48÷2(9+3) = ???

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

It is because the input is totally different from the original problem.
How is that different from the original problem?   last time i checked 48/2 and THAT are the exact same thing, just written in a different form.

yes it does.

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

How is that different from the original problem?   last time i checked 48/2 and THAT are the exact same thing, just written in a different form.
and it comes up to 288, what's your point?
k1wayt.jpg

It is because the input is totally different from the original problem.

yes it does.

My point?
laugh.gif

Wolfram Alpha is wrong.

Stop trolling already.
laugh.gif
I'd say the one who's disagreeing with every modern computational device is the one trolling, but I'm not a mod....

My point?
laugh.gif

Wolfram Alpha is wrong.

Stop trolling already.
laugh.gif
I'd say the one who's disagreeing with every modern computational device is the one trolling, but I'm not a mod....

My point?
laugh.gif

Wolfram Alpha is wrong.

Stop trolling already.
laugh.gif
I didn't even use Wolfram Alpha. It's the same equation either way you wrote it down. They both come up to 288. If you can tell me step by step how you got to 2, then please do.

My point?
laugh.gif

Wolfram Alpha is wrong.

Stop trolling already.
laugh.gif
I didn't even use Wolfram Alpha. It's the same equation either way you wrote it down. They both come up to 288. If you can tell me step by step how you got to 2, then please do.

THe equation isnt 48 over 2.

There is a difference

You must do the entire paranthesis equation first which is 2(9+3) which equals 24.

THE ANSWER IS 2

There is a difference

You must do the entire paranthesis equation first which is 2(9+3) which equals 24.

THE ANSWER IS 2

Once again dipset... Step number two is wrong. 48/2(9+3) is NOT the same as 48/2 * (9+3). THose are two different questions.

Brackets mean to multiply whats attached to it. What you are writing is 48/2 * * 9+3

YOU HAVE TO SOLVE THE ENTIRE PARANTH BEFORE MOVING TO STEP 2. STEP 1 YOU MUST SOLVE 2(9+3) NOT JUST THE 9+3

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

My point?
laugh.gif

Wolfram Alpha is wrong.

Stop trolling already.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
if you think every modern computational device will give you the correct answer for everything. 

Once again dipset... Step number two is wrong. 48/2(9+3) is NOT the same as 48/2 * (9+3). THose are two different questions.

Brackets mean to multiply whats attached to it. What you are writing is 48/2 * * 9+3

YOU HAVE TO SOLVE THE ENTIRE PARANTH BEFORE MOVING TO STEP 2. STEP 1 YOU MUST SOLVE 2(9+3) NOT JUST THE 9+3

My point?
laugh.gif

Wolfram Alpha is wrong.

Stop trolling already.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
if you think every modern computational device will give you the correct answer for everything. 

Originally Posted by ncmalko1

Wrong it's whats inside it that counts not what is attached. Dipset is correct. I can find you endless amounts of sites that say it's whats inside the brackets that count and not what's attached to it. Can you even find any sources?

Wrong it's whats inside it that counts not what is attached. Dipset is correct. I can find you endless amounts of sites that say it's whats inside the brackets that count and not what's attached to it. Can you even find any sources?

There is a difference

THE ANSWER IS 2
The thing is, 2 isnt in the parenthesis. So you dont have to multiply right after adding. 2( ) is the same as 2*( ). Its what we were taught early in middle school. 

There is a difference

THE ANSWER IS 2
The thing is, 2 isnt in the parenthesis. So you dont have to multiply right after adding. 2( ) is the same as 2*( ). Its what we were taught early in middle school. 

My point?
laugh.gif

Wolfram Alpha is wrong.

Stop trolling already.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
In a simple problem like this, where the problem follows simply the order of operations, they should, and do, give you the correct answer.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom