*** 43 Hip Hop Classics According To The Source ***

When did yall start listening to hip hop?? I mean EVERYbody read The Source, and to this day there hasn't been a mag close to the Source in its prime . . .+%$@ like XXL is awful, they only began to look good when The Source got REALLY messy . . . But of all the albums only 2 or 3 on the lists were given 5 micsafter the Magazine lost its credibility . . . So if you're discrediting the list because you don't like the Source now, you're a fool . . . Andprobabaly a young punk
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And then to top it off, I walked to the newsstand
to buy this cheap-*** little magazine with a food stamp
Skipped to the last page, flipped right fast
and what do I see? A picture of my big white%!$%
Okay, let me give you+###+$$!@%#%#$ some help:
uhh, here - DOUBLE XL, DOUBLE XL
Now your magazine shouldn't have so much trouble to sell
Ahh @+$$ it, I'll even buy a couple myself

They all make sense, with the exception of probabaly Lil Kim's album, Scarface, All Eyes On Me and the last 2 Nas and Jay albums

Facemob not 5? AEoM not a 5? Blueprint & Stillmatic? Those are among the most worthy candidates of a 5 on there. Lil Kim's is of courseno where near a 5, but Face,Nas,and Jigga all deserve theirs.

eyes.gif
Honestly, if I was a rapper I wouldn't give a flying %%** about the rating that The Source gave me....
getting five mics in the source during the nineties was a HUGE accomplishment. nowadays it means nothing, but back then.......you were the man ifgot 5 mics.

i'll also agree with the notion that blueprint and stillmatic aren't classics. there are a few others i could do with out as well.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

eyes.gif
Honestly, if I was a rapper I wouldn't give a flying %%** about the rating that The Source gave me....
getting five mics in the source during the nineties was a HUGE accomplishment. nowadays it means nothing, but back then.......you were the man if got 5 mics.

True indeed.

At one point in time 5 mics actually meant something.

i remember if you got 4 mics, your album was automatically copped. either you dubbed, stole, or bought it.

the beginning of the end was when benzino gave the made men album 4.5 mics because that killed the magazines credibility. when everybody found out that theywere benzinos homies, and he gave that wack record a near classic rating, the source was finished.

The reason Em didnt get any love from the source is cause of Benzino's punk!@#+. Give credit where credit is due. If I was beefin with one of the best, andeverybody knew it... I would definetley give him that respect for being a great mc. Its actually good business. If you are gonna give them the time of day withbeefing which gives them attention, at least say your beefin with the best and not some loser. Em " I got XXL's number anyway."

Gotta disagree, Lil Kim? No way.....Where's GRODT, College dropout, Life after death..and I'm just startin...

its on point except for lil kim i know a handfull of albums that are better than that crap... that are not classics

minus lil kim, theres nothing wrong with that list.

50, eminem, kanye west ??? are you guys honestly saying their albums are on the same level as the albums on this list.

Originally Posted by NO ESCAPIN THIS

Eminem has a 5 mic album ? Come on

GRODT is NOT a 5 mic joint

Yall buggin

i agree. some of these posters think that just about every record is a classic.

Originally Posted by GMA 11

minus lil kim, theres nothing wrong with that list.

50, eminem, kanye west ??? are you guys honestly saying their albums are on the same level as the albums on this list.
I think Em should be on that list and yes i feel atleast one or two of his albums are on those levels

If we were gonna argue I don't think it should begin with people like 50, Em and Ye, how about Mecca & The Soul Brother or Main Ingrediant, RegulateThe G Funk Era, Resurrection, some %!$@ pre 2000 . . . There were a lot of GREAT albums of the 90s the grew into concencus classics . . .

i am glad to see A tribe called quest albums on that list, one of my favorite groups of all time....

but the source has lost huge credibility with their album ratings, people who didn't deserve 5 mics got mics and those who probably did deserve 5 micsdidn't

where is 'the documentary' by the game

get rich or die trying- 50

marshall mathers lp- em

and most of all

camron- purple haze (really though, top 100 easily)

Back
Top Bottom