2025 NBA Draft Thread

🤷🏾‍♂️ Pretty much all young stars are locked up into their 7th or 8th season’s with the original team. That’s why you have to trade for them.

Saw this on IG.

8E5417A8-B9E0-4621-8EA1-22084C255027.jpeg
Its gonna start trending in the summer 👀.
10. Sacramento Kings
Scottie Barnes
Florida State
SF/PF

The worst defensive team in the NBA could be attracted to the versatility, intensity and instincts offered by Barnes, who has been a winner everywhere he has played. He'd bring the type of length and playmaking ability the Kings really lacked at the forward spots, giving them plenty of lineup flexibility around their core of De'Aaron Fox and Tyrese Haliburton.

OKC don’t deserve all these blessings after not wanting to pay Harden all those years ago. They can’t keep all that talent for long but they gonna be loaded. If they get Suggs :smh:. I’m going to watch them & Memphis A LOT next season.

Knicks projected at 20 & 21 with the Dallas pick. This seems to be a deep draft. Sacktown might like the idea of having three 1st round picks. Could even play more chess with the picks & make a play for top 5. Of course, the Knicks have zero interest in lottery picks with how things have progressed this season.

Add in Mitch, Obi, Frank, & Knox. They getting some top picks with potential & a rotation piece with even more potential already. Frank sounds like someone they could use badly. Would love to pull of a fleece & not include Mitch, but he might have to go.

The numbers gotta work between keeping Mitch & Noel. I hate to see that potential slip away, but Noel is going to command a nice payday a well. Most of these players you’d like to keep are on expirings too.

Frank needs to show out so his stock can be on the up & up again. He should welcome the opportunity for more minutes next to a player like Haliburton. He can take time to really mature over there.

And in this new NBA where the Knicks are a destination spot, anything can happen. Speaking of OKC, if SGA doesn’t want to stay with the team he got traded to, offer the same deal. Both those teams have a gang of budding talent & security at the 1.

Cavs end up with the 5th pick & not OKC? Suggs is projected 5. Do you make a call? They got their backcourt settled & Suggs ain’t a bench player. I don’t think.

If the last scenario is at play, I’m comfy going after Melo Ball’s brother on a 4 year contract in FA. I’m a little curious to see if he can put it together as his game matures. He’s an instant upgrade for where the Knicks are right now at starting point guard. Zion thinks highly of his game & he is a playmaker.

That means the Knicks are trading with the Cavs for a guard who’s got JKidd with a jumper comparisons floated around. See ya Immanuel. Suggs gonna have to come of the bench 1st yr & Zo starts. Where are those minutes gonna come from? Feelings aside, do it without hesitation. Take Mitch of the table then if you can. Or Obi.

Sacktown & OKC can take next year’s pick if they want

3 directions right there. All 3 trade partner franchises should be amenable to taking on projects with their markets and expectations.
I’m trading a 23 year old, 25/7 player for Knox who sucks, foul prone Mitchell Robinson who can’t play big minutes yet, and a bunch of late first rounders?

Why am I trading an established young star for that package?

Yo.....

A man can dream.

Furthermore, it takes vision & inspiration to make these types of moves. Chess, not checkers suckas. Knicks could easily do plan C this off season, then flip Zo for 1 of the 2 with some other prospects.

ill steelo ill steelo
1. You never get full value back for someone who wants out. Kangz gave the luxury of having 2 starting point guards on their team. That usually doesn’t work on good teams.

2. Don’t undersell Mitch like that. The fouls have decreased considerably. Young players need time to learn.

In any case, I have faith in the current leadership. Dolan greasy self aside.

Last edited:
Cut the Fox pipe dreams. We’re better off going for the other tiers like Brogdon or Rozier with the assets we have.

The Kings aren’t trading one of the best young PGs in the league that they have locked up long term for a center that can’t do anything but dunk and block shots occasionally, a guy that might be out of the league soon, and some random late picks.

Fox and Haliburton play perfectly fine together.

Damn B Sox B Sox that harsh. Mitch is actually good, difference maker for sure. Sucks he never had a chance to play with a real point guard.

As for as for our other assets, I agree. Not getting a player of Fox caliber. I think most people are hoping either the Kings do something very Kings like or Fox specifically requests a trade.

Mitch is/was pretty overhyped. He has a very replaceable skill and limited skill set. Y’all replaced him with Nerlens and got better. I’d hate to cash him out of I were the Knicks. Should let him walk.

Why It seems like Knox has been benched he was one of y'all better shot makers, that free agent ain't coming to MSG, y'all better draft Mac Mcclung

Mitch is/was pretty overhyped. He has a very replaceable skill and limited skill set. Y’all replaced him with Nerlens and got better. I’d hate to cash him out of I were the Knicks. Should let him walk.

Id hate to cash him out too, especially if Jarrett Allen is asking for 100 mill. Don’t let the run we had fool u though, Noel isn’t as good as Mitch. Mitch would help so much more against ATL right now. We’d be stupid to let him walk too, gotta either move him or sign him on a team friendly contract.

Warriors probably aren't going to add any more kids (unless their own pick jumps into the top 4) but damn man...Scottie's going to be RIGHT there with the Minny pick :smh:

Warriors probably aren't going to add any more kids (unless their own pick jumps into the top 4) but damn man...Scottie's going to be RIGHT there with the Minny pick :smh:
I'm expecting Davion Mitchell and Corey Kispert if they end up keeping the picks. I don't think they want more developmental projects outside of Wiseman.

How far can the Knicks move up with 19, 21, & 32?

Can't imagine Thibs or the FO want to add three rookies to the current rotation.

Back
Top Bottom