$50,000 KIA GT, 390 hp... This will NOT dissapoint.

Kia has been on the up the last couple of years. That GT is dope!
pimp.gif

I'm not one to say "it's still a KIA" but not many will pay $50k for a KIA. Make this at around $30k-$35k then maybe it'll sell good enough that KIA can put their name out there. KIA simply isn't a luxury car, actually the brand itself is on the lower end of the totem pole. Their main selling point is budget vehicles with crappy quality. Hyundai is better off making this car a next gen Genesis Coupe or as Genesis Coupe GT and price it around $30k-$35k and KIA should take on Scions market instead.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

50k for 390hp? Rip. off. Will gladly pay Nissan 32k for 330hp or an EVO for 34k and 300hp and put on a hard hat to get it over 400, $10-15k still in pocket

Eh you can't just look at horse power and say its a rip off but i guess that's a personal view. The Cayman R for example is almost $70k and has 330hp. Been looking all over no one is saying anything online about a $50,000 price tag except this thread
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by finnns2003

50k for 390hp? Rip. off. Will gladly pay Nissan 32k for 330hp or an EVO for 34k and 300hp and put on a hard hat to get it over 400, $10-15k still in pocket
Eh you can't just look at horse power and say its a rip off but i guess that's a personal view. The Cayman R for example is almost $70k and has 330hp. Been looking all over no one is saying anything online about a $50,000 price tag except this thread
nerd.gif
The difference is that the Cayman is a Porsche. It has history and it is a sport luxury brand. Not to mention the Cayman is being held as just about the best sports car for the money because of it's mid-engine layout. Drive one and you'll see why. The KIA doesn't and not even close. Plus KIA isn't really a big seller even in it's market so they have to crawl up slowly, not jump.
It'll be like Old Navy jumping to compete with Gucci with prices to match or close to it. They may provide similar quality materials and build (which I still doubt that KIA can compete with Lexus, Porsche, Audi, etc...) but that name and perception is still there and for a few more $$$, why not go for the better, true and tested brand? 

They need to do what domestic brands are doing. Look at the Cadillac CTS-V, thing is a monster for the price and it is highly regarded, same with the Corvette. Even then, these brands still need to cut back on something. Corvette with it's plastic body and panels and Cadillac with it's cheap interior materials. But they do have a rich history to back them up while KIA doesn't.

I agree though, you can't put a price on merely the HP alone though.

its still a KIA yes...

the only thing i see saving this is if it actually performs. then dudes might buy. magazines would have to give it a great review.
looks are decent. 50k?... shud be 40-45

Back
Top Bottom