2025 NBA Draft Thread

If you caught any Oklahoma games last year and I think year before you knew kid got game.
I watched an OU game late in the season and he stood out as being the best player on the team. Didn't think he was NBA material though. But he looks like he can stick with those ball skills if he can hang athletically.

I thought Tyler Bey was first round material last season. Falls to the Mavs in the second round, and signed a two way deal. Now he's fighting for a spot with the Bulls. Tough. :smh:

Here's the patience & poise

Idk how Sims slipped to almost going undrafted. But besides the point. I was about to look up his numbers from his debut, and “Jheri Curl” in Wiki popped up as I was typing.

9FB90A8F-642B-44F0-B78F-A1D89C632006.png

They got a pic of a young ice cube as the main pic, which is hilarious to me for some reason. So I go down a wormhole of the Jheri Curl…and it leads me to people who were famous for it. One of them is Billy Ray Bates. Who played in the league back in the 70s & 80s. Players hated playing against him on the court because his Jheri Curl was super greasy, And made the ball slippery on court. Apparently, he was a wild boy. But also had a really interesting upbringing and draft story. Dude played 16 regular season games…then averaged 25ppg in his first ever playoff series as a rookie :lol:. Then the next year, averaged 28ppg. Has a playoff average of 27ppg in 6 games over 2 first round 2-1 series. Also a regular season PER 36 monster. Dude was basically a basketball savant, with no real skills or knowledge outside of that. Grew up a sharecropper and stumbled onto basketball brilliance.

Now reading this article on him.

Ended up being the Philippine Wilt, but hit some hard times. pums pums

Back
Top Bottom