24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

What’s the best way to dispute missed payments appearing on your credit report? I have 1 from last year that says it was 30 days late but it wasn’t and every time I dispute through credit karma nothing is done.

Would paying a chunk of debt that's in collections raise my score significantly?

How old are they? Try to get a pay for delete before you do it. Are you building your credit to buy a home, car or just to improve your score?

Would paying a chunk of debt that's in collections raise my score significantly?

Sidenote: from what i was told, after 7 years your “collection debt” goes away. Is this true? Now how does that affect ur credit after the 7 years?

I have a low 700 credit score (when I last checked)

What credit card can I apply for that will give me atleast 15k ?

Any input is appreciated

I just applied for a Delta Gold card to take advantage of 50k bonus miles when I spend $1,000 in 3 months (which I can almost do in gas alone). Mutha****as approved me for 10Gs... wasn't expecting that much, but I definitely won't be using anywhere near that!

Those cc's for macys, nordstorms, target, are they worth it?

Depends. Do you shop there often? Then yes. But remember, they don't offer any sign up bonuses, cash back, or points/miles. Also very high interest rates.

There are other alternatives with better rewards and lower APR which you can apply for.

My first CC was a Macy's card and it has worked well for me, but you definitely don't want to rack it up. They used to be really good with the coupons, extra $20 off $50 had me buying new Polos damn near every week...

Depends. Do you shop there often? Then yes. But remember, they don't offer any sign up bonuses, cash back, or points/miles. Also very high interest rates.

There are other alternatives with better rewards and lower APR which you can apply for.

Wife shops there often. I signed up for it over the weekend and they told me 16% apr rate.... Didnt really like that but the cash register lady told me thats the lowest shes ever seen.

That’s not necessarily true. I don’t know how it still is but about ten years ago when I moved out on my own I signed up for a Macy’s card because they offered like an extra 20% off everything for 2-3 days after approval. I did it because I bought a sectional from them and saved a couple hundred dollars (of course went back the next day and bought a whole bunch of clothes I didn’t need). They also have exclusive coupons for cardholders, but you can get similar ones without, not that big of a deal.

I’m sure other big retailers offer similar incentives.

All in all though, I wouldn’t opt for a store card unless you shop there very often or you get a specific offer that makes it worth it.

Bank statement showing funds were applied to the payment..sorry I missed the original post
I have to check but most likely yes. I received the notification that I missed a payment on Aug 3rd but the 30 day mark for being late would've been Aug 15th.

My score dropped 10 points because I made a claim on a fraudulent charge. Smh. How long will this stay on my report?

I’ve had my Capital One for I’ve 6 months or so now constantly using and paying

It’s a low limit

When would be a good time to request a credit increase?

Would me switching jobs recently impact that?(my pay increased but I just started)

Back
Top Bottom