25 Most Dangerous Colleges

Originally Posted by Joshuatree2192

How is Alabama State not on the list? Its right in the middle of the hood
laugh.gif
that's what i was thinking. but alabama a&m is on there.
the only thing that's really unsafe about a&m is the std rates lol
but naw i can't really remember anything happening there except some dude got shot a few years back. maybe i'm just misinformed

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

can't say I agree with this by any means.

Emerson college? that school is in downtown Boston in one of the nicer areas near Boston Common and the Theater district.

Tufts University? always felt very safe in that area.
Although in the past 5+ years the Common and Theater district has been cleaned up. There are still a lot of blatant drug use and dealing thatgoes on all day and night.

M.I.T. is pretty close to Central Square, same thing applies.

Tufts, I cant figure that one out.

All in all I'm still surprised these schools are that high. It just goes to show not everyone has the same idea of what feeling safe is.

Originally Posted by Xplicit213

No Virginia Tech?
Because of a few recent incidents? Campus is quiet as +$#$. After dark, no one is out because they are all either studying or drunk.

smh.gif
.... not suprised to see NCCU , NSU, but I am suprised to see Hampton...and
eek.gif
@ 2 VA schools...

That list is crap, one big crime by a crazy person does not make a school unsafe or a festering hotbed of crime. Seems like they just threw in schools in thenews recently and urban schools. Sure they got some right.

Where's USC and UChicago?? Not surprised Harvard's on there, or any other Ivies for that matter.

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Where's USC and UChicago?? Not surprised Harvard's on there, or any other Ivies for that matter.

Any more background info? I assumed because of their prestigious status, the surrounding areas were nice too.

Yale? it's in the center of the city, I go to school in the same city but in the actual outskirts of the city where it gets worse. And no Temple orDrexel???

how the hell is Temple U not number 1,2, and 3 on that list. Temple is in the heart of the jungle.

this list is bogus. Yale? Harvard?

Yes, no Syracuse
pimp.gif

Gotta remember that most schools are on cheap land in bad neighborhoods. That's always going to attract crime.

Brown is on thayer st. thayer st is the hot spot after clubs. and you know fights always happen after clubs.

As small as the 757 is, we get two in the top 15
smh.gif

NCCU's problem is it's location. It's in the worst part Durham right in the middle of the hood.

Originally Posted by romedadude

#1 Emerson College
#2 St. Xavier University
#3 University of Maryland - Baltimore
#4 Tufts University
#5 MIT
#6 University of Maryland - Eastern Shore
#7 Grambling State University
#8 South Caroline State
#9 Bowie State
#10 North Carolina Central
#11 Fitchburg State
#12 Illinois Institute of Technology
#13 Hampton University
#14 University of Baltimore
#15 Norfolk State University
#16 California State University - Monteray Bay
#17 Springfield College
#18 Brown
#19 Buffalo State
#20 Harvard
#21 Alabama A&M
#22 New Jersey Institute of Technology
#23 Yale
#24 University of California - Riverside
#25 The College of Saint Rose

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-09-18/how-safe-is-your-college/

My college is on here, but I feel safe on campus.
Tufts takes yet another L

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

MIT???
Yale & Harvard too.
laugh.gif

No surprise on North Carolina Central, that's a ghetto !%% school.
smh.gif

Damn, you just took us out!
laugh.gif

But, I think that Duke rape scandal and a student being murdered back in 2007 factored into us being #10 in these rankings. It's my 2nd year here and therehasn't been anything that has happened on the campus that doesn't happen anywhere else.

Originally Posted by Killmatic07

Yale? it's in the center of the city, I go to school in the same city but in the actual outskirts of the city where it gets worse. And no Temple or Drexel???

NEW HAVEN
pimp.gif

where you go fam SCSU?

BLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

I checked in fear of seeing ODU
laugh.gif

Not shocked @ NSU its safer than it was but its still not rosy...ODU will be there next yr it's been a damn war zone out here since school started
tired.gif

Norfolk is losing
laugh.gif

lol at Eastern Shore... basically what happens when you take a bunch of hood _'s and put them in a farm in the middle of nowhere.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
i know someonewho graduated from there and she said people were always gettin stabbed smh.
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

DMV puttin in work
pimp.gif
. Howard and UMCP probably in the 25-50 range
laugh.gif
word.

and i don't know how they left out Coppin St. its probably worse than Bowie.

Originally Posted by meshies

how the hell is Temple U not number 1,2, and 3 on that list. Temple is in the heart of the jungle.

this list is bogus. Yale? Harvard?

Temple was one of the most hilarious/unorganized Open Houses I ever attended...nevermind that i left out the back and walked right into the hood
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom