40oz

i still drink 40's
drinking that Hobo booze, Mad Dog FTW

header4.jpg

yeah i know this is very sad

you young dude aint uo on this
2j1vpqs.jpg

In June 1991, the G. Heileman Brewing Company announced a new malt liquor called PowerMaster. While typical malt liquors contain about 4.5 percent alcohol by weight and regular beers between 3.5 to 4 percent, PowerMaster had an alcohol content between 5.5 to 6 percent. The target area for the initial release was Chicago.

However, local clergy in Chicago contended that the malt liquor with its high alcohol content was being aimed at young black males. A nationwide campaign protesting the beer soon erupted.

Less than a month after the announcement to introduce the malt liquor, the Bureau of Tobacco and Firearms withdrew their approval of the PowerMaster label based on an old 1935 law that forbade the labeling or advertising of beer as "strong" or "extra strength." They stated that the word "power" violated this law.

So Heileman was given a few months to sell whatever stock of PowerMaster that it had already produced, however many retailers refused to put it on the shelves.

These full pint-sized cans of PowerMaster were bought by my brother who worked at one of those retail stores that was pulling their stock from the shelves. He gave me some of the beer as a Christmas present in 1991.

Yeah whenever me, Cain, and loc dog are chilling' , we be drinking 40s ya feel me?!

Hell no. I'm not homeless

This is dumb. You guys see prob the same ones that'll drink the new bud light platinum and say its a premium beer. Psshhhh tastes like some ole e in a pretty blue bottle to me...

Originally Posted by kiid23

This is dumb. You guys see prob the same ones that'll drink the new bud light platinum and say its a premium beer. Psshhhh tastes like some ole e in a pretty blue bottle to me...
laugh.gif
... i dont know how old you are.. but if you are older then 21 and think that BLP is premium then you must not drink much...... and if you think that it taste like OE then you def tripping...

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

i still drink 40's
drinking that Hobo booze, Mad Dog FTW

header4.jpg

yeah i know this is very sad
That MD 20/20 is a mix of 
sick.gif
pimp.gif
, and 
roll.gif
all at the same time. Haven't had it since 2007, but man, $4 can get you a mildly good taste, be 
put where you need to be, and maybe an upset stomach later on. Ahhhh...memories. 

Deuces > 40s. 40s get warm too fast + I have the tolerance of a freshman smh.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Anything after college is unacceptable unless it's STRICTLY for nostalgia's sake.
Which is why my friends and I do "Fried Chicken and 40s Night" once every couple years. It's good times. 

Don't understand the hate for 40's. But now that I have turned 21 I really haven't drank one yet o_O

I always used to get 2 miller high life's and call it a day.

I copped a mickey's the other dy and some OG was talking bout "in the old days man, I used to mess with that 60oz they don't even make that anymore man. Those were the good old days. I can't hang with a 40 of Mickey's anymore. I have to get 2 tall cans of bud"

Back
Top Bottom