[h1]Amar'e, Knicks On Verge Of Agreement[/h1]Jul 05, 2010 4:40 PM EST

Stoudemire_Amare_phx.jpg
A source reports that Amar'e Stoudemire is on the verge of joining the Knicks as a free agent.

The forward met with the Knicks on Monday and the two sides are on the brink of finalizing a contract worth nearly $100 million over five years. The contract language has already been hammered out.

Stoudemire will meet with owner James Dolan at 4 p.m.

I just like that out of all the big names that weren't staying with their team Amare took the initiative and made the move to NY to help attract other players.

Nobody else has done that and I think that's make the biggest difference in all of this. Had Bosh not have been greedy and went to Chi and said hey Bron come here things would look grim for us, same if he went to Miami.

Not the same scenario with DWade saying lets go play elsewhere and the truth of the matter is the Heat just with Wade isn't that attractive for several reasons.

I don't care what anybody says the Nets never had a chance. You can tell with Avery's comments he was just happy to be there
laugh.gif
Anybody going there isn't looking to win right now. So unless he's getting a guilt trip to stay in Cle no reason to stay.

you know, I like how Donnie has done things for 2 years in the overall strategy of this process.

He hasn't waited, he has been pro-active. He was the first to dump salary -- didn't wait till this past year or past couple weeks. He got his work and done and outlined a plan. Which, IMO..was why the 'bad presentation' crap was laughable. They gave themselves 2 years to know what they want, and how to get it.

He's made some mistakes, most recently, this past draft...I was ready to have him hit the road 2 weeks ago if he didn't land LeBron, but he's done well when you look at the big picture.

even now, he's the first to act, and go get somebody. Puts us in a nice situation. Taking Amare off the board (and with JJ re-upped), it essentially takes two of; New Jersey, Miami, Chicago out of the LeBron chase. And if Wade/Bosh team up, it comes down to NY/Cleveland like it was thought to be from the jump.

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

What centers are FAs?
These are the unrestricteds I found.
Real: Brad Miller, Shaq, Brendan Haywood, Jermaine O'Neal, 

Jokes: Big Z, Theo Ratliff (Cha), Kurt Thomas, Kwame Brown, Ben Wallace, DJ Mbenga, Josh Powell, Earl Barron

Originally Posted by Al3xis

you know, I like how Donnie has done things for 2 years in the overall strategy of this process.

He hasn't waited, he has been pro-active. He was the first to dump salary -- didn't wait till this past year or past couple weeks. He got his work and done and outlined a plan. Which, IMO..was why the 'bad presentation' crap was laughable. They gave themselves 2 years to know what they want, and how to get it.

He's made some mistakes, most recently, this past draft...I was ready to have him hit the road 2 weeks ago if he didn't land LeBron, but he's done well when you look at the big picture.

even now, he's the first to act, and go get somebody. Puts us in a nice situation. Taking Amare off the board (and with JJ re-upped), it essentially takes two of; New Jersey, Miami, Chicago out of the LeBron chase. And if Wade/Bosh team up, it comes down to NY/Cleveland like it was thought to be from the jump.

CO SIGN
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

we were the most desperate and at the same time the most aggressive. Donnie is already good in my book. He cleaned up the garbage in two years. Him and mike drafted gallanari when mist people thought it was insane (me included) and got a top 3 power forward who looks ready and is embracing for the challenge of playing in NYC.

If he signs lebron, Walsh gets a statue

Yo what happened to Jermaine O'Neal? Injuries? He was on his way to being an all star caliber center. He would be a good pick up.

Shaq just doesn't fit D'Antoni's system. Brad will cost too much.

Postby andrenym00 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:50 pm
# CBSSports.com link on the Stoudemire-#Knicks developments. More updates to come. #NBA http://bit.ly/9pRRle half a minute ago via TweetDeck

* Retweet

#

Stoudemire and MSG chairman James Dolan began meeting at 4:15 p.m. ET, a gathering first reported by @WojYahooNBA. Verbal agreement expected 1 minute ago via TweetDeck

* Retweet

#

Once #Knicks get Amar'e commitment, it will provide what rest of #NBA has been waiting to see from LeBron/Wade: Decision and direction. 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

* Retweet

#

First shoe is about to drop in the summer of 2010: #Knicks and Stoudemire ready to move forward with five-year, $99.8 million deal. #NBA 4 minutes ago via TweetDeck

if this team came together, Tyson Chandler would probably be my preference for a realistic option at center when he's a FA next year.

Originally Posted by MeloVP

493px-Amare_Stoudamire_and_Gilbert_Arenas%2C_Nov_2009.jpg

pimp.gif
our most explosive player since..??
Find one without Arenas... DoubleJs is gonna come in and say something like "Those two are gonna be Knicks soon enough
pimp.gif
"

Originally Posted by Al3xis

if this team came together, Tyson Chandler would probably be my preference for a realistic option at center when he's a FA next year.
Agreed.

I think he'd fit alongside Amare perfectly.

We're going to need a defensive big to round out the roster.

what up with jerome jordan? is he a knick or not..haven't heard anything?

roll.gif
at espn talking about bron and melo in NY

these %*@@*%# %%+@*%#% jumping ship now

i'd only want one or the other..bron-gallo-melo would be ridiculous

we'd average like 160 a game

Back
Top Bottom