4 Years Ago Today Hurricane Katrina Struck New Orleans

Originally Posted by sneekerluvr

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

^ what school did/do you go to??
I went to Xavier at the time. I came back to Xavier when they reopened the city after doing a semester at FAMU, and stayed there for like two years before transferring to Tulane where I'm at now.

what happened to the trinidadian dude?

Originally Posted by Lrrr

JamesOnNT wrote:

I went to Xavier at the time. I came back to Xavier when they reopened the city after doing a semester at FAMU, and stayed there for like two
years before transferring to Tulane where I'm at now.

yeah, what happened to your roommate?

terrible time for that city. i went in fall 2007 and it was still messed up. went all around the city to check it out. hope its somewhat rebuilt now

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by Lrrr

JamesOnNT wrote:

I went to Xavier at the time. I came back to Xavier when they reopened the city after doing a semester at FAMU, and stayed there for like two
years before transferring to Tulane where I'm at now.

yeah, what happened to your roommate?
He went evacuated to his aunt's house in Houston, who was his only family in the states. He returned to Xavier as well and is actually atTulane with me now finishing up his Engineering degree. We actually got an apartment together last year.
smokin.gif

If you were in a neighboring city, you would have been at the bridges with guns, too. The crime after Katrina was terrible.

In Algiers black people were walking on their own street getting shot by white people that lived there as well. And no, I would not be one of the people on the bridges with guns turning people back. I would be one of the people helping in some way shape or form.

It honestly doesn't feel like 4 years has really passed. Katrina was one of the worst times of my life. Alot of people got it way worse than me so I'mextremely grateful that my family had something to come back to. Sometimes it feels as though parts of New Orleans still looks like a ghosttown. It seems asthough the residents of this city are working harder to restore their neighborhoods than the government is (state, city, and federal).

Originally Posted by dapimpjuice4ya

It honestly doesn't feel like 4 years has really passed. Katrina was one of the worst times of my life. Alot of people got it way worse than me so I'm extremely grateful that my family had something to come back to. Sometimes it feels as though parts of New Orleans still looks like a ghosttown. It seems as though the residents of this city are working harder to restore their neighborhoods than the government is (state, city, and federal).
It's alot more complicated than that.

I watched when the levees broke today it was long but a good watch I recommend it to anyone. It's been on hbo all day

Back
Top Bottom