50 cent breaks down what i been saying about Lloyd Banks career for years

There's some truth in this

but he stays publicly ****ting on people. It doesn't matter if you said it to them. You said it privately. These are grown men.

And I don't think he ever really wanted Banks or YaYo to be self sufficient and bigger than they became.

But he's upset at Marquise for taking a pic with Supreme's son? He doesn't know why? It's because he wants the attention that 50 never gave him.

he's just like the great value fab
fab trash by the way

but he was better than Fabolous at one point...

people still treat fab like you just came out last year. da kids are all on him with those summertime shootouts. anytime I hear Lloyd Banks on da radio it's a throwback Thursday set or WBLS where they play the washed up goldies hip Hop....

but he was better than Fabolous at one point...

people still treat fab like you just came out last year. da kids are all on him with those summertime shootouts. anytime I hear Lloyd Banks on da radio it's a throwback Thursday set or WBLS where they play the washed up goldies hip Hop....
I’m not even gonna argue that point about Lloyd being Fab at any point because that’s what few kids back in HS use to say but I never saw that at anytime, even when they both were monotone slick rappers.
Fab always had that potential to break out that shell but Banks was always that too cool for skool cat

Fab always had that potential to break out that shell but Banks was always that too cool for skool cat

his first album sold better than fabulous is first album.... we're talking about a guy that was a Cornerstone of the G-Unit empire. you telling me that from that high of platform he couldn't dominate solo with that skillset?

if you told me that a rapper with bars as nice as fabolous arguably better was going to be second behind 50 cent and his career would end up fizzling out I would have thought you were crazy and yet here we are talking about the Lost potential and squandered promise of Lloyd Banks.

Mans talk about personalities like they wanna date these dudes. Who cares about a personality. Just enjoy the music

personality comes out through your music it's pretty apparent that Lloyd Banks shortcomings has gotten his career stuck in a ditch...

if Jay-Z would have had Lloyd Banks personality in the late 90s when DMX was out dominating doing his thing Jay-Z would have never been a billionaire today..

Mans talk about personalities like they wanna date these dudes. Who cares about a personality. Just enjoy the music
i get what ur saying
but sometimes personailty
can elevate ur music
da baby is a great example of that

Prodigy basically confirmed everything that 50 cent just said now it in his biography almost 10 years ago when they all sat down for that G-Unit meeting.

Whats so surprising?

When I first heard Banks voice I knew he didn't have it and never would. I saw his face and knew he wasn't gonna work for it either. Dope mixtape rapper. Not a star or an artist.

Its even worse with Yayo. Never had it with bars, musically, so that would take even more management to make him a star.

Curtis is right about certain ppl need a little work to reach a certain level.

And he's not overall wrong about what he's saying about moving forward, and making your own moment.

He's talking calmly and a matter of factly about these dudes in a super grime way :lol:

Curtis should speak on himself and his flaws for why he picked dudes that weren't gonna fulfill potential or were limited. He didn't pick stars, he picked sidekicks for his crew.

Also Curtis' intentions is damn near every rap star's, **** every black artist really, intentions for the most part. That aint new and so many have failed he should've looked to do it differently if he really wanted that.

Last edited:
Banks was too monotone. I couldn't listened to him or Yayo. Game is the only one I could listen to.

As far as personality. Fab didn't show any personality until he got on Twitter. He did however have personality and energy in his music.

Banks had no energy or personality in his music, on stage or in interviews.

Banks was too monotone. I couldn't listened to him or Yayo. Game is the only one I could listen to.
Main reason I didn't say Curtis should've focused on Game is cuz Game was never really his artist.

Quite frankly putting aside all the stuff we learned now, he probably should've focused more on Buck and Olivia.

Also, honestly Curtis should've been building up a much more stable career if he wanted to follow the formula of what Dre did for Em and what Em did for him. Dre was pretty much already a legend. Em put in time and work for that fanbase and sales and didnt let up. After his 2nd album, movements kinda left him in the dust and he was being written off.

Then all he was left with was beefing rappers on wax and via the internet/radio which did not build the dame buzz when he did it to Ja. Not to mention he kept doing the same thing expecting a specific result for so long.

Signing a bunch of vet NY groups was not gonna help.

Speaking of that, I want to know if 50 evaluates himself.

He speaks on others failings as if they're his. It's cool to say, it was Banks and Yayo's fault. I babied them.

Cool, but what about everything else.

But were you right in signing Mobb Deep and MOP. I love both. But what 50 did was like Cleveland signing Kevin Love for $30 mil a year. A past their prime performer.

What about Hot Rod and Olivia. What about Mase and Freeway.

Does he think causing unnecessary conflict benefited his career?

I'd like to hear that book. Not him talk about Biggie being fat with a lazy eye.

This ***** Prodigy said if we had the g-unit sneaker endorsement he would go to sleep in G-Unit kicks.

"Buck needed to shut the **** up with that clean up man ****" :rofl:

I'm assuming these audio books? ****** talking real level headed.

You kinda see it with these new artists too not wanting to do the necessary work to make it happen. If they lose it all, and have to go back to a regular job they'll have to do parts of it they'd rather not do, so they should treat their music career the same.

Banks still nice, he's just less about swagger and more about the actual rapping. People are probably spot on with his worth ethic, but as far as his actual music, he just needs more lively production. His natural personality is pretty laid back and recluse, and that's the type of beats he's had for years. they're not bad, but people can only take so many cold, wintry, dark beats at one time.

ninjahood ninjahood I've probably mentioned it before, and even though I don't think Banks is monotone and a worse rapper than he was years ago, you basically feel about him how I've felt about Lil' Flip since 2005. He went from fun, fly, easy-flowing dude just rapping about cool **** to becoming super trapper mob boss Flip, and just became un-listenable. His flow declined badly, despite his content becoming much more well rounded.

Back
Top Bottom