23 Yr Old Snapchat CEO Turns Down 3 Billion Offer From FB

I dont understand how a person with basic knowledge of economics turns down 3 billion dollars.

You can live whatever kind of lifestyle you want with that kind of money.
Just to be clear, it's not $3 billion straight cash.

But still, with the residual $$$, I'd put my whole family on. 

laugh.gif

Last edited:
No matter what Systrom says, he shoulda waited to sell Instagram to FB as well.

With basically no help from them their worth was 10x that measly billion Zuck dropped for it.

Spiegel didn't make the same mistake and will be rewarded as such.

his explanation of being under-staffed & fb filling out the capabilities necessary to scale seemed to be a sensible rationale, no? especially if in his gut he may have felt like he couldn't do it on his own?

his explanation of being under-staffed & fb filling out the capabilities necessary to scale seemed to be a sensible rationale, no? especially if in his gut he may have felt like he couldn't do it on his own?

Would it really have been that hard for him to do a round of funding and make some hires?

If he didn't feel comfortable doing that I don't see how you even want him as CEO.

As we've seen, Zuck would've made them an even bigger offer, so it's not as if he couldn't have still had the same position he has now with more $$$/stock.

Last edited:
I dont understand how a person with basic knowledge of economics turns down 3 billion dollars.

You can live whatever kind of lifestyle you want with that kind of money.

Just to be clear, it's not $3 billion straight cash.

But still, with the residual $$$, I'd put my whole family on. 

:lol:

$3billion straight cash is bananas.

Good lord that would be the come up of all come ups

No, I would never work at FB/ IG.

I will be drinking their booze at their holiday party on the 15th though [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

You can live that lifetime 8 times over if you don't bust your balls at the first offer

http://www.wsj.com/articles/snap-begins-the-ipo-process-1479244471

IPO projected at $25 billion by March

So how much money will Evan get out of the projected 25 Billion ?

How does the IPO money go into the owners pocket? I know they own shares, but you have to sell to realize gains .
A ton of his net worth will be tied up in restricted stock. He'll have to wait until after the lock up period expires to even begin selling and even if he starts he won't aggressively diversify away from it because he needs to show conviction in the company.

Last edited:
Read the story on how Evan did his partner/mans dirty. Cold Game man :smh:

I wonder how much his ex partner got in the settlement

Y'all ****** hiring??

I guess everybody's idea is stolen :lol:. Didn't Zuckerberg steal it from those twins if the movie is accurate.

Last edited:
Bill stole, Steve stole, mark stole, the pilgrims stole.

It's all about the execution tho

They stole but this one that Evan did was straight scumbag stuff. How you change passwords & block your cofounder out and stop answering calls :lol:. Allegedly

Back
Top Bottom