25 and older Jordan heads

29 here, I buy what I like. I'm one of those OG heads tho, I typically buy OG colorways unless I really like the retro+. (i.e. toro 4's) I have a hard time buying anything else cause I've been wearing Jordan's as far as sneakers since I can remember and every time I say I'm done something else comes back
mean.gif
. LOL The first pair I remember having was the military 4's in kindergarten and all my boys drove me because I had small feet so mine just said Nike in the back and my wings were stitched to the sides. ah the memories!

29 over here and these last few years sucks being a sneakerhead. The glory days of casually walking into a store and copping kicks are long gone. I need to form relationships with staff and have a programmer just to have a shot at copping kicks now n days
eyes.gif
. Thought about falling back and not copping but never could bring myself to it. 200 pairs in and still going!!!
QFT, the concords started the downward spiral to me, I have a connect and I can get my hands on just about anything and got flaked on those. They haunt me til this day
mean.gif

Last edited:
I'm 31, and ur right. The Concords was the start of this crazy resell/hypebeast/RSVP bot era. I remember when you made the big bucks off of reselling old, classic OG kicks from ur personal collection. Now the big money is on shoes that have no value and drop every other damn Saturday.

Back in the days the real banned shoes in school were BK's and K-SWISS.    If you're from L.A. you'll know what I'm talking about. 

Yeah, not really relevant, but the jam brought back them memories. 

Last edited:
Don't fret, at the price of them DB5's are going for on Ebay, I'd resell too if all the releases gave that huge of a profit margin. 
I just like looking at shoes. Sometimes my bot gets me multiples and I just examine them and if I don't like them in hand I'll give it to my friend or sell them. Not a big deal. Pretty much done with the shoe game I think until the gamma Jordan's

34 here, black 5s were my first pair, i remember the Jordan calendar that came out that year and the last month showed the 6s that would be coming out next year.... My friends and I went crazy they just looked like they were from another planet! They had all the clear around the air pocket, it was insane! LOL I got the sport blue 6s, I remember back to school shopping I had to pick between the 6s or a Notre Dame Starter jacket. Those from that era know how dope Starters were, kids were getting jacked for them in 5th grade. Ah the memories!

34 here, black 5s were my first pair, i remember the Jordan calendar that came out that year and the last month showed the 6s that would be coming out next year.... My friends and I went crazy they just looked like they were from another planet! They had all the clear around the air pocket, it was insane! LOL I got the sport blue 6s, I remember back to school shopping I had to pick between the 6s or a Notre Dame Starter jacket. Those from that era know how dope Starters were, kids were getting jacked for them in 5th grade. Ah the memories!
Starter jackets were def the ish but you better watch your back if you had an 8 Ball jacket. That was the one you got jumped for at my school. Lol

Starter jackets were def the ish but you better watch your back if you had an 8 Ball jacket. That was the one you got jumped for at my school. Lol
Lol, I remember Starter jackets. Around my way, you got messed with if you wore a Georgetown Hoyas one!

Ah the starter Jackets. I remember them. I had bulls and cowboys pullover ones. I'm a 31 who still likes to buy Jordans and other classic sneakers. I'm not collector since I try to wear all my kicks when I can but only wear them on weekends since I work. I try to keep them clean. Back in the days I usually wore whatever my parents can afford but they tried hard and I at least I can buy one pair of good sneakers a year so it was tough just picking one. Now I have 2 little girls and they both have about 20. I usually just buy for them since now its too much of an hassle to buy J's. If I really want one a pair I don't mind paying a little extra but I'm not trying to pay crazy money from these resellers. I'm not done buying but now i just send my extra money to mortgage principle instead of buying J's.

Last edited:
I would but I live in hot *** Houston and wouldn't be able to rock it even in the winter. I might get one for nostalgic purposes. 

Haha...Yall got on the kick of starter jackets...Love it!...

Got a Cowboys pullover for Christmas 93'...Stunted in that thing like crazy...Rocked it with my White / Black IX's there wasn't anybody who could touch me :lol:...

I still rock all my kicks as much as I can.  Last I checked I was over 200, and while I do still have some that is DS, I rock my kicks habitually, and faithfully.  Just sad that my 2000 Laneys are virtually done.  Thank God they're coming out in November.  But, shoes are meant to be worn.  And should only be sold if you are financial constraints.  Not because you're trying to prey on others who couldn't obtain a pair.  Just my .02

I had a starter back in 96 thanks to my uncle who bought me a jacket cause my dad wouldn't cough up the funds. I was in Chicago at the time and caught so much issh for choosing a Magic over the Bulls . Well I'm trying to track one down now because my uncle passed away and I would love to honor his memory by having that same starter he bought me. Kind of cheesy to some but it would mean the world to me.

I would but I live in hot *** Houston and wouldn't be able to rock it even in the winter. I might get one for nostalgic purposes. 
You know back when we actually had winters here in the H starters were the ****nit.  I will never forget I had a black miami hurricanes and a charlotte hornets.... and I bought them at like 75% off when a local store in the mall was going out of business.  If your jacket didn't have the LARGE team logo on the back you weren't stunting... LOL.

I still remember capping on this dude who would sport his starter jacket almost every day even when it wasn't so cold.... 

I told him "bro you've worn that starter so much it's finished." LOL 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom