24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Would I be able to get a entry level unsecured card with chase with a 609 score ? I been using a secured card for the past 6 months and it's jumped up from 450. I don't want to apply and get denied not trying to have a hard inquiry

I would wait, 609 still pretty low.

you've done really good for 6 months. id wait a few more months before applying for a card IMO. like you said the risk of being denied would be annoying

I close on my first home in march. Once my stuff updates on credit karma my score will be like 733 on there. I know my actual score is lower but it will still be over 700. Feels good. And the house should help immensely in the coming years

Im about to request increases for my cabelas, discover, and capital one. Also going to get rid of my AMEX green card(pay off monthly) for one of their real credit cards.

Might cancel this wack credit one account i have after everything settles. I know it will hurt short term but id rather replace it with a legit card like citi or chase

How many cards is too many cards to apply for at one time? I've been targeted for Discover IT and TD Cash cards and one the former for the cash back and the latter for the $200 cash back after spending $500.

How many cards is too many cards to apply for at one time? I've been targeted for Discover IT and TD Cash cards and one the former for the cash back and the latter for the $200 cash back after spending $500.
3-5 max at the same time don't go over that..then wait at least 6 months

Sup bros this thread has really helped me get on track from FICO 550 a couple years ago to 703 today.

Currently have a Discover, and Chase can anyone recommend another good 0% balance transfer card - gonna use it for the chase.

Sup bros this thread has really helped me get on track from FICO 550 a couple years ago to 703 today.

Currently have a Discover, and Chase can anyone recommend another good 0% balance transfer card - gonna use it for the chase.
What Chase card do you have? Look at the Slate if it's not that. Otherwise, Citi has good options. Like 15 or 18 months with 0% APR.

Probably can't use the chase slate to transfer a balance from chase. Bank of America has a pretty good balance transfer card.

Last edited:
I have the Chase Slate and used it for a balance transfer. 0% interest for the first 15 months and $0 balance transfer fee if done within first 60 days of opening th account. And no annual fee.

I was approved instantly (690 credit score) and the transfer took a little over a week to be reflected in both accounts.

Its on you to stay disciplined and pay it off within the 15 month intro period. This card is only good for balance transfers, not for you if looking for perks/points.

I just got my first loan (first car lease at 32 years old lol), so I dipped a bit (790ish) but will be better than ever in a year or two when I’m ready for that mortgage...

Just got a new card from Citi (they finally shut down my old *** Forward legacy, card was the truth when I was young then became trash real quick), hope the new card doesn’t change my age of account, it’s my oldest one I think.

Love the It (best overall card imo, Discover is legit), Freedom (revolving categories are nice, usually bang out all $75 quarterly for around $300 cb on $6000) and my new go-to is probably the BoA Cash Rewards. 2% supermarkets and wholesale, 3% gas.

Looking into that TD tho, may go after that 3% dining and $200 bonus. Waiting on another mega offer from American Airlines too (can I get the 75k miles again, please?).

Can anybody recommend any apps for card management? I just want something where I can add all my cards and it will send me notifications when my payments are due and things like that

Would I be able to get a entry level unsecured card with chase with a 609 score ? I been using a secured card for the past 6 months and it's jumped up from 450. I don't want to apply and get denied not trying to have a hard inquiry

Anybody ?

TD cash card looks like a decent card but their mobile site looks janky. Really skeptical about choosing a new card, discover got me spoiled

What's a good first credit card to get. My credit score on credit karma is between 615 and 622 right now just dropped a lil bit but all my payment are on time and all my accounts are In good standing. I feel like me not having a credit card is hurting my score more then anything

Back
Top Bottom