24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Does this mean I can finally get rid of my completely useless Platinum card w/o closing it??? :smokin:evil:

If you have another CapOne credit card, you can combine both cards.

That's how I got rid of my (useless) Platinum card that was charging me an annual fee + no benefits. I combined it with my Quicksilver.

So I'm assuming a capital one card is a good card to get judging how every one has one? I decided to get a cc and now looking for the best one to get, although I have a feeling I won't use it much just because I don't like oweing lol

I ike my quicksilver for the 1.5% back on all purchases.

They're offering me Vantage with 1.25 miles per dollar spent. Leaning toward staying Quicksilver. Anyone got some perspective?

So I'm assuming a capital one card is a good card to get judging how every one has one? I decided to get a cc and now looking for the best one to get, although I have a feeling I won't use it much just because I don't like oweing lol

Capital one was my first credit card. They're easier to get for new customers/people fixing their credit, then other card companies. They have different tiers of cards, if you do well on the lower cards you can get upgraded.

I like my quicksilver because of the 1.5% cashback. Pretty much my main card I use besides my discover it.

Score dipped because of the opening of the new account. But after about two months, and one hard inquiry leaving my report, two straight weeks of my score going up. :nthat:

Does this close my current Cap One account? cuz my capital one is my oldest credit card. Don't want to upgrade if it's gonna "remove" it from my credit history.

That was my hold up w/ keeping my Plat since it was my oldest (8 years :sick:). Everything stays the same, except the card type (same number, apr, blah blah) so you good.

Is high APR for a credit card bad? I was bout to open a capital one card and I saw the APR is 24 so I pulled out because I don't fully know what that means for a card. LIke I know fora cat loan it makes your payments higher.

Is high APR for a credit card bad? I was bout to open a capital one card and I saw the APR is 24 so I pulled out because I don't fully know what that means for a card. LIke I know fora cat loan it makes your payments higher.
APR is ur interest rate calculated with all your fees

As long as you pay the card off in full every month and don’t leave a balance, the apr won’t hurt you at all. If you plan on carrying a balance on your card from time to time, yes it will be bad.

That was my hold up w/ keeping my Plat since it was my oldest (8 years :sick:). Everything stays the same, except the card type (same number, apr, blah blah) so you good.

Good looks. I have no use for my Plat... I charge my Netflix and Spotify on it but leave it at home otherwise since I have no use for it/was my first credit card outta high school.

FYI Amex offering 7k MR points if you spend >$325 at Tory Burch for any early Christmas shoppers out there. Bout to cop something there for my girl for Christmas.

Chase says I’m pre-qualified for:
Freedom Unlimited
Slate
Freedom
Sapphire Preferred

My score is only 679. Which one gets me the best shot of getting approved? Maybe just the Freedom or Slate? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom