3/30 Mega Millions $640,000,000 vol. New Record

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

This lotto joint is a fraud I watched the first number drawn live and it was a 46 now it's 2 !$%$ is a scam

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Do you even know how this works? The order doesn't matter, if that were the case it would be nearly impossible 
laugh.gif
.  And yes both of those are winning numbers.

when the balls are dropping through the air machine they always are unordered, then theres a separator for the megaball
you gotta order them low to high
laugh.gif

This lotto joint is a fraud I watched the first number drawn live and it was a 46 now it's 2 !$%$ is a scam

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Someone make a bigger stoneface for this...

Originally Posted by JD214

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Someone make a bigger stoneface for this...
rita2.jpg

Spoiler [+]
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Maryland is looking at ltriple digits in the millions in taxes right to them... Just because a winner was announced there. Taxes are awarded to a state that is lucky? I just can't get past how crazy a system the lotteries really are. We are all blinded by the money. I hope many can look at this record setting event, and jump ship forever.

i dont see whats the problem tho..
A lot of states are in a red. Winning the lotto could help so many states, let alone the people who actually picked the numbers... I think the money should be divided among all active states. On my local news, the officials were talking about what it would mean if a local won.... The state of MD won today, along with the other state with big winners.
but like you said this all has to do with LUCK..states that participated got their fair share
and think of it in the winner's perspective
you think he or she wants tax money to go a state that they dont reside in? makes no sense to see other states getting benefits that the winner and/or his/her community will never enjoy.

is this pot gonna reach 640 mill again? when you think?

Went to a Gas station and dude said no one won and the new amount should be 1 Billion. Any truth to this?

i dont see whats the problem tho..
A lot of states are in a red. Winning the lotto could help so many states, let alone the people who actually picked the numbers... I think the money should be divided among all active states. On my local news, the officials were talking about what it would mean if a local won.... The state of MD won today, along with the other state with big winners.
but like you said this all has to do with LUCK..states that participated got their fair share
and think of it in the winner's perspective
you think he or she wants tax money to go a state that they dont reside in? makes no sense to see other states getting benefits that the winner and/or his/her community will never enjoy.
states benefit from lotto sales, not just from winning tickets sold in said state

of course the tax money from the winning ticket would of been huge but on the same hand, most states received a few mil just from ticket sales in the last week or so

a quick google search showed me that my state (CT) received close to 500 mil from the state lottery, thats not bad

Mathematically speaking, wouldn't someone have a better chance at winning by playing the regular lottery as opposed to Mega Millions? A lot of people that normally don't play lotto played because of how enormous the jackpot is. So if you buy 1 ticket, your odds are now 1:#of people that got a ticket..So if 200 million people got a ticket, there's a 1 in 200 million chance that you can win. But if it's just your regular state lotto, your ticket has a higher chance of hitting if there is a winner that day correct? Maybe I'm confusing myself

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Mathematically speaking, wouldn't someone have a better chance at winning by playing the regular lottery as opposed to Mega Millions? A lot of people that normally don't play lotto played because of how enormous the jackpot is. So if you buy 1 ticket, your odds are now 1:#of people that got a ticket..So if 200 million people got a ticket, there's a 1 in 200 million chance that you can win. But if it's just your regular state lotto, your ticket has a higher chance of hitting if there is a winner that day correct? Maybe I'm confusing myself

The odds are the same if you realize that they draw the ping pong balls the EXACT same way. The number of people who participate might affect the number of winners. But if it's a big jackpot like this one, splitting with another winner or 2 ends up being about the same prize as a regular lottery.

Your chances aren't affected by how many people play; you can have X amount of winners who split up the jackpot if needed.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

The point is to hit the jackpot number. There are 175,711,536 different combinations of numbers. Worrying about other people getting tickets shouldn't even matter.

the things is your local state lotteries have better odds of winning. the ny lotto is 1 in 46 million
mega is 1 in 175 something million. state lottos are always much lower than powerball or megamillions since it reflects how much peopled are playing them opposed to mega and power which 44 states participate in. on top that when you factor in the taxes its worth it playing the big games however you have to deal with the higher (tougher) odds of winning

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

the things is your local state lotteries have better odds of winning. the ny lotto is 1 in 46 million
mega is 1 in 175 something million. state lottos are always much lower than powerball or megamillions since it reflects how much peopled are playing them opposed to mega and power which 44 states participate in. on top that when you factor in the taxes its worth it playing the big games however you have to deal with the higher (tougher) odds of winning

The Mega Millions is also harder to hit because the Mega number itself is essentially another drawing.

Back
Top Bottom