50 Cent Tours Somalia

Pretty amazing stuff
pimp.gif

I want to hate so bad...cause this is just another gimmick for him on some level...

...but its about the kids at the end of the day.

That is nice of him, the kids are so cute.

Spoiler [+]
I hate this guy, Team Jeffrey Atkins

Originally Posted by sillyputty

I want to hate so bad...cause this is just another gimmick for him on some level...

Smart water was a gimmick.
Traveling to Somalia and providing food for the needy, that's good a good look.

It goes to show that there's another level of existence and self awareness when you become ultra rich, contrary to popular belief.

It's not about buying and balling, giving back to other's can be the ultimate feeling.

Not a fan of 50's music anymore but this is definitely dope.

You hardly ever see a rapper of his stature doing anything like this, so it's definitely nice to see. He's made more than enough money to just kick back and do whatever he wants for the rest of his life but the fact that not only is he providing meals for these people, he is actually IN Somalia witnessing it and taking it in first hand

laugh.gif
@ the little girl putting him on the spot to sing

dude shouldve been like ill do it later

eek.gif
dude completely just changed my image of him. If he really doesn't drink or smoke and meditates with deepak chopra I may even actually like him now, his music is still trash though.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

It goes to show that there's another level of existence and self awareness when you become ultra rich, contrary to popular belief.

It's not about buying and balling, giving back to other's can be the ultimate feeling.
I don't doubt that there is some intrinsically bubbly feeling that he gets, but you only mentioned "Smart Water" as if it was the only gimmick hes had.
Did you forget about "Street King"? 

His energy drink? He said for every Facebook like he got he would donate a meal to poor kids.

I mean, while it ultimately helps the less fortunate, I can't help but feel like hes taking advantage of others for solely his benefit with the proximinal benefit of others.

It just seemed more disingenuous than anything. 

But props for him getting the media involved and showing him following through with his commitment.

50 seems like a pretty good dude
pimp.gif

That little girl putting him on spot was hella awkward though
laugh.gif

I have to disagree when you called this a gimmick
Dude hasnt been relevant much in the music industry. If anything i look at dude lately as a businessman.
So theres really no need for him to build any "buzz" by going on this trip
If it was just for publicity he would have stopped his effort after the UN denied his donation, according to the vid.
But all that aside, props to 50.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

I don't doubt that there is some intrinsically bubbly feeling that he gets, but you only mentioned "Smart Water" as if it was the only gimmick hes had.
Did you forget about "Street King"? 

His energy drink? He said for every Facebook like he got he would donate a meal to poor kids.

I mean, while it ultimately helps the less fortunate, I can't help but feel like hes taking advantage of others for solely his benefit with the proximinal benefit of others.

It just seemed more disingenuous than anything. 

But props for him getting the media involved and showing him following through with his commitment.

Come on bro don't do this. At the end of the day he could of went about promoting himself in a bunch of ways but he chose to do it in a way that also helps out others. Cant really hate who cares if he got the media involved and wanted people to know he did it, he still did it.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

That's a good look, but he's using it to pump his SK brand up. More SK=more $$

Did u miss the part about all the money from sk going to feed the kids , and starving out there??

Originally Posted by Sourkush

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

That's a good look, but he's using it to pump his SK brand up. More SK=more $$

Did u miss the part about all the money from sk going to feed the kids , and starving out there??

I STILL do not believe ALL of the profit is going towards this. Regardless of what gimmick he throws out there, 50 is a business man.

if all celebrities adopted a similar policy of social entrepreneurship...the world would be a much better place

Back
Top Bottom