23 Yr Old Snapchat CEO Turns Down 3 Billion Offer From FB

Twitter is indispensable and serves a unique purpose among all the social networks. It will never grow to even half the size of FB because it's purpose (raw, real time news, what's happening) doesn't appeal to the masses (billions) and is borderline niche. But I do think it can grow to somewhere around the ~500M monthly active user amount if they can make it easier to use. 
As an investor in TWTR, my main concern is attrition rate. I myself have tried several times to become an "active user" all in vain. 

Welp. IPO priced a dollar above the range. 24B valuation 3.4B raise.

I have no faith in picture twitter. Lets see what happens in 18 months

Last edited:
Short this company

Wait for the impending Spiegel/Kerr divorce and profit

Buy on the initial and sell soon after and short.

Thinking about playing the IPO
What is SNAP's upside?

well they have the attention of a coveted demographic, and if you read anything about snap the supposedly evan spiegel is the second coming of steve jobs and "understands product" better than their competitors...it seems like snap has a lot a room to grow but who knows?

That demographic is fickle when it comes to the hottest thing out. Twitter had that same attention and it got them nowhere

It's significantly over valued given the long term prospects of the company and the industry. Subscriber growth is waning and the cost of attaining new subscribers is expensive, they have never turned a profit, and Instagram has already copied their model with triple the user base - 450 Million to 150

The valuation is insane. They just went public at the right time equity markets are soaring the writing on the wall isnt apparent yet, people are hardly talking about the lack of subscriber growth, I still don't know how the plan to make money, and on top of that I still don't see how snapchat crosses generational gaps.

Shout out to them for turning cool to cash though.

Please listen

HBO and The Ringer's Bill Simmons is joined by Stratechery founder Ben Thompson to discuss the Apple–LeBron James comparison (6:00), Netflix's dominance (14:00), Hulu's handicap (21:00), Twitter's lack of evolution (27:00), Facebook and Google's advertising strategy (37:00), Slack's upside (43:00), and the perks of living in Taiwan (52:00). HBOAppleNetflixGoogleFacebookSlackHulu -

:lol: @ Ecook's endless positivity through the hate.

I feel you though, wish y'all luck.

I'm sure you know a lot more about what's on the horizon especially product wise than anybody else speculating.

Twitter started at 41 and went up to 69 in a couple of months. It's now sitting at 16 :rolleyes

I feel like Snap will just follow the same path. The hype cannot be sustained when the quarterly results start coming in.

I just don't see it :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

It's not hate. I have no stake in this nor am I gonna short it. Their EBIDTA is -500MM yet its trading at 25X sales. It's the highest valued large cap stock in America.

For a company that's not turning a profit. That is ridiculous. I've seen this story before. GoPro Shake shack Twitter twilio etc etc. If anything I'd have less faith in this than I did those.

I guess Ecook works there, this isn't shade bro trust me, that's a great opportunity you've had right there, I hope it all goes well and you flourish.

Guess we'll see. To me this is just your standard case of hype retail demand is through the roof the ipo was multiple times over subscribed etc etc.

Last edited:
Snap is the most disposable of the big 4 social media networks. Don't get too attached to them. Get in, get out.

Word, I'm surprised Facebook hasn't integrated Snapchat-like features into IG the way they did w/ the videos to compete w/ Vine. Add those stupid filters and the privacy component and it's a wrap for Snap.

Twitter is and will always be better suited as a companion to a larger platform.

A lot of knowledgeable Snap people, impressed. Wonder what they have up their sleeves with ad sales...

It's not hate. I have no stake in this nor am I gonna short it. Their EBIDTA is -500MM yet its trading at 25X sales. It's the highest valued large cap stock in America.

For a company that's not turning a profit. That is ridiculous. I've seen this story before. GoPro Shake shack Twitter twilio etc etc. If anything I'd have less faith in this than I did those.

I guess Ecook works there, this isn't shade bro trust me, that's a great opportunity you've had right there, I hope it all goes well and you flourish.

Guess we'll see. To me this is just your standard case of hype retail demand is through the roof the ipo was multiple times over subscribed etc etc.

one of the things that has become apparent to me about this world is that it is really a bet on the person (spiegels, woodmans, dorseys) to figure it or something out, the other stuff matters but seemingly not as much to the money guys...

Back
Top Bottom