22 Yrs. old... finally decided it was time to get a credit card.

I'm pretty decent at money management, but from y'all credit experienced folks... care to list some do's anddon't when it comes down to credit cards?

nerd.gif

if you've survived without a credit card this long, i wouldn't abuse the thing...sure, use it for purchases, but only use it if you are gonna pay itback with money that's ALREADY IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!! don't spend if you don't got it man. just be careful and you'll be fine.

I really do need a credit card. Had one in college, never got into debt, but just used it to build up credit.

I do need one for emergencies though.

don't carry it in your wallet, just leave it at home on your desk/drawer. carry a debit, and when you do use your credit card make sure you will be able topay it off.

just make sure you got a low APR interest rate. i got 7.9 and always pay more than the mininum payment

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

if you've survived without a credit card this long, i wouldn't abuse the thing...sure, use it for purchases, but only use it if you are gonna pay it back with money that's ALREADY IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!! don't spend if you don't got it man. just be careful and you'll be fine.

ohwell.gif

I can't play with a credit card right now, I'm on a frenzy for richyung, cavi (got some of their new stuff from their fall line) it's unbelievable.I should stop but if it's hot it's copped.
happy.gif

I need one, I'm broke as hell, for legitimate reasons though. I know how to manage my money though.

I have a Nordstrom retail card that i can only use in the store (low limit right now), which builds up my credit and doesn't allow me to use itirresponsibly.

lol.. I always find it funny that the people without credit cards are always the ones who want to give you advice on them. I have a few and my advice is tojust pay the bills on time and if you have a no intrest period, pay off your charges within that period and you'll be fine. Use cash for anything youwouldnt want anyone to know you have. Seriously. All that %++$'s tracked.

I went stupid this year when i got hella credit....4 cc's bills due at the end of the month aint whats up

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

question: I have 0 credit, if I want to open myself a cell phone line can I do it?
That's one way people build credit.

dont listen to the idiots that dont know how to take care of their money.

as you long as you make your payments, you're good.

Just make sure you can pay more than the minimum (not necessarily the whole thing, but more than the min.) and you'll be fine.

And by more than the min, I mean say if the min is like 20, pay like 100-150 at least.

I just got a card that i put food and gas on and pay off in full every month. Soon to get my own cell phone plan w/ sprint so that should be good.

I have a Mastercard, a Visa, and a phone bill all in my name. You just have control of your spending habits and you'll be ok. I wanted to go with Amex, butmy credit history is still not strong enough yet.

but only use it if you are gonna pay it back with money that's ALREADY IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course. Only reason I got the card was to start building my history, not to abuse money that I really don't have
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom