2025 NBA Draft Thread

Yeah, to KOC's credit though, he's been consistent. Has had Terry at 9 (I think) on his Big Board since the season ended 6 months ago and before all this talk about him growing/gaining weight/etc.
Some guys just want to be right too. A bit of confirmation bias on KOC’s part

Knicks can never have enough PF’s :lol:

I don’t see us trading up. Makes no sense in this draft and we’re not giving up assets but trying to acquire them through using our cap space to take bad $

With that said, I’m just fine with any of the top 3. Give me Edwards at this point. I’d gladly welcome Deni but we haven’t met with him.

hornets have met with or worked out Ball, Wiseman, Edwards, Onyeka, Scrubb from what I can gather

Hornets might get their guy (Wiseman) by just staying pat.

Wild how John Hollinger said he'd strongly consider and lean towards doing RJ + Mitch + #8 for Lamelo.

RJ gets a really bad rep unfairly. Sure he has his flaws, but during his best games as a 19 year old rookie, he outperformed legit all stars. At his best he looked really good.

Anyone would take that deal. Knicks would be dumb to trade either of those two plus a pick to move up in the draft.

i

He said he’d only do one of those players plus the pick but yeah still that’s a lot
I really don’t think that’s a lot. :lol: The name of the game is getting a star. Lamelo has a better chance than either of those guys to become one. One of those guys plus that pick in a weak draft IF you believe in Melo is not crazy.

RJ basically put up the same numbers as Brandon Ingram did in his rookie year in a similarly bad situation. He showed enough flashes for me to believe he'll be on an upward trajectory. I'd rather have him than anybody in this draft.

I really don’t think that’s a lot. :lol: The name of the game is getting a star. Lamelo has a better chance than either of those guys to become one. One of those guys plus that pick in a weak draft IF you believe in Melo is not crazy.
I never said it was crazy but I guess I’m not sold on any of these kids becoming sure fire all stars or having a great chance at that

There’s so many things to like about these kids but the cons are all pretty glaring

I never said it was crazy but I guess I’m not sold on any of these kids becoming sure fire all stars or having a great chance at that

There’s so many things to like about these kids but the cons are all pretty glaring
Yea, I think they all have glaring weaknesses. But Mitchell Robinson is unlikely to be a star. RJ Barrett ehhh. If you think LaMelo has a shot and you can trade Mitch and 8 for him then I’d do that in a heartbeat.

I'd just take Killian Hayes if I were the Knicks. Don't really see much difference between him and LCW and it wouldn't cost you a piece of your "core". If he's not there, go Haliburton or Lewis or whatever other guard they like. Should be able to grab a decent role player at 27 too.

Wolves really taking LaMelo #SMH
His ceiling isn’t much higher (if at all) than Ant’s and Ant is way more likely to reach his 🤦🏽‍♂️

Charlotte actually makes the most sense for Lamelo of the teams in the top 3 (imo) but seems like they are locked in on a big

Wolves really taking LaMelo #SMH
His ceiling isn’t much higher (if at all) than Ant’s and Ant is way more likely to reach his 🤦🏽‍♂️
Based on what though? Not sure if any of the two of them are likely to reach their ceilings.

I'd just take Killian Hayes if I were the Knicks. Don't really see much difference between him and LCW and it wouldn't cost you a piece of your "core". If he's not there, go Haliburton or Lewis or whatever other guard they like. Should be able to grab a decent role player at 27 too.

I don't think we're really in a position to trade Barrett or Robinson. They may not be high level assets but putting all your eggs into the Melo basket isn't a good idea.

If we got #1 & wanted to draft him, then sure.

Back
Top Bottom