2025 NBA Draft Thread

4.6 milli for a late 50 pick. :lol:

1605762086945.png
yea... I need an explanation

I mean the owner is the same dude who took some insane rate on a loan for some dumb reason

and I question anyone who might have actually thought trump was good at business (I don’t question the legit rich folks who were just in it to get their tax breaks)
They didn't pay 4.6M. It was basically the max you can pay for a pick - it was an agreement to pay the Pistons part of Ariza's contract, which had to become guaranteed to match RoCo's salary (his contract was like 12.1M I believe, so subtract 4.6m from that. So the Pistons actually really only took on 7.5M of salary in exchange for the #16 pick, and they also can still use Ariza's salary as a trade asset).

TL;DR: It was a salary dump by us. The 4.6M just makes it seem like Tilman's not a cheap bastard, which he is. But additionally it opened up the taxpayer MLE and generated a 12M TPE for us as well (plus future picks) - but who knows if he'll actually make use of it.

In reality, they really only paid 1M for that pick (the cost to buy the 52nd pick).

Last edited:
I'm glad that my thoughts on Tyrell Terry seem to be in-line with where he ended up getting drafted. I mocked him higher than where he landed because I thought someone would take the swing, but I never bought what KOC/The Ringer/Whoever else was pitching about him. He's most likely Seth Curry 2.0, which is cool.

Tyrell terry ended up in a great spot for him, but wish 76ers got him by hoping in front of Dallas

Crazy to think this kids basically have a month to get ready for the nba. Gonna be a lot of bad rookies this year. Really unfair ****.
Good time to get into NBA Cards buy really low. Theres bound to be a couple good players in this draft.

Wolves getting rid of Wiggins only to draft a younger version of him at the exact same spot.

Wolves getting rid of Wiggins only to draft a younger version of him at the exact same spot.
Nah, Wiggins was allergic to passing and couldn't shoot 3's. Not like make them, I am talking attempts :lol:

Edwards outpaces him in both already and he hasn't even suited up! See below from a recent piece from the Ringer. Underlined for emphasis!

While Rosas said he ultimately viewed Edwards as “head and shoulders” above the rest of the class, the Georgia product took matters into his own hands during his predraft workout with the Wolves. His trainer walked him through the shooting portion of his routine in the middle of the workout, including multiple long 2-pointers and midrange jumpers. After he was done, Edwards told him to take those shots out of the workout because the analytics-minded Wolves wouldn’t want him taking too many of them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom