30Stacks for PHD for my Science tech engineering math graduates/students (New mexico or NY)

PLEASE bump for others
Binghamton University or  New Mexico State University

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

On behalf of Dr. Ricardo B. Jacquez, Director of the New Mexico AMP, I am please to announce that the New Mexico Alliance for Minority Participation is accepting applications for our 9th cohort of the Bridge to the Doctorate program, contingent upon NSF funding.  New Mexico State University (NMSU) will be the university site for the 9th BD cohort.  Interested students can learn more about NMSU at http://www.nmsu.edu

The New Mexico LSAMP BD program provides a $30,000 annual stipend, as well as support for tuition, books, travel, and research activities.  Eligible student will have participated in a LSAMP undergraduate program and meet additional criteria, as described in the attached application package.  Applications will be accepted through June 3, 2011.  

Qualification Requirements:

§  Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and a member of an underrepresented minority group as defined by the NSF:  Hispanic, African-American, Native American, Alaskan Native, or Pacific Islander

§  Have a B.S. degree in a STEM discipline from a LSAMP institution and provide evidence of participation in an LSAMP undergraduate program

§  Meet the requirements for and be admitted to the NMSU Graduate School at NMSU in a STEM Ph.D. program

§  Have a strong commitment to pursuing and completing a Ph.D. degree

§  Have a minimum GPA of 3.0

Note:  Only twelve (12) total positions are available in each cohort.  Applications will be reviewed until all 12 positions are filled. The availability of these positions is subjected to the NSF funding approval.

Application Requirements:

§  A completed Bridge to the Doctorate application form, including student information, and a signed formal agreement, accepting and agreeing to commit to the pursuit of a Ph.D.

§  A 5-6 page, double-spaced statement of educational and career objectives

§  Curriculum Vitae/Resume

§  Unofficial transcript

§  Copy of B.S. Diploma or copy of Letter of Completion

§  A nomination letter from a professor in your discipline who has agreed to work with you as mentor

§  Graduate Plan of Study prepared and signed by mentor or academic advisor

§  Two (2) Letters of Support from faculty members in your discipline addressing the following:

1.     How the faculty member is acquainted with you and your work

2.     The quality of your work and potential for success through the doctoral program in your discipline

Professors willing to participate as mentors for the BD program should submit a short plan addressing the following (these documents should be submitted along with the student's application package):

1.     Strategies you are going to follow to develop in your student a strong understanding of the requirements of a PhD degree

2.     Specific encouraging activities to increase the level of confidence in the student to pursue a PhD.

3.     Projected actions to financially and academically place the student in the appropriate path to the PhD, here at NMSU or in another institution. Please indicate the mechanism of support for nominated student following the two-year period of the BD grant, i.e., how you intend to either continue financial support for the student beyond the BD program, or how you plan to network with colleagues to place the student in a Ph.D. program elsewhere. NSF requires that “BD applicants must present an action plan describing dollar support and sources for continuing students in years three and beyond towards doctorate degrees. Action plans identifying strategies for connecting the transfer of third-year BD recipients interested and eligible for admission to STEM doctoral programs are required.

PLEASE bump for others
Binghamton University or  New Mexico State University

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

On behalf of Dr. Ricardo B. Jacquez, Director of the New Mexico AMP, I am please to announce that the New Mexico Alliance for Minority Participation is accepting applications for our 9th cohort of the Bridge to the Doctorate program, contingent upon NSF funding.  New Mexico State University (NMSU) will be the university site for the 9th BD cohort.  Interested students can learn more about NMSU at http://www.nmsu.edu

The New Mexico LSAMP BD program provides a $30,000 annual stipend, as well as support for tuition, books, travel, and research activities.  Eligible student will have participated in a LSAMP undergraduate program and meet additional criteria, as described in the attached application package.  Applications will be accepted through June 3, 2011.  

Qualification Requirements:

§  Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and a member of an underrepresented minority group as defined by the NSF:  Hispanic, African-American, Native American, Alaskan Native, or Pacific Islander

§  Have a B.S. degree in a STEM discipline from a LSAMP institution and provide evidence of participation in an LSAMP undergraduate program

§  Meet the requirements for and be admitted to the NMSU Graduate School at NMSU in a STEM Ph.D. program

§  Have a strong commitment to pursuing and completing a Ph.D. degree

§  Have a minimum GPA of 3.0

Note:  Only twelve (12) total positions are available in each cohort.  Applications will be reviewed until all 12 positions are filled. The availability of these positions is subjected to the NSF funding approval.

Application Requirements:

§  A completed Bridge to the Doctorate application form, including student information, and a signed formal agreement, accepting and agreeing to commit to the pursuit of a Ph.D.

§  A 5-6 page, double-spaced statement of educational and career objectives

§  Curriculum Vitae/Resume

§  Unofficial transcript

§  Copy of B.S. Diploma or copy of Letter of Completion

§  A nomination letter from a professor in your discipline who has agreed to work with you as mentor

§  Graduate Plan of Study prepared and signed by mentor or academic advisor

§  Two (2) Letters of Support from faculty members in your discipline addressing the following:

1.     How the faculty member is acquainted with you and your work

2.     The quality of your work and potential for success through the doctoral program in your discipline

Professors willing to participate as mentors for the BD program should submit a short plan addressing the following (these documents should be submitted along with the student's application package):

1.     Strategies you are going to follow to develop in your student a strong understanding of the requirements of a PhD degree

2.     Specific encouraging activities to increase the level of confidence in the student to pursue a PhD.

3.     Projected actions to financially and academically place the student in the appropriate path to the PhD, here at NMSU or in another institution. Please indicate the mechanism of support for nominated student following the two-year period of the BD grant, i.e., how you intend to either continue financial support for the student beyond the BD program, or how you plan to network with colleagues to place the student in a Ph.D. program elsewhere. NSF requires that “BD applicants must present an action plan describing dollar support and sources for continuing students in years three and beyond towards doctorate degrees. Action plans identifying strategies for connecting the transfer of third-year BD recipients interested and eligible for admission to STEM doctoral programs are required.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

all you need is a 3.0 for med school now?
You spent so much $@!*%! time camping for sneakers that u really dont know the difference between a PhD and an MD?? should have spent your time doing something constructive...like reading
grin.gif

You spent so much $@!*%! time camping for sneakers that u really dont know the difference between a PhD and an MD?? should have spent your time doing something constructive...like reading
grin.gif

this isnt med school just a PHD program for what govt calls STEM majors.... 3.0 is min but of course its competitive 

this isnt med school just a PHD program for what govt calls STEM majors.... 3.0 is min but of course its competitive 

Originally Posted by br00klynrebel

grin.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by roc4life24

A 3.0 in STEM is  a lot harder then a 3.0 in business/liberal arts majors too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by roc4life24

A 3.0 in STEM is  a lot harder then a 3.0 in business/liberal arts majors too
laugh.gif

grin.gif

oh my damn
laugh.gif

grin.gif

oh my damn
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

moneymike88 wrote:

grin.gif

oh my damn
laugh.gif

ec7364d96117a8f64979ceeda93e0515398b1b4f_r.jpg

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

moneymike88 wrote:

grin.gif

oh my damn
laugh.gif

ec7364d96117a8f64979ceeda93e0515398b1b4f_r.jpg

grin.gif

a11365de351cee108dc282da1ae733065375bf37.gif

grin.gif

a11365de351cee108dc282da1ae733065375bf37.gif

grin.gif

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...reciation#reply-10818858

You're broke though. I'm doing better than you in life while camping for sneakers
grin.gif

Also, http://niketalk.yuku.com/...-payment-#reply-10819123
laugh.gif

grin.gif

You're broke though. I'm doing better than you in life while camping for sneakers
grin.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 thread derailed. 

grin.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 thread derailed. 

grin.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 I'm still in school, though...you think when im officially done and making 6 figures you, or anyone can say %*@+ to me? FOH. You're one of those small minded motha @$!%!#% who work their lil $14 an hour jobs thinking theyre doing it...I'll be sure to update that post in a few months, my dude.
wink.gif

And stop pming me telling me sorry. not sure what your intentions are...    

Back
Top Bottom