with NBYs but the greens are definitely my favorite of this grouping!

1695658294710.png

1695658376429.png

1695658397990.png

1695658423823.png

1695658507149.png

since they had this version of the NBY Dunks as something to vote on last week and promised early access to voters. Of course, every time I tried to add my vote, it said "error submitting content" haha).

I never even saw the option to vote. Went into the ap multiple times throughout the day looking for it so I could vote and never saw it on any of my acts.

Sharing my NBYs to show real-life colors and materials in case it helps people with what I assume will be another members-only release soon (since they had this version of the NBY Dunks as something to vote on last week and promised early access to voters. Of course, every time I tried to add my vote, it said "error submitting content" haha). It looked like it would be the case online, but I was hoping the "gum" outsole would actually be gum instead of a translucent taupe.

The materials offered are a bit off. The shoelace clasp was mediocre. should they offer materials like nubuck, suede or other then perhaps can get more creative. Im sure you're aware of someone doing their take on the tiffany's. if the color scheme was more available then I'm certain many more people would be making 2.0 version of og releases (potentially) someone did a take on the futura's when id had initially returned but i can no longer locate that pic. must have been removed so others couldn't copy or something but they were pretty clean though it reminded me of the slates (the gum version, there were two variants)

Court Purples and BnR’s were the only SBs I really wanted this year and it figures this one is going to be impossible to find. Guess I should have tried harder for the Yutos as bait. Oh well.

Glad I didn’t make the trip. I woulda been SOL had I went.

Anyone know what happened? They run out of tickets or something? And why so long? Sounds like they either didn’t know what they were doing, and/or weren’t prepared.

i do not know exactly what happened, but i do know that when i was in line at a certain point (this was around 3:30 pm), security said a certain portion of the line was guaranteed raffle tickets at that point and the folks behind them (including me) were not. so at some point they realized they were running out of tickets . it's my understanding that they initially had people filling out raffle tickets on the spot before eventually moving on to just handing out numbers. either way, they should have thought through a better process. union raffles run smoothly...undefeated raffles run smoothly...all they had to do was hand out tickets that pointed people to a website to register.

SB hype + Spanto passing + in person raffle = they shoulda known better

Pretty sure they coulda reached out to one of the other boutiques in the LA are to see how they do things… could been a lot less stressful for everyone.

Sad part is, basically retail opportunities are done at this point with that shoe.

What’s everybody’s opinion on the crater sb’s? Worth $200?
Had them and they nice but think of a hacky sack type of material and like the rubber nyjahs are made of, that was always the feel I got from them but I liked them, I sold them when I moved to Cali a few years back

I done hit a few as a CCS+ member through the years.

Unless you an 11 or 11.5 I think it might be useful for 20.
A few through the years? Meaning you’ve paid some years and hit nothing?

I don’t even need the hottest releases, really wouldn’t even be mad if I was able to scoop something, but passed for whatever reason…. More than anything, it’s just a pain with my location and work schedule to get anything these days.

Back
Top Bottom