27 mind blowing pictures of "The Wreck of Costa Concordia"

30t6p3b.gif

I'm would've tripped and fallen into a lifeboat too, I'm not about that life

gorilla-walking-away-gif.gif

"Damn I dun goofed, oh well peace!!"

Titanic Comparison

Several media outlets claimed the ship had been unlucky from the beginning and compared it to the Titanic. "It was born bad and ended up worse’, the Italian newspaper il Giornalesaid in a headline on Sunday 15 January 2012. The media have brought up the following incidents as evidence of the ship's bad luck:

- When the Costa Concordia was christened by supermodel Eva Herzigová on 7 July 2006, the champagne bottle did not break against the side of the ship — an omen of bad luck amongst seafarers.

- On 22 November 2008, the ship suffered damage to her bow when high winds over the Sicilian city of Palermo pushed the ship against its dock.

- The ship began sinking on Friday the 13th.

- The theme from the 1997 film Titanic was claimed to be playing in a restaurant as the ship went down.

- A survivor of the cruise ship disaster, Valentina Capuano, age 30, and granddaughter of a woman who survived the Titanic tragedy 100 years earlier, said she was ‘dumbstruck’ that history was repeating itself.

- Rich Lowry, writing for the New York Post, compared Captain Schettino's actions unfavourably with those of Edward Smith, captain of the RMS Titanic. Lowry suggests that when the Titanic sank, it was "women and children first", but this chivalry was less noticeable aboard the Costa Concordia.A. N. Wilson, writing for the Daily Mail, and Andrew Bolt of the Herald Sunexpressed similar sentiments.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

How is that involuntary manslaughter though?

Man clearly made a mistake out of negligence and laziness.
Because due to his negligence and laziness he killed people, duh. Same way if you kill someone with a car in certain cases you can be charged with manslaughter.

Dude dipped out of that cruise ship like George Costanza getting out of that apartment that caught on fire.
laugh.gif

I'm afraid of large bodies of water but does anyone find the fact that the ship sunk really close to shore underwhelming--especially the person comparing it to the Titanic

What kinda ship Captain is afraid to swim to shore? I can't swim so maybe I shouldnt be talking
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
Do you know what "Involuntary manslaughter" is?

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

laugh.gif
Do you know what "Involuntary manslaughter" is?

Yeah I just realized how stupid sounding my post was.
laugh.gif

Honestly too lazy to explain what I really mean. I'll do it tomorrow.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I'm afraid of large bodies of water but does anyone find the fact that the ship sunk really close to shore underwhelming--especially the person comparing it to the Titanic

What kinda ship Captain is afraid to swim to shore? I can't swim so maybe I shouldnt be talking
ohwell.gif

I can swim but I can't tread water so RIP to me if I'm shipwrecked

If Captain Sully ever met met the Italian cruise ship captain, I imagine it'd go something like this.

88-o.gif

s_c10_11419115.jpg

come-on-son1.jpg

Even I can swim this on adrenaline, you're telling me the Captain was shook of a wreck right next to the shore---was he drunk?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

s_c10_11419115.jpg

come-on-son1.jpg

Even I can swim this on adrenaline, you're telling me the Captain was shook of a wreck right next to the shore---was he drunk?
Exactly. People talking about "this aint the movies, there's no dying with honor
indifferent.gif
" when his life wasn't even in danger
laugh.gif
And even if it was, it was HIS fault. He put the passengers in this situation in the first place, so he should be the one getting them out of it. And I'm sure that the passengers still stuck in the lower levels of the ship knew their way around the entire vessel, knew all the escape routes, etc as well as the captain and his crew
eyes.gif

These are the types of dudes that would jump out of plane with their parachutes ASAP if they were pilots facing engine malfunctions, regardless of the 300+ lives that they're responsible for
indifferent.gif
  @#$% honor, it's called having a damn conscience.

Back
Top Bottom