2025 NBA Draft Thread

Moving around @ 7'3 is considerably different than 7'. There's rarely been someone that tall that didn't have problems with moving around or with durability. I'm drawing a blank trying to think of one. Maybe pre-injury Ralph Sampson and that's like 100 years ago. Perhaps Thabeet...but he was 2 packs of ***.
You're not wrong on that either. I've said it before humans aren't meant to be that large lol. But my point remains, Chet looks like the true unicorn on both ends

And then we wait on Victor...

Chet going to face some real comp in March - he hasn’t looked impressive against the elite yet (small sample size of course)

Ran the sim on Tankathon's mock once. Knicks would be lucky as hell :lol:

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 2.20.48 PM.png

You just made my day.

😍

Chet would fit in nicely on Detroit's team. They showed glimpses of actual defensive potential down the stretch of the Celtics game the other night when they had Cade/Bey/Grant/Stew out there. Those dudes are all 6'6"+ and were competing. Adding a rim protector like Chet would help even further.

Looking at mocks...why do the Blazers have 2 lottery picks? 1 is of course there own but who is the other one coming from?

Looking at mocks...why do the Blazers have 2 lottery picks? 1 is of course there own but who is the other one coming from?
Seems like there is some conflicting info. There's a Woj tweet that says the New Orleans pick comes to Portland if it falls between 5-14. Then there's also an ESPN article that says the pick is protected if it lands 5-14.

I'm gonna go with Woj though.

Honestly I don’t know what I’m talking about. Haven’t watched a minute of college ball this year. I just saw the White American and immediately became skeptical :lol:

You see stars in this draft?
I could see the "top 3 guys" (Chet/Jabari/Banchero) all being all-stars.

Jaden Ivey reminds me a lot of Donovan Mitchell. Probably my favorite player in the draft.

I think Ben Mathurin and AJ Griffin are both going to be really good with a shot at being all-star caliber.

Jaden Ivey reminds me a lot of Donovan Mitchell. Probably my favorite player in the draft.

I think Ben Mathurin and AJ Griffin are both going to be really good with a shot at being all-star caliber.
Also Sharpe is a wildcard

If someone took him top 5 it'd be understandable

I saw recently the Spanish PG kid at Real Madrid, Carlos Alocen tore his knee last week.

I don’t think he was leaving yet, probably wouldn’t make the first round anyway. But damn, feel bad for him. :smh:

I'm just not really familiar with him yet so didn't mention.
Apparently from that article that was posted it's a unique situation on scouting him, which I guess has been almost nothing

I've just seen his Prep highlights but.... they are.... very impressive. Got the footwork off the dribble game already and pretty bouncy. Off first glance I feel like he's got some SGA in him but like a beefier version and more of a 2

Them Canadians are mutating

Thanks.

I’ll be on the lookout.

Damn you guys are saying 5 potential all stars in the top 10? That’s how I know this draft is way overrated. When’s the last time that ever happened?

Damn you guys are saying 5 potential all stars in the top 10? That’s how I know this draft is way overrated. When’s the last time that ever happened?
Eh, not saying they're locks

I think Chet can def be an All-Star

Jabari, Banchero are kind of murky but how can you say there's no way they'd get there

The others... idk about that but fine

I don't think people are at all saying this is going to be a special kind of draft class

Back
Top Bottom