4/29- (7) N.O. Hornets @ (2) Denver Nuggets (3-1 Denver) - Round 1: Game 5- 10:30PM ET TNT

as of now i got dallas in 7 but im very curious to see if dallas dominance over san antonio was a result of them getting the perfect 1st round match up or because they got it together late.

after denver was as dominant as they were over new orleans, i might need to reevaluate my pick, but i still think dallas is peaking and playing well as a team at the right time and should be able to take this series if they don't let up.

I don't see Dampier having the same impact as he did playing the Nuggets. Kenyon, Bird, Nene are all way too quick for him and I'm pretty sure arebigger than Bass. I can also see Kenyon and Bird playing a lot better D on Dirk than...Kurt Thomas? Or Bowen? I'm not sure who was guarding him in theSpurs series but Kenyon and Bird are mobile big men who are pretty good on ball defenders.

With Dahtay Jones locking up CP3 I don't see him or Chauncey having a problem with Kidd or JET.

I got Nuggs in 6.

Originally Posted by soychulo

It's always been frustrating watching the Nuggets. How did everyone seem to grow up all of a sudden? They play like a mature team. Does Billups have that much influence over this squad? Props to the Nuggets.
it was pretty apparent watching them all year that they had made a huge step up in terms of team work. I even give Karl some of the credit, eventhough it's really Chauncey that motivates the team to play defense, George was beating them over the head with defensive drills all summer, somethingthey've never really done before. with Chauncey's experience and attitude, I think that was the final thing they needed in order to "buy in"to playing defense. now the offense just comes naturally when they get all these stops on the other end, and I thinkthe guys are starting to really grasp howcritical the defense is.

I'm just impressed that there haven't been any meltdowns. Martin plays D and doesn't take those crazy swinging into the lane, sweeping hook shots.He's hitting these open 15-17 footers. Smith is under control. Never thought I'd see that happen. Melo stopped being a gunner without a conscience.

Bench play is really pretty good. Everyone is playing defense. Well, Melo could improve a bit.

It's been enjoyable watching them. Still have reservations about whether they will come unglued once a better team starts getting after them. There is nodoubt that this team can compete with anyone as far as talent is concerned. So far they've harnessed that talent. Hope they keep it up.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SouthsideChi773

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Nuggs look like a legit team to take down L.A.

That series could be bananas B.
no

Yes it would,Lakers better tighten up between now and the West Finals.

Laker vs Nuggets will be the west version of Bulls vs Celtics.... Awesome series in the works. Denver just gotta take care of business with the Mavs, and Idont see the Lake Show having any problems with Houston/Portland.

Ps- I already booked my flight to Denver and got tickets on lock for games 3,4 and potential 6 vs the Lakers, so pretty much those teams BETTER WIN! lol
smile.gif

to rayray - how could you have tickets on lock when round 2 didn't even go on sale yet and prices for round 3 and 4 haven't even been announced yet? iwanna get in on this, let me know. lol.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

27yu54j.gif

- i like the Nuggets, but cant stand this idiot.
smh.gif

- hopefully chauncey can keep his dumb $+% calmed down the next round, and later on if they face the lakers......this idiot can potentially ruin it for thewhole team with his antics.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN BOUT! had to make my first avatar change in over 1200 posts for this one. LET'S GO NUGGETS! we can get at these Mavs just like we did in the reg season. kmart will lock down dirk, dampier can't guard nene, howard can't guard Melo, and chauncey/kidd is a good match up, just gotta watch terry but I think DJ can guard him. the match up looks good for the Nuggets in this one.

Nice avy
wink.gif

haha, yeah I knew you had that one so I went with the navy blue background to distinguish myself, lol.

do people who hate on JR smith have ANY clue how good this kid is? at all? I'm thinking no...

do people who hate on JR smith have ANY clue how good this kid is? at all? I'm thinking no...

What does not liking him have anything to do with knowing how good he is. They don't like him because of his antics. I don't like LeBron, but thatdoesn't mean I don't think he's the best player in the league. Sorry Laker fans

to rayray - how could you have tickets on lock when round 2 didn't even go on sale yet and prices for round 3 and 4 haven't even been announced yet? i wanna get in on this, let me know. lol.

my old college roomate works in the marketing/corporate sales for the nuggets... employees get first dibs on tickets before they go on sale to the public (facevalue for playoffs)

Back
Top Bottom