30 Jobs that Pay at Least 80k

17. Electrical engineers
Do this
: Design, develop and test the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment.
Get paid: $85,350

pimp.gif

My discipline and occupation!!...

Def not starting salaries tho...

Originally Posted by Regal Black

I've been looking into being a physician assistant. Anyone knows or is currently doing it?

Being a physician I know plenty of PA's. Actually a pretty good gig depending on where you work you can make over 100K close to what primary care docs makewith a lot less responsibility, schooling, and DEBT!

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by swizzc

Originally Posted by Al Audi

11. Management analysts Do this: Figure out best practices of management by conducting studies and procedures to help companies figure out how to operate more effectively. Get paid: $82,920

16. Financial analysts
Do this: Assess the financial situations of an individual or organization.
Get paid: $84,780
#11: My girls job.
pimp.gif

#16: My job.
pimp.gif

Nice, what steps did you take to get there?
1. Was a decent student in high school. Was able to be fortunate enough to go to a top university because I got in for football.
2. Started to really buckle down and study my +#@ off sophomore year of college because I realized what a great opportunity I had in front of me.
3. Went to tons of info sessions on campus with banks my jr year and competed in a few case competitions as well. Was lucky enough to get an internship aftermy jr year of college as an investment banking summer analyst.
4. Worked incredibly long hours that summer to prove that I had it in me to do the job. Usually got into the office around 730am and would leave around 8pm,only because I had to lift/condition for football from 830pm-10pm.
5. Got a full time offer at the end of the summer, accepted it.
6. Was lucky enough to go to a bank that did not freeze hiring/re-neg offers during last year.
7. Started this July, and here I am now.

One thing I can say tho is that before my end of year bonus i dont make 84K or whatever that thing says. I make i make 73k pre bonus (65 starting 8k signingbonus). However I'm expecting my end of year bonus to at least put me over the 90k mark. That's about it man. So as you can see, a lot of hard work butalso some luck. But as my dad always told me, good teams make their own luck.

damn, Congrats man

Glad to see all the hard work is paying off.

You and your girl about to be a power couple if you get married
smokin.gif
lol

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

20. Computer software engineers, applications
Do this: Build computer applications software and code; ensure that all software projects adhere to a company's technology and business standards.
Get paid: $87,900
87k to write code? that's it?
grin.gif

It's very difficult to write code for computer programs. Plus you have to test it out constantly to make sure it works......then you may haveto clean up the code so it can be understood.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

damn, Congrats man

Glad to see all the hard work is paying off.

You and your girl about to be a power couple if you get married
smokin.gif
lol
Thanks man. I take it you are interested in getting into the industry. If you want any advice or anything just shoot me a PM, i'd be more thenhappy to help you with whatever I can (probably not too much at this point haha).

congrats swizzc
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

what was your during your college years while playing football, and what exactly do you do right now?
it seems interesting. i plan on majoring in business/accounting, but im not exactly sure yet. still lost...

Do this: Build computer applications software and code; ensure that all software projects adhere to a company's technology and business standards.
grin.gif

I'm in my senior year as a computer engineering major and we don't just learn code, we have to study computer architecture, electronicsand electronic design automation.... it's a mix of what EE and computer science majors learn because we need to be able write software and apply it to thetech.

Originally Posted by SirDilbert2k10

grin.gif
I'm in my senior year as a computer engineering major and we don't just learn code, we have to study computer architecture, electronics and electronic design automation.... it's a mix of what EE and computer science majors learn because we need to be able write software and apply it to the tech.

That listing is for computer software engineers, not computer engineering majors, mostly cs majors. I'd hate to go through all that computer engineeringjazz to just get a job as a software engineer, that's what cs is for.

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

Originally Posted by omgitswes

grin.gif
that junk pisses me off so much. it's so stressful and tedious they deserve every penny.
that is correct.. I am a computer science major.. this stuff is not easy.. we shud be getting a lot more..
mad.gif

if you're scared to swim...learning will not be easy

Originally Posted by BangDak

congrats swizzc
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

what was your during your college years while playing football, and what exactly do you do right now?
it seems interesting. i plan on majoring in business/accounting, but im not exactly sure yet. still lost...
My GPA was a 3.63... I had a 3.0 after my frosh year. Right now my official job title is an "Investment Banking Analyst". My division isenergy/coal so we do deals pretty much exclusively in that industry. What our group does is just raise money for companies through syndicated loans. Asyndicated loan is basically a loan that is broken up over a group of banks (a bank group). Each bank will give a certain amount to the company we are doing adeal with and usually we will give the largest amount out of the bankgroup which makes us the "lead underwriter". On a day to day basis I mainly do alot of modeling and putting together pitchbooks for the deals. A lot of hard work but a great experience.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

17. Electrical engineers
Do this
: Design, develop and test the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment.
Get paid: $85,350

I like this...pretty sure that's not starting salary though
Hell nah, but I know for a fact the average salary coming out of LSU for an undergrad is 62.5K
pimp.gif
glad to finally be getting that degree nextsemester

so i gotta go to school for this +$**? and maybe some additional years to capitalize on an entry level position in one of those fields?

Originally Posted by Smashing

Originally Posted by SirDilbert2k10

grin.gif
I'm in my senior year as a computer engineering major and we don't just learn code, we have to study computer architecture, electronics and electronic design automation.... it's a mix of what EE and computer science majors learn because we need to be able write software and apply it to the tech.

That listing is for computer software engineers, not computer engineering majors, mostly cs majors. I'd hate to go through all that computer engineering jazz to just get a job as a software engineer, that's what cs is for.
Just looked at it again and you're right, my major is more similar to electrical engineering.

grin.gif

writing code seriously sucks though. i spent 1.5 hours trying to figure out why my program wouldnt work and it was all cause i added a wrong word.its seriously ridiculous at times

Back
Top Bottom